Old Skool Games & a 21st century Make-over

calius

What old skool games woud you like to see back in a 21 century 3d environment?

I would love to see Horace Goes Skiing (for comedy value) & also Rocket Ranger (by cinemaware).

Some have been brought back and arent that good realy. What about Elite? Or is that a game never to be re-worked out of upsetting too many purists?

also Rocket Ranger (by cinemaware)

That was a superb game and could be recreated nicely on today's machines. The graphics at the time were amazing.

Maybe you guys can help, but there was a great space flight sim game out on the Amiga. It began with S (sorry I know it's not very specfic) and you could fly in and out of several worlds.

In these worlds there were tunnels, which eventually led you to a shop/mission type area. The enviroment was very cool for the time, funny tress everwhere that you could blow up with pologons all over the place providing power to the different parts of that world. On some worlds there was also some great weather effects like lightning etc.

Outside of these worlds, you could find pirates flying around open space and were you to destroy one of these ships you could gather any fallen cargo via, what can only be described as a lightning style beem that would bring the cargo towards your ship for collection.

Anyone got any ideas on the name of this game?

Oh and Judge Dredd, also for the Amiga. Was a superb platform based shoot 'em up game with great atmosphere and tension.

Chuckie Egg rocked on the ZXSpectrum (I've got it on my mobile now! - thats progress!). Lords of Midnight too!

:lol: That was the Don Game on Atari, Maaan!... On your mobile?.. Where from dude?..

Some games that wytchdokta has listed..

I would like to see Walker again, i really miss that game..

A new version of Chuck Rock 1 & 2 would be nice too... all this reminiscing is making me miss my Amiga 1200!! Just gotta love that early nineties rave music that put as music for nearly all of the Amiga games out there (that's how I ended up getting into early nineties rave music).

I also remember I had this one disk for my Amiga 1200, it had 3 demo's and some other stuff on it.... One of the demo's was a Soccer kid demo.... and one of the other things on that disk was "The Rave Demo" - a rave track written by some Amiga programmer guy.... The track went on for literally 15 minutes, it was mental though, had some guy going: "Let the bass kick!!" (some of you may remember it actually). He even did a video for it, which, if your were epilleptic, you would't have watched.... Awesome vid, flashing background etc with wierd stuff going on, like black cogs spinning round ona white flashing background etc.... Then, periodically, some text would quickly flash up, stating something like: "I need to sleep. It's midnight, I've been up all night. Steve's still on the phone. I really should get some sleep" or something like that. Awesome subliminal messages....

One time, back in the day, me and my bruv connect the Amiga up to the hi-fi and we whaked the Rave Demo in the Amiga, and a blank tape into the hi-fi - and yes, we proceded to record the Rave Demo onto tape. I still have it here on that very tape somewhere (I'm all CD or Vinyl these days; my tape collection is virtually obsolete).

Ah....the memories....

Edited by WytchDokta

A new version of Chuck Rock 1 & 2 would be nice too... all this reminiscing is making me miss my Amiga 1200!! Just gotta love that early nineties rave music that put as music for nearly all of the Amiga games out there (that's how I ended up getting into early nineties rave music).

I also remember I had this one disk for my Amiga 1200, it had 3 demo's and some other stuff on it.... One of the demo's was a Soccer kid demo.... and one of the other things on that disk was "The Rave Demo" - a rave track written by some Amiga programmer guy.... The track went on for literally 15 minutes, it was mental though, had some guy going: "Let the bass kick!!" (some of you may remember it actually). He even did a video for it, which, if your were epilleptic, you would't have watched.... Awesome vid, flashing background etc with wierd stuff going on, like black cogs spinning round ona white flashing background etc.... Then, periodically, some text would quickly flash up, stating something like: "I need to sleep. It's midnight, I've been up all night. Steve's still on the phone. I really should get some sleep" or something like that. Awesome subliminal messages....

One time, back in the day, me and my bruv connect the Amiga up to the hi-fi and we whaked the Rave Demo in the Amiga, and a blank tape into the hi-fi - and yes, we proceded to record the Rave Demo onto tape. I still have it here on that very tape somewhere (I'm all CD or Vinyl these days; my tape collection is virtually obsolete).

Ah....the memories....

I was there in 1990 - 1994 mate :D

"Octomed" and many other HEX trackers ... they were great for music, I had 16 bit sampler for mine and did many a track. Then the fun days of running it from a menu to make a "demo" disk to playback your music .... aaaah superb. :thumbsup:

And getting excited about making scrolling animation vidoes using the "blitter chip" from the Amiga .... oh did I love my litte grey unit.

Back on topic though .... (sorry) :unsure: ...

ENDURO RACER (motocross type large jump race game) & also Gauntlet.

Edited by calius

I was there oin 1990-1994 too albeit I was only nine years old in 1994!!

I'm glad I can still get hold of early nineties rave stuff these days; I've got lodsa rave albums, one is even consist of six CD's!!

Krome & Time, Urban Hype, Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era, Kicks Like A Mule, 4 Hero, 2 Unlimited, Black Box.... Ah, them were the good ol' days mate. Some of the tracks I didn't think I knew by looking at the artists names, but when I put them on and started listening to them, I remember the tracks instantly - most of them featured in Amiga games.

"MR KIRK, YOUR SON IS DEAD, DEAD, DEAD, DEAD....." (excerpt from "Mr. Kirk's Nightmare" by 4 Hero)

Anyrhoad, back on topic now....

Edited by WytchDokta