The Best Mods? (That People Still Use)

I was wondering, since I am buying GR again (havn't played in a few years and I lost my old disc) what the best newer mods have been that people are actively playing. Or do most people just play old school no mods.

It's been a while since I played the original GR, but last time I did the Dark Angel 49 mod is the one I recall being most popular. I personally just liked old school with no mods the best however. (no explosives to keep the MM1 spamming out) heheh.

SA80 + Nades kit was the best though! Miss that. :thumbsup:

I guess this is an appropriate time to sum up the very best of GR. These are the things that made the game for so many people.

Most of these you should be able to find in the "Downloads" section or if not, try google.

Year of the Monkey (YotM). - just released. been in the making for what? 1.5 years? a must have. Hot Pants and Co.

Delta Force 1990 - In my oppinion, the best characters for GR. They bring the entire game up a graphic notch. By eSkwaad. Haven't really seen him since. But what a way to leave a mark on the community.

Standard Upgrade - Still essential. Even if you use other weap mods over it. the legend: Earl.

No Easy Day - DTD's masterpiece. great missions too.

Stealth Recon - Missions origianally made for the SR co-op tournaments. Amazing.

that's an incomplete list. Someone else will have the fill you in on campaigns/maps.

Heres one of my favorite mods that alot of clans use (well from what ive seen)

Alpha Squad Mod 2.5

Full Total Conversion.

I agree.

Yes...can we say more than one? :unsure:

I like NavySeals 2.1 a lot.

Its really nice kits mod and the skins are too cool.

the demo chr my fav.

Weapons are great in there..

Well its always about what kind of gametype modes ect..

If u like coop missions theres a bunch of great missions in the GREAT DL sections.

hrs n hrs of fun.

I like MissionHX.

fer simgle or multi coop.

2mb dl..Its gives random missions on any gr maps..

Every time u start a mission ull get a random insertion, objectives, enemies spawn ect..

Never play the same missions twice..

Enemies reactions imprevisible.

really fun.

HX5 is a must fer all diff gametypes maps wpn..ect..

And most servers have it activated.

the list can go on n on..

All the latest stuff i s amazing too.

hats off to modders. :thumbsup:

peace.

I was wondering, since I am buying GR again (havn't played in a few years and I lost my old disc) what the best newer mods have been that people are actively playing. Or do most people just play old school no mods.

Probly has been said but heres my list.

Campains: Get some Jack 57 Mods

Also get: No Easy Day, Frostbite, Year Of The Monkey, Mission HX

What did I hear DA4.9?!?!!!!11one

Dont get that, its all stolen content.

actually YOTM took something like 3 years :P

I think it might have even been a bit longer than that. YoTM was underway before we even started dynacomp, and that was like three years ago.

While we're mentioning mods, don't forget War of Infamy. :)

Edited by Parabellum

Operation Stabilise; Free Russia; Free Libya; Direct Action; and any of Blakarion's mods: Snake Strike; After Shock; Dark Star - it's a trilogy - are terrific, as is any mod by Jack57. Also, any mod by Sixpence, cf, Under the Blood Sun & Demon Rage especially, will have a great storyline, new maps, etc. Very under-rated IMO is Combatech's Taskforce Thresher Project: Sons of Thunder, also the mod Guatemala: Ides of March. Actually, hmm, there are so many good mods... have fun! :rocky:

War of Infamy is great too.

But theres not that many people that still use it, terribly underrated mod =(.

Absolutely, & WOI is unique, feels like you're playing a new game & the old/original game all at the same time... plus they've put out great expansions for it w/new maps, etc. :thumbsup:
HX5 and MissionHX are pretty good.

:devil: We like the same mods! (Are you still hiding from my feline troops?)

Delta Force 1990 - In my oppinion, the best characters for GR. They bring the entire game up a graphic notch. By eSkwaad. Haven't really seen him since. But what a way to leave a mark on the community.

+100 :) I thinks so too!)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, i think that all the mods must be "classified" in some ways...

For example, if u like campaigns Jack 47 's, for me, are the best! Expecially the storyl-ine, but i stillplay 12 Weeks and many others.

For weapons, i cannot play without Prozac's M4 Sopmod, WOW 3.1, Earl's Standard Upgrade and Vyimpel, Snowfella's XM8 Mod. But also Navy Seals 2.1 by piccolo is very nice, a mod to play!

Conversion by DTD team are very cool, No Easy Day, IDF, DTD Team Mod, damn, these works are exceptional!

Then there is Sixpence...Hell, Under the blood sun, is the TOP of the TOP, followed by Eagle Claw.

Year of the Monkey and War of Infamy are the a revolution of modding, expecially those snipers on the trees of Mission 1 of YOTM!!!

For multiplayer, i think the best ones are HX5 and AS 2.6 with its submods, cuz they give u a long variety of weapons... The only thing i do not like of the [Ghost Recon] is that ALL in multiplayer use Sa80 or OICW... 2 weapons for all... expecially the OICW, its a limitation for those ome (like me) that enjoy sniping... Its 5X zoom is a great advantage for those riflemans that can run in all directions (so you cannot aim well...). It would have been better if all assault rifles had a zoom of 2X or at least 3X...

Anyway, i think that all the mods are great, and all the modders did a very good job, cuz if ghost recon survived for such long time, 50% goes to Red Storm and 50% to Modding community. We have mod of all the coutries, from the classic US Marines (lookin forward for USMC by CommandoCrazy!) to Brazil, Germany, Canada, South Africa, Poland, France, England, Italy (by me, but never adjusted it...). CHRs by Crocodrile in 101st Mod are the top of CHRs, for me!. And a crazy man, named Bajabravo make a mod of most of world troops!

GG MODDERS!!! LONG LIFE TO GR AND ITS MODS EHEH

And if you are an M16 fan, the M16 amoury + M16 add-on mod are great. You could also try DTD scar weapons mod, the 7.62mm Mod and the SVP4 mod that allows you to carry different secondary weapons in all class's including AT, Demo and sniper kit.

And if all those Mod are not enough for you , you will soon be able to play Centcom, which is by far the best mod i have played yet....