"TRAINRIDE"

deleyt

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read it.

I did have some issues of the system locking up but after switching the memory sticks over, it's pretty stable so far, evern after running GR3 for several hours.

I might have to do a 3DMark06-Point Sprite test though, to see how much artifacting I'm getting.

I will also sink the troublesome IC's they are discussing.

Thanks for the pointer.

• 4 months later...

Any update or is "Trainride" unofficially dropped? :(

Also interested to know if there are any plans for release...? The weirdest thing is, I swear I've played it before ... maybe a beta or a teaser, but I'm completely convinced I've played it. Driving me nuts :blink:

Any update or is "Trainride" unofficially dropped? :(

Also interested to know if there are any plans for release...? The weirdest thing is, I swear I've played it before ... maybe a beta or a teaser, but I'm completely convinced I've played it. Driving me nuts :blink:

There was a video out sometime ago... :thumbsup:

Edited by thales100

At this moment (and has been for quite some time already) this project is in the fridge.

I've started an Autodesk approved course regarding Advanced 3D Studio Max and pretty much all my spare time is taken up by that.

I have no clue if I will ever finish it, since I never play GR anymore and noticing that the scene has taken a heavy drop in interest aswell, I doubt if it really is worth all the hard work to get it done.

I still believe it's one of the coolest ideas around though....

um, wasnt this playable already? seems like there were beta copies sent to people to test and then, poof. no more. look, i know you have a life and so do all the other great modders, but there are people in here that would continue the work. if the map itself is done then you could always just release the map without all the mission and equipment stuff and let those that remain finish it or just use it as a great map. think trainride with firefight 3 or mission hx! anyways, just my two cents.

um, wasnt this playable already? seems like there were beta copies sent to people to test and then, poof. no more. look, i know you have a life and so do all the other great modders, but there are people in here that would continue the work. if the map itself is done then you could always just release the map without all the mission and equipment stuff and let those that remain finish it or just use it as a great map. think trainride with firefight 3 or mission hx! anyways, just my two cents.

*Puffs Chest Out*

Scripter on Kot Keys if needed!

Tinker

:hmm:

That would be a really good idea, it would be a shame to let this mod disappear altogether :thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind releasing the mod "as is", problem being that it has some portal-issues, screweing the scene up.

I've spend some time trying to fix the problems but to be honest, this is probably the hardest bug to fix that I've come across so far.

It's playable alright...but just a short while and not quite big enough to script missions on as it's missing some more carriages.

The effect is still impressive though.

I wouldn't mind releasing the mod "as is", problem being that it has some portal-issues, screweing the scene up.

I've spend some time trying to fix the problems but to be honest, this is probably the hardest bug to fix that I've come across so far.

It's playable alright...but just a short while and not quite big enough to script missions on as it's missing some more carriages.

The effect is still impressive though.

Yeah, its impressive, and "just giving my 2 cents", it could be used by scripters as part of a mini-campaign, for example, or something like that, with a story line before and/or after the small but impressive train part.

Would be really cool, if you could possibly release it as a beta or donate it to the free stuff section. Im sure some great scripters could use the trainride.

:thumbsup:

Edited by thales100

• 3 weeks later...

I've found some spare time to mod last weekend and this one and behold....Trainride might actually make it to release! :D

There will still be issues, like AI not always following correctly but at least a human player can get everywhere without a problem. Yeah, I know it sucks but it's the best I can do right now.

Although as not on a big scale as I intended, it's still big enough to do some small missions on.

I'll try to put in at least 2 custom environments, forest at day and city at night, to make the mod a bit more diverse.

Probably more info in the next 2-3 weeks.

EDIT: If someone wants to script a mission or two for it, drop me a line.

Edited by deleyt

This is definately the correct course of action, even if the mod doesn't have everything working 100% the way you intended, it would be a real shame not to release what you have achieved for the sake of a few details.

Good decision, now, let's see about getting Trainride removed from the list of "Greatest mods never released"!