DYNACOMP

F'n New Guy

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever it is, it going to take A LOT OF TIME D/L it on 56k, such as myself.

So.

Who do we send in blank DVD-Rs? Yes, DVD-Rs, coz it seems like DYNACOMP will take more than couple CD-Rs. Am I right?

So if you ppl with broadband who could help the little ppl, we would greatly appreciate it.

I'd give you my left nut, but I need it for the weekends :blink:

:rofl:

Thanks Para for the update.

The bulk of the mod is actually our campaign(s). It shouldn't be too big of a download.

ROFL! The old Tube Screamer is still the king of footpedals!

I beg to differ...the Old Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi is the reigning king...but I would never poison my Marshall's tubes with that of a distortion pedal. :P

I actually dont even used effects pedals anymore except for an occasional Dunlop wah for solos.

ROFL!  The old Tube Screamer is still the king of footpedals!

I beg to differ...the Old Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi is the reigning king...but I would never poison my Marshall's tubes with that of a distortion pedal. :P

I actually dont even used effects pedals anymore except for an occasional Dunlop wah for solos.

Is the Big Muff still shipping in that big wooden box?

ROFL!  The old Tube Screamer is still the king of footpedals!

Is the Big Muff still shipping in that big wooden box?

the one that I got did...straight from Russia. They have "americanized" the model since I got mine though, so im unsure about them now. Great pedal...I should pull it back out.

We're doing are best to keep the mod at a reasonably size for everyone. With the mods that have been coming out lately it is hard to find a good one that is reasonable size for everyone. Dynacomp should be a decent size. But I doubt the final product will be 200 MB. Probably no where near that.

After a long period of silence, I''ve finally been able to get my head out of Max (and out of my studies) long enough to post an update. :) First, the eye candy. Over the past few weeks, I've given my weapon models/textures a complete overhaul. My goal with this current set of weapons is to produce the best models/textures ever seen in GR, with the possible exception of Earl's work (since Earl is the king). Anyway, here's the M4 Carbine (click thumbnail for larger image)

m4a1_thumb.jpg

m4a1_03_thumb.jpg

Here's the M16A2:

m16a2_thumb.jpg

And the M4 SOPMOD:

m4sopmod_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------

Also in today's update, a bit more information about the mod project for you. :) We've been keeping alot of the details of the mod under wraps for about six months now, and I think we're at a point where we can start to reveal some more information about the mod.

DYNACOMP takes place in... well... over a period of years. The back story of the mod begins in 2003, with the actual combat phase of the mod beginning in 2010, and continuing through 2013. Rather than build a campaign, and then come up with a back story to help support our campaign, we've done the opposite with DYNACOMP. I wrote a lengthy story and history of a series of events, and then we fashioned a number of missions from that story. As such, it will be important to follow along with us, so that you don't get lost in what's going on.

The center piece of DYNACOMP is our non-linear campaign. That's right, a non-linear campaign. The choices you make in each mission directly affect the order of the missions for you. In certain instances, your choices may exclude entire missions for you; you'll skip over them and not even know that such a mission existed. Depending on how well you perform in each mission, you may or may not be offered the opportunity to go to advanced schools, such as Ranger School, SFAS, etc. Cheating your way through the missions is not an option; you'll have to do things our way, if you want to get to the good stuff (and we all know that you do) :)

We've also completely overhauled the operative/kit selection process. Without revealing any proprietary details just yet, let me tell you that you will no longer have to wade through hundreds of kits to find what you want. Instead, you will be able to choose from a pool of weapons and equipment, and create your own kits, which will be built on the fly for you. :)

----------

Now, for what is, arguably, the most important part of this post. You've all read us make statements such as "You have to think outside the box." And now it's time for you to find out what we mean by that. DYNACOMP will not be based solely on the GR engine. Some of the missions will actually require you to do things outside Ghost Recon. You may be required to take an intel photo (screenshot) of a something in-game, and then go to our site (which will be up in the coming weeks) to find out additional information, using the clues you already have, in order to process farther into the missions. You may also have the opportunity to find out bits of information that are very well hidden, which, though they may not seem to help you right at the moment, will certainly further the game for you in the long run.

----------

You may be sitting there thinking, "Why are they revealing all this now? Is the mod ready for release?" The answer is, no, the mod is not ready for release. But, I've discussed the issue with several leading members of the GR community, and we've all agreed that the best thing to do, would be to get the entire GR community together for this mod. DYNACOMP is, in essence, one big game, played both inside the GR engine, and outside the GR engine. It will be more fun for all of us, if we all play together. :) Get ready for a ride, ladies and gents. :)

EDIT

The DYNACOMP team is looking for any number of mappers to help us complete the mod. If you're experienced, talented, committed, and available, then PM me here at the forums, or e-mail me.

PARA DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too bad GR isnt working right now :kewlpics: :'(

So is DYNACOMP going to be in the RSE tradition of Spec.Ops or more of an Army experience? I hope for the latter

DYNACOMP will encompass the entire Army experience, from Basic Training, right on up to... well... you'll just have to do your best and see how far you get.

DYNACOMP will encompass the entire Army experience, from Basic Training, right on up to... well... you'll just have to do your best and see how far you get.

Heres a question: Can the campaign be completed?

Yes, the campaign can be completed. But the end of the campaign, as well as the missions and the order in which they are played, will vary, depending on what you do during the campaign.

Let me give you an example. We are going to offer players the chance to go to SFAS, and try out for Special Forces. However, the player will not arbitrarily be given that opportunity; they will have to earn the priviledge to try out, and they may or may not make the cut. So, if you don't get to play the Special Forces missions, the campaign will end for you, but there will, in reality, be alot of material that you don't get to see. And a word of wisdom: using console cheats will not automatically help you to get far enough to earn a trip to SFAS and/or the Special Forces missions. You will truly have to earn the priviledge of playing the missions, if you want to go that far.

Cant wait to spend time in GR trimming hedges, mowing lawns, washing dishes, and scrubbing everything with green pads. Thats a big part of Basic Training. Not to mention the weekly haircut and getting to spend your hard earned money at the shoppette buying vitamin C cough drops. :P

Looking good though :thumbsup:

Cant wait to spend time in GR trimming hedges, mowing lawns, washing dishes, and scrubbing everything with green pads. Thats a big part of Basic Training. Not to mention the weekly haircut and getting to spend your hard earned money at the shoppette buying vitamin C cough drops. :P

Looking good though :thumbsup:

If we could simulate KP duty or 'mind and body conditioning', I'd toss some of it in there just for you, Sleeper.

I have being following this mod that closel...bah...anyways..i'll get to the point...is there gonna be multiplayer in this mod? like co-op?

From what I have heard, I don't think coop is an option - you are thinking too much along traditional lines, this is not like a traditional GR mod.