Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /cluster/004/vclusters/745w7e/sites/745w7e.vc.c4.catncloud.com/http/forums/admin/sources/classes/useragents/userAgentFunctions.php on line 841 Clear Hud 1.2 - GR:AW - General Mod Topics - Ghost Recon.net Forums

Ghost Recon Future Soldier

Photo

Clear Hud 1.2

39 replies to this topic

#1 Fiddlestx

Fiddlestx

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

Created by Shadow=ASP=

You guys should check this out. It's similar to The Graw community Mod, but it removes a bit more, and shifts things around a bit. Worth a look.

http://www.simhq.com...c;f=75;t=000494

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 silent_op

silent_op

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:25 PM

This is even cleaner than before. There were quite a few of us who were wondering how to remove the blue corner borders. I'm going to try it out right now.

silent_op
Posted Image
www.phoenixsoldiers.com
"United, we stand. Divided, we play SP with Ghost AI, headset and a dead mic..."

#3 rookie

rookie

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:08 PM

I just love them, especially the fact the crosshair is removed. Beautiful. Thanks for the link(And the modder of course if he drops by). :P

Posted Image

#4 Colin

Colin

Ghost - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for that.
I am wondering if the latest udate will affect this mod ?? in June.

I would imagine to remove prior to update or not.??
Posted Image

#5 tilliboy

tilliboy

Recruit - 1st Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:22 PM

:) Thanks a lot !It looks great.

#6 silent_op

silent_op

Pointman - 2nd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

I've been testing this mod out with only a few of the xml files (just customizing to my likes). Everything worked without any problems. Finally the HUD is starting to look like it should have from the beginning. Thank you Shadow=ASP=.

One thing that I would like to do is change the reticle. I'd like to keep it, but alter it a bit. I was talking with Jay316 and he came up with the suggestion of just keeping the "pips". Then I thought about keeping the pips and the inner "Y" shape of the reticle. I'm going to see if I can find and change the reticle graphic.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op, 05 June 2006 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image
www.phoenixsoldiers.com
"United, we stand. Divided, we play SP with Ghost AI, headset and a dead mic..."

#7 Shadow_ASP

Shadow_ASP

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:28 PM

I'm happy you guys like my mini HUD-mod. Thanks :)
For those wondering about the 4 corner bars, to make them disappear you set their scale size=0 in each of the 4 frame_xx files.
I have a v1.3 allmost ready for release. Nothing major, just a few minor HUD changes plus a few corrections to the 92FS and G18 (and I need to ask DIGITALY -TC- for his/her permission to include the blood-mod).
Posted Image

#8 Toniezz

Toniezz

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:05 PM

wow that HUD really looks awesome! GJ Shadow=ASP= and thanx Fiddlestx for posting! Nice going on that reticule Si_Op! Really need to hurry up my upgrade!

#9 Poita

Poita

Pointman - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:18 PM

i can't tell you how good it is, after allllll the pre release HUD apprehension, to see that a sollution exists.

This looks great, very nice and clean. I would like a simple ret and also the team mates three stat bars moved tot he right and placed above the posture indicator.

Great job Shadow.

Keep it up modders, we are getting there, right?

#10 Danish1705

Danish1705

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:26 AM

Nice MOD buddy, this is my first try and it is great. Everything is much more clearer and nicer. How to uninstall back the mod?

Can anyone guide me to the post where someone said they can alter some files and make the bodies of the enemy still appear after being shot down?
[MY]Camo_Suit

ATHLON X2 64bit 6000+ 3.0Ghz, Asus M2A-VM/HDMI, Kingston PC-6400 DDR2-800, MSI NX8800GT, ICUTE ATX 430W, HDD Western Digital 500Gb and Samsung DVD read/write.

#11 Danish1705

Danish1705

Scout - 3rd Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:31 AM

Shadow=ASP= can you make a small dot instead of the default GRAW reticule?
[MY]Camo_Suit

ATHLON X2 64bit 6000+ 3.0Ghz, Asus M2A-VM/HDMI, Kingston PC-6400 DDR2-800, MSI NX8800GT, ICUTE ATX 430W, HDD Western Digital 500Gb and Samsung DVD read/write.

#12 WDA_CaM

WDA_CaM

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:49 AM

Nice work, but as a real orig GR fanatic, how about putting the crosshairs back and getting rid of the GD gun!

Thats the mod I would like to see!

#13 insane snyper

insane snyper

Scout - 1st Class

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:24 AM

Thanks for that.
I am wondering if the latest udate will affect this mod ?? in June.

I would imagine to remove prior to update or not.??

As far as I can tell the last two patches have taken priority over anything in the Data folder. Not sure about the language folder thing as I havent tried it yet.....

If you want to eliminate issues, just use nemon's extracter to extract patch.bundle (found in the same folder as the original bundle), rename patch.bundle, then paste the extracted contents into the GRAW root folder such that they overwrite any of it's contents that they effect. Anything you have been doing in one of the effected .xmls (if it is stored in Data) will have to be redone, but anything in the language folders should still be good.

The june patch(es) are seemingly going to be somewhat further reaching than the previous ones though, so I'm not sure if this will work with it/them.

-1GB RAM
-Athlon64 3800+ X2
-eVGA GeForce 6800GS (256mb) <--- Powering my 15" Monitor @ 1024x768
GRAW ~ 31fps all ingame settings maxed

-=DoWc=- CrazySnyper

<var name="ass_sliding" type="boolean" default="false"/>

#14 caprera

caprera

Recruit - 2nd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

I don't like it.... One thing good from this game was the hud simulating the screen these soldiers have under the helmet.
Posted Image

#15 Shadow_ASP

Shadow_ASP

Recruit - 3rd Class

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:21 AM

Again, thanks for the overwhelming compliments :)
At first, I experimented with only the pips as crosshair (by accident btw). I did'nt think it looked right. After alot of experimenting I was finally able to remove the crosshair altogether and I dont really feel like going through that process again. If someone is making that kind of crosshair mod, then all you need is their modified crosshair_xxxx.xml files.
I'm not sure where the weapon rendering is controlled so I would'nt know where to look to turn off the fps weapon-view. Why would you want it off anyway? Its one of the things I think GR1 sorely lacked.
My goal for this HUD-mod (which is turning into a realism-mod) is to keep thing as real as possible. Next update will have weapon tweaks and fixes based on my personal experience with my own guns.

Edited by Shadow_ASP, 08 June 2006 - 09:22 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users