Dream Mods

callmehobbes

Here are a few of my ideas for mods I'd love to see. (I've tried and failed at modding so have decided to leave it to the experts.)

1) Danish skins/weapons for arctic, temperate and desert ops (just cos I like 'em!)

2) Some sort of assault on an oil rig with diver skins & NVG's.

3) A campaign designed for regular troops as opposed to SF. Full fire support roles with mortars and heavy machine guns, AI characters in supporting roles. I found (but never used, it looked a bit too complicated) a mod that increased the platoon size from 6 to 12. That would be ideal. This would tie in very nicely with the Falklands Mod someone mention attempting.

4) A French Army mod (just to make a change from US/UK mods). Possibly a campaign based in Africa with missions ranginging from peace keeping to assaulting rebel factions, securing embassies, rescuing ex.pats etc. I loved the French kit produced by Bajabravo in CO2.

Oh, and no more berets- nobody actually wears them in combat situations do they?

Does anyone else have their dream mods?

Cheers

Callmehobbes

3) A campaign designed for regular troops as opposed to SF. Full fire support roles with mortars and heavy machine guns, AI characters in supporting roles. I found (but never used, it looked a bit too complicated) a mod that increased the platoon size from 6 to 12. That would be ideal. This would tie in very nicely with the Falklands Mod someone mention attempting.

4) A French Army mod (just to make a change from US/UK mods). Possibly a campaign based in Africa with missions ranginging from peace keeping to assaulting rebel factions, securing embassies, rescuing ex.pats etc. I loved the French kit produced by Bajabravo in CO2.

Check out OFP ;)
Oh, and no more berets- nobody actually wears them in combat situations do they?

Does anyone else have their dream mods?

British royal marines and red devils do ;) Edited by Aries

my dream mod is a mod that mirrors real-life events like the current situation in Iraq.

a mod with new maps, desert city types. street-to-street, house-to-house type fighting.

Check out OFP,VBS-1,and Full Spectum warrior

I have OFP (1985, Red Hamer & Resistance) if OFP had the same style or better graphics than GR, I wouldnt be sitting here having this conversation. :)

as for full spec, I plan to get that as soon as its released.

got a link for VBS-1?

thnx.

I thought paras and marines wore berets on patrols where a more softly softly approach (eg. Basra) was required or when advertising the fact the boys were in town (eg. Kosovo and Sierra Leone). When in full combat I think that regulations state that helmets must be worn (though obviously some will disregard this). In Falklands conflict for example berets were worn when yomping/tabbing across the island and when marching into Port Stanley but when the fighting started it was helmets on. As for the SAS I think it's unheard of.

Further missions for OP. Frostbite? Now you're talking! I thought it was far better than Island Thunder as an expansion pack. Ah...if only...

Cheers

Callmehobbes

A few more ideas that have been floating around:

French troops retaking a small former colonial island that has been siezed by mercenaries (like Coromos )islands.

Assault on an island air defence/radar installation- New map, diver skins, access points above and below the waterline (if possible, similar to the cave access to the villa in the big Traffic Colombie map), perhaps followed by a daytime defence of the island against reinforcements until pick-up. Anyone else up for this?

I'm new to the forum and have been reading though some backdated posts. Is it true that Argyll is no longer modding? It was like a real kick in the 'nads when I read that, and then I see that Sixpence is hanging up his guns also. They are both heroes to me and it will be a shame to see them go. Again it may be a little late in the day but I would like to thank both of them for all the work they've done.

Looking good. The book I have (Illustrated guide to the worlds top naval special warfare units by Concord) shows the Danes with a variety of HK weapons including the HK53 and says that the S&W.38 detectives special is the pistol of choice for ship boarding parties. Oh and the biggest bergans (rucksacks) you can imagine strapped to their backs. I know this is SF only but hopefully it may be useful.

Cheers

Callmehobbes

ps- Getting quite excited, a dream mod I may be able to tick of the list.