I need some clarification of the interview

jammo

Q: How will reticules be modeled in the game?

Will Aimpoint, Holo, and or Reflex sights be modeled? The most prominent sight utilized by Special Forces, and all SOF during night operations is the AN/PEQ2A. This has never been featured in any game. Will this be modeled?

A: All of the weapons are modeled in the most modern way, with current red dot, holo sights, and other attachments on the rifles.

My question is what is holo and red dot? Also, what is a reflex sight? Does this mean we will see a different reticule when these are in use? If so, what will it look like? When he says "other attachments on the rifles" does this mean we will be able to pick our attatchments?

What are some of the other possible attatchments?

reflex_info.jpg

Trijicon Reflex 2, an open sight where the red dot is projected onto a piece of glass to make it look like the dot is floating in mid air if you shoot with both eyes open.

I guess Holo sights are a brand or maybe another name for reflex sights.

Red dot aims are like aimpoint etc, you have a tube with optics and a laser creating a red dot.

Edited by simulacra

Oh yea, cant understand how I forgot about EOtech.

The aimpoints I know about since I have a CompM2 myself, the 7000 is designed for hunters rather than military apps since they're not complaint with NV-gear...

Edited by simulacra

On the subject of red-dots, I wonder if there will be lasers.... For aiming I mean so if you lookat a person you see this dot on their head or something....

Yeah, like Global Operations' or Pandora Tomorrow's. That would be cool!

Does this mean we will see a different reticule when these are in use? If so, what will it look like? When he says "other attachments on the rifles" does this mean we will be able to pick our attatchments?
I really hope the reticule of the PC version would be based on the sights/scopes. Up till now, I haven't seen/read anything that says that will happen though. I also hope we'll be able to choose our attachments with detail, but this probably will not be (in fact, it usually is not :angry:) the case.

so the only view options are:

FPV: first person view (GR1)

OTSL: over the shoulder look (GR2)

so no FPWV (first person weapon view) like RVS right?

from what i saw there are 3 views

1 FPV - reticule in centre of whole screen

2 FPV zoomed - if you zoom in you change to a proper sight picture (similar to current sniper view but with better eye candy scope look.

3 OTS - as seen in game video releases, if you zoom in OTS you revert to FPV Zoom.

all clear? :thumbsup:

The Trijicon reflex is the best "red dot" type of sight out there (in it's class). It doesn't need batteries, the dot glows at night and there is a fiber optic lens that makes the dot brighter depending on how bright the sunlight is.

I have one and it's fantastic, and it's accurate out to 200 meters.