"TRAINRIDE"

deleyt

I've started a new map-project called "Trainride".

I've worked out a rather new concept because on this map you'll be able to play on 2 trains parrallel with each other, while riding through a landscape.

The first tests in GR are done and the concept works, so now I'm putting together all the individual carriages and engines.

The map is categorized as very CQB, where a player can go inside and on top of the train, aswell traverse from one train to the other.

The first trainset (cargo) is near completion and renders of them can be seen below.

Both trains will be modeled from dutch models: one cargo set (NS 6400) and one passenger set (NS DD-IRM, also know as "double decker").

The map will probably be accompanied by one mission and a few MP-gametypes.

train_engine.jpg

train1.jpg

train2.jpg

train3.jpg

train4.jpg

train5.jpg

train6.jpg

train7.jpg

train8.jpg

train9.jpg

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice idea. I understand where you are coming from with this, I had an idea way back about doing something similar with a large passenger plane in flight(think: Rogue Spear's 747) where you could see clouds and landscape out the windows. If you're looking for another similar idea, I'd love to see someone do it. You might want to consider a night version of your train idea as well, just a thought. :thumbsup:

Holy ######!

Now those trains look absolutely awesome D! :blink: Know you had the ideas for this quote a while ago so it's great to see you finally dig into it.

Be an interesting map indeed for some TvT matches :thumbsup:

Fun to see those vehicle objects finally come to some use too :D

Nice idea Deleyt. Nice textured models too.

The map is categorized as very CQB, where a player can go inside and on top of the train, aswell traverse from one train to the other.

How do you go from one train to the other while riding? They ride in opposite directions. Or did you mean from wagon to wagon.

I'm making a map (railroad crossing) where there's a railway (maybe I'll see your train come by sometimes (hehe). I thought of a train (Dutch NS) moving in the background (like Biro's jetfighter (which is a door!)).

GL with the map !

you can go up slightly slanted inclines likes ladders. its sorta like walking up a very steep hill

OK i figured it would be something like that. i've seen it in the tower of death map, where you can run up the very long board on the side of the one tower to get up to the top of the building faster.

Thanks for the comments :)

I had an idea way back about doing something similar with a large passenger plane in flight where you could see clouds and landscape out the windows.

You might want to consider a night version of your train idea as well, just a thought. :thumbsup:

I've though about various means of transportation to convert and a plane can do the job just as well but with a train you got more diversity and it's easier to enlarge the game-area.

A night version will probably be done aswell. I have several skyboxes laying around that I made some time back, so those will probably be used.

Fun to see those vehicle objects finally come to some use too  :D

Yeah, I figured putting those cool vehicles of yours to good use (finally) ;)

How do you go from one train to the other while riding? They ride in opposite directions.

Both trains will be riding in the same direction and the gap between them will sporadically be bridged by things like boards, ladders, planks, etc.

How are you doing the "movment" of the train effect. Moving the Landscape using tileable RSB textures that are set to scroll animations or using dynamic objects for the Landscape animated in 3dsm??

Just that the latter may take up a lot more memory than the rsb way.