• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

look again mate ;)

There's a normal mag for the rifle portion of the weapon in the "box" infront of the pistol grip (10mm caseless if I remember the movie right) and the GL portion was loaded from underneath I think, like your standard shotgun (could be because the GL part were based on a SPAS 12 shotty). Would have to watch the movie again to confirm that fully though.

If you look close at the gun you can faintly see that they have used a second weapon apart from the SPAS 12 when they made the movie props, reciever part acctually comes from the old Thompson SMG.

In depth description with lots of pics of how it was made!

Snow

Yeah, I was definitely seeing the SPAS12 in the design, but until you mentioned it, I didn't see the M1 SMG in it, though I should've noticed from the pistol grip shape and angle. And now it becomes so obvious! lol :stupid:

Edited by WP33

That's dead on, Snow...in fact, the movie prop team made only one "pulse rifle" that was fully operational, meaning that both SPAS part and Tommy gun part were operational. All other rifles had a non-working prop mounted under the barrel.

The M41 clip had to be shortened somewhat, so the mag capacity was something like 20-25rd. Still, somehow they made it completely beleveable in the movie! LOL

Interesting story goes on, as that only fully operational pulse rifle was painted black and used once more in the ending scenes of Alien3 (remember the Weiland-Yutani merc knee-capping the convict operating the hoist?)

Anyway, if you feel up to it, I'd be happy to continue with the mod. I already have a prety good beta of "alien" character, I'd be happy to send you the max.file for further tuning up. And remember the M577 APC?

It's also done and working in the game...so all we need is a few colonial marine characters and at least one map.

Who knows..maybe we could talk AUS_Viper to script a mission or two for the mod...I know for a fact that this is the one GR mod he'd personaly liked to finish.

Think about it and let me know!

God are you putting me in a tight spot here mate...LOL

As I said...if it wasn't for SWEBAT Id' be all over it without any hesitation what so ever, unfortunately SWEBAT will have to come first though. Atleast untill I have finished off all the models still to be made that is...and that's surprisingly few to tell the truth. After they are done I wouldn't mind getting into something like this though, I've always loved the movies! All we's have to do then is find a map modder, I could probably make the meshes and textures but I have no insight at all into the nitty gritty of mapmaking.

Only problem I can see with it is the demise that atleast 2 other Alien mods (for different engines) has suffered through C&D orders (Cease and Decist) from the copyright holder of Aliens. Not something I would want falling on a GR project!

Snow

well, I was just about to say "F'it...I'm in! Sleep is for the weak!" :yes: I'll knuckle down and try to create some Colonial Marines in the few moments of spare time that I get my hands on. Now all we need is a scripter and mapmaker to get this show properly on the road again.

and on a side note....the wife is going to kill me for this...LOL :blush:

well, I was just about to say "F'it...I'm in! Sleep is for the weak!"  :yes: I'll knuckle down and try to create some Colonial Marines in the few moments of spare time that I get my hands on. Now all we need is a scripter and mapmaker to get this show properly on the road again.

and on a side note....the wife is going to kill me for this...LOL  :blush:

Just remind her that Santa Claus is coming soon and he doesn't appreciate whining ^_-