"TRAINRIDE"

deleyt

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

@BTK: It's for an architectural company for sure :)

@biro: if it's still on your hd, then it should take long to fire it up again whenever Trainride is released ;)

@snow: wish I was mate. Although my present job is cool, it would be awesome to do maps for any military FPS game :)

Edited by deleyt

• 4 weeks later...
I will...I will   :devil:

By the way D, you've got to release your map soon. You spent all this time on it, I wouldn't want you to risk not getting an award and someone like me being a contender with a map that only took 21 days to make. ;)

Well, if you want an award that bad, you can still go for the "most sarcastic posts".

I doubt that you've got a contender in that area :shifty:

Lol :P

It's hard not to be sarcastic to some people, when they come on with "teach me 3dsm over MSN please". It's just too funny, sorry. :rofl:

Speaking of map awards, It's funny that it'll probably be the only map released from me this year and last year there wasn't squat either. My Year of the Monkey maps are monkey dung in my opinion if they ever even get released. Try making maps with an 855mhz p3, geforce 2 and 256mb of RAM, jungle maps at that. :wacko: I'm just glad I got a new system, the lighting tool takes but seconds now, whereas it used to take 20-30 minutes.

I was hoping to lure you into finishing your map up soon, it actually looks like a map that I would keep.

Hey, I just noticed that the award nominations are already up, damn, I always seem to miss them. Anyone know where the previous years awards are listed?

You do know D, that you really shouldn't qualify for much until you get this map out. Best Modder, Best Map, Best 3d modelling....You need to release something to qualify for those pal.(hint)release the map(hint).

I'm changing my ways, i'm not going to be the sarcastic jerk anymore, just the guy who posts over and over, "when are you going to release the mod".

Damn thats irritating. :devil:

*sigh*

I really think you're a great mapper Sleeper, but it seems you've got a bit of a fascination over me regarding awards.

Dude, if you feel you've done better then me this year, then I'm happy for you.

There really is no need to make this some kind of competition between us, because there simply isn't any.

I strongly suggest anyone feeling your map is the best to get your name nominated for this year's awards and vote "Sleeper".

There. Happy?

This may be posted a 1000 times and it has nothing to do with the current subject about this map, but i think this map is bloody brilliant!

It even uses dutch trains, what can a dutchie want more? :')

i think all those chairs will make great hiding places :)

It's hard to tell with people being sarcastic all the time....after a while you can't tell the difference.

Uh oh, dude, you totally took this wrong. :blink:

I earned several awards previously, being on the Frostbite team as well as on the WOI team last year. I couldn't give a squat about an award for myself and I don't normally even mention it. If you recall I argued that YOTM shouldn't be on last years awards and that my name should be removed from where people had nominated me.

Now,here's the meat:

To tell you the truth, just to clarify, I think you're being an ass for spending a year on a map and getting people going on about it and not releasing it. If it's a good map, that's great, you're the boss, I just think it's crappy to keep leading people on, this is the same exact problem I have with Year of the Monkey right now. The maps have been done for at least a year, everything but the missions are done as well yet the team keeps dragging it on with no intentions of doing much to finish it. That's just more jerky to me than any post I have ever made to anyone.

"Hey look at my new map/mod/model, too bad you won't be able to play it."

No offense to you Deleyt, you've always had nothing but kind words to say to me, even when I was obviously in the wrong. You would obviously deserve the recognition for your map if you'd release it. A map like mine that took a mere 3 weeks to make and uses elements from other maps pales in comparison yet it's sad that you lead people on and won't finish the damned thing. Unless this is another Dynacomp/Resident Evil mod fiasco, that doesn't even work correctly in the first place and gets everyones hopes up for nothing. No offense to any of those guys, I know they had good intentions.

Now I'm back to being the jerk again, damn. I guess i'll make an announcement about my new mod here then. I started a new map as I was finishing up the December map, I tried to make a hint about in my post about patching December. I will not be completing it. I posted no info so no one will ever have gotten their hopes up unless they got the hint. I think I'm done now.

It's hard to tell with people being sarcastic all the time....after a while you can't tell the difference.

I earned several awards previously, being on the Frostbite team as well as on the WOI team last year. I couldn't give a squat about an award for myself and I don't normally even mention it. If you recall I argued that YOTM shouldn't be on last years awards and that my name should be removed from where people had nominated me.

Now,here's the meat:

To tell you the truth, just to clarify, I think you're being an ass for spending a year on a map and getting people going on about it and not releasing it. If it's a good map, that's great, you're the boss, I just think it's crappy to keep leading people on, this is the same exact problem I have with Year of the Monkey right now. The maps have been done for at least a year, everything but the missions are done as well yet the team keeps dragging it on with no intentions of doing much to finish it. That's just more jerky to me than any post I have ever made to anyone.

"Hey look at my new map/mod/model, too bad you won't be able to play it."

No offense to you Deleyt, you've always had nothing but kind words to say to me, even when I was obviously in the wrong. You would obviously deserve the recognition for your map if you'd release it. A map like mine that took a mere 3 weeks to make and uses elements from other maps pales in comparison yet it's sad that you lead people on and won't finish the damned thing. Unless this is another Dynacomp/Resident Evil mod fiasco, that doesn't even work correctly in the first place and gets everyones hopes up for nothing. No offense to any of those guys, I know they had good intentions.

Now I'm back to being the jerk again, damn. I guess i'll make an announcement about my new mod here then. I started a new map as I was finishing up the December map, I tried to make a hint about in my post about patching December. I will not be completing it. I posted no info so no one will ever have gotten their hopes up unless they got the hint. I think I'm done now.

To give Deleyt due consideration, I understand how the requirements of life can lead one away from doing things you enjoy. Also how one would like to believe that by posting information ahead on something that he's working on would inspire him to complete it sooner, especially with the good feedback provided by the forums. Case in point, I developed a GR MOD Manager for the Mac platform and it was received fairly well. I then started with an GR Options manager program, that I was able to pound out the interface in a day (a year ago, see link below) and am now just starting up on it. On top of it all, look what's being done with a program that is years old! Unbelievable. My hat's off to all of you gentlemen! Now let's take one step back, take a deep breath and give him time to complete the damn thing! :yes:

http://www.teknoziz.com/bigdog/

Edited by FriskMe

Like I said, it's hard to tell when you're sarcastic most of the time.

I earned several awards previously, being on the Frostbite team as well as on the WOI team last year. I couldn't give a squat about an award for myself and I don't normally even mention it.

Then stop mentioning it in comparison to me constantly.

To tell you the truth, just to clarify, I think you're being an ass for spending a year on a map and getting people going on about it and not releasing it.....

.....A map like mine that took a mere 3 weeks to make and uses elements from other maps pales in comparison yet it's sad that you lead people on and won't finish the damned thing.

Of all people, you should know what it takes to build a quality map in your spare time, so I really don't have to explain the duration creating it.

On top of that, Trainride is quite a bit more complicated and isn't as easy to finish then "December".

The bottomline is, you simply don't like posting stuff untill you're all done and expect others to do the same. That's were we differ.

You see it as "leading on", I see it as "getting feedback" and "gaining motivation to carry on".