If GR2 does suck, what will we play?

Sup

If the game turns out terrible, as many of us fear, what will this community do? Are we going to mod for another game, and make our own GR2? Or are we all going to go play BIA? I'm not decided, yet.

What would you do?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This quote:

Producer Robbie Edwards emphasizes that GR2 has purposely been designed ground-up as a console game.

Put the last nail in the coffin for me. I will not buy Ghost Recon 2, and I will not buy any Red Storm products in the future. They can keep their chump-console game. I don't care if GR2 turns out to be a great game. Red Storm has betrayed PC gamers, the very people that kept them in business in the first place. Red Storm has lost a fan.

Edited by Parabellum

lol PARA send them a virus that will teach them not to betray PC gamers GR2 looked ok i saw the console graphics and they were good but red storm can now go to hell

my backup is MechWarrior 4 and higher

lol PARA send them a virus that will teach them not to betray PC gamers GR2 looked ok i saw the console graphics and they were good but red storm can now go to hell

my backup is MechWarrior 4 and higher

No, a better lesson is to withhold my hard-earned money. Besides, I can't go breaking the law, now, can I?

I think GR2 will be another good game. Every game I have ever played wasn't completely what I wanted but I don't let that take away from enjoyment. I bought Far Cry even though I heard negative comments. Far Cry was cool in single player but mp couldn't hit guys, so I returned the game EB games. EB games took game back and in return I got Joint Operation. The idea is good keep it bad return it and wait for next game that will spend hours playing.

You guys are chumps waiting for GR2.

And amen to whoever said theyw ould enevr buy any mor Redstorm products. Been saying that for the last year or two. I wont break that either. Unless like GR2 will be better then [OFP: DR] and thats laughable. I have respect for Redstorms talents but not for them as people. They have no love for their product. They do it to make a living.

Which is sad because if I was the creator of GHost Recon I would of stuck with it and constantly improved on it as much I could. They look at is as making money and ###### if I care. Which is evident on why they released 2 expansion packs (DS and IT) and then Xbox blew up. So now they said screw PC and they develop on the Xbox.

The PC game is what put them on the map. Theres no love for the product. ###### em. Theyll live without my meager software purchase copy for GR2.

Let me put it this way...I'm disappointed GR2 is being primarily designed for XBOX....but IMO don't blame RSE...blame the people pulling the strings and the people signing the paychecks...coughUBIcough.

Which is sad because if I was the creator of GHost Recon I would of stuck with it and constantly improved on it as much I could. They look at is as making money and ###### if I care. Which is evident on why they released 2 expansion packs (DS and IT) and then Xbox blew up. So now they said screw PC and they develop on the Xbox.

PC Titles: GR PC, Desert Siege, Island Thunder, GR Gold pack, GR Platinum Pack. Total number of sales combined: ~500,000 units over the course of 3(?) years.

Xbox titles: GR Xbox, Island thunder:

Total number of sales combined: 1.2 million units over the course of 1.5 years.

You can imagine the numbers for PS2..

I would say that there has been PLENTY of attention given to the PC. But in the end, gaming is a business. People need to eat and live and business decisions need to be made to better the company. If the success of your company was determined by choosing between satisfying your small, niche market or selling to a market you know will definitely keep you afloat, which would you choose? If you went with the former, you'd make people happy, but you'd go out of business because you fail to turn a profit and would be forgotten in time. If you go with the latter, you'd survive long enough to make both the niche market AND the bigger market happy.

This makes perfect business sense. If it doesn't to you, then it's probably best that you play the games instead of making them.

Edited by The_Edge