IGN GRAW Hands-on!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my.... amazing screenshots and videos! This game is going to take up sooooo much of my time! GRIN, I think my wife is going to hate you guys  :grin3:

My wife already is. When the first PC trailer was out. She happened to catch me watching it. Her first words were.. "Is that the new Ghost Recon?". I replied..yes.. she then stated "ohhhh ####!!" :D I couldnt count the amount of times while playing [GR], that I have said.. "just one more round".

So a glock auto dismantles a van? Meh. I would rather stuff blow up and fall apart than watch my MM1 hit a car windshield and only leave a black mark. Modeling the physics of bullet and explosive damage on a vehicle could take 3 more years to hit something close to realism. I think that the door swinging open when the van leaned from the tire being blown out was enough for this Civil Engineer to suspend disbelief and salivate.

Good lookin stuff.

Oh my.... amazing screenshots and videos! This game is going to take up sooooo much of my time! GRIN, I think my wife is going to hate you guys  :grin3:

My wife already is. When the first PC trailer was out. She happened to catch me watching it. Her first words were.. "Is that the new Ghost Recon?". I replied..yes.. she then stated "ohhhh ####!!" :D I couldnt count the amount of times while playing [GR], that I have said.. "just one more round".

Yes its going to be a poor time for the Women.

:yes:

After watching those 4 vids like 100 times i can say :

- Im even more exicted than i was yesterday ( yesterday i thougt i cant be more exited about GRAW ;) )

- I love the tactical map, it looks sharp !! I love the real time movement of GHOSTS and even muzzleflashes and decals when they encouter tangos.

- I dont know if someone noticed superb sound effect when You can hear Ghost with SAW suppresing enemy. Notice how the souds changes when you move around the corner ! I just love that !! Sound is going to be stunning in GRAW !!

- the outfit screen with weapons and addons looks great ! Sharp and neat !! No unnecessary frills ! And this weapon zoom :thumbsup::yes:

- Decals looks great ! Specially the effect of bullets going through a palm tree ! :thumbsup: .

There are two things i kinda dont like in this vids ...

- Defragmentation of minivan with a pistol :blink:

- Short killing range of frags ( or maybe this was recorded using god mode ?).

Generally i just cant wait till i lay my sweaty hands on GRAW ! :shifty:

Edited by Joseph_Q

- Defragmentation of minivan with a pistol  :blink:

Yup that seem'd very odd.

Whats up whit that GRIN ?

Jesus, all that storm because of ultra-high powered Glock? That will surely be fixed........ the car doors popping out, as well as the tires are eye-candy, to make the firefight look more intense without the need of blowing up the car hollywood style.

Yowza!

Well the idea is to have the cars more fragile than realistic to spice up the firefights. Remeber that ussually cars are solid blocks of unmovable concrete or nukes about to happen in games. Here you have doors and parts flying of as bullets rip through. So if you use it for cover it will be cover for only a while - or shoot off a door and snipe through the car at unsuspecting foes. If you don't the AI will :)

So instead of the Solid Block or Nuke or having to fire at a car for 20 min before it breaks we let it break a bit easier. Remeber that in a fight you don't have time to stand around as the guys did and aim a few clipps on the car

That is up with that :)

Yowza!

Well the idea is to have the cars more fragile than realistic to spice up the firefights. Remeber that ussually cars are solid blocks of unmovable concrete or nukes about to happen in games. Here you have doors and parts flying of as bullets rip through. So if you use it for cover it will be cover for only a while - or shoot off a door and snipe through the car at unsuspecting foes. If you don't the AI will :)

So instead of the Solid Block or Nuke or having to fire at a car for 20 min before it breaks we let it break a bit easier. Remeber that in a fight you don't have time to stand around as the guys did and aim a few clipps on the car

OMFG. Bo, have my children.

Yowza!

I see where you're coming from, do you have to hit it more times with the pistol to break it appart compared to the rifles?

Yowza!

Thx Bo for clarification. :grin1:

I dont like it on vids but i believe it works fine in game. :)

PS. Bo i'm begining to think that You became an GRNET adict like everyone elese here :whistle:;)

Yowza!

I see where you're coming from, do you have to hit it more times with the pistol to break it appart compared to the rifles?

Yepp you do.

Roger that Bo, thanks for quick reply.

I havent seen blood in any of the screenshots or videos, but wont you be able to turn gore on?

No gore - we had to stick to teen rating. The good thing with that is that you build a bigger MP crowd that can grow up with the game. Just as some of you did :)

Yowza!

Thx Bo for clarification. :grin1:

I dont like it on vids but i believe it works fine in game. :)

PS. Bo i'm begining to think that You became an GRNET adict like everyone elese here :whistle:;)

Yeah... I got to stop this :lol:

I havent seen blood in any of the screenshots or videos, but wont you be able to turn gore on?

No gore - we had to stick to teen rating. The good thing with that is that you build a bigger MP crowd that can grow up with the game. Just as some of you did :)

Big teenagers crowd doesnt sonds good to me ..... :unsure:

I think the problem with that as with the console version is the level of maturity due to age but I understand. It also makes sense to try to bring more people in when this game won't be as main stream as the console version due to its tactical nature.

Will we see a little red at all? If so in what form?

I can see your point, but teenagers that are attracted to a tactical, teamwork based game are usually more mature than the average. Or they will just stick around for a month or two. Besides, about us GR members? Heheh we're good to go man :)

I think this could take care by itself. Teens are used to run and gun which comes with the lack of patience due to age in most cases. The result will be a lot of teens getting killed trying to run and gun therefore having to change their game habits.

The stronger the MP crowd the more support for the MP evolution in GRAW. The more sales the more we can push the brand in a tactical direction.

I started playing games as a teen and that got me into making GRAW - the benefit is much larger than the downside (you simply have to pick your battles on the net thats all)

WHAT.. are UBI now aiming to sell games to kids in kindergarden?

But the gore level in GR or RvS wasn't bad at all.