Clear Hud 1.2

I've been testing this mod out with only a few of the xml files (just customizing to my likes). Everything worked without any problems. Finally the HUD is starting to look like it should have from the beginning. Thank you Shadow=ASP=.

One thing that I would like to do is change the reticle. I'd like to keep it, but alter it a bit. I was talking with Jay316 and he came up with the suggestion of just keeping the "pips". Then I thought about keeping the pips and the inner "Y" shape of the reticle. I'm going to see if I can find and change the reticle graphic.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

I'm happy you guys like my mini HUD-mod. Thanks :)

For those wondering about the 4 corner bars, to make them disappear you set their scale size=0 in each of the 4 frame_xx files.

I have a v1.3 allmost ready for release. Nothing major, just a few minor HUD changes plus a few corrections to the 92FS and G18 (and I need to ask DIGITALY -TC- for his/her permission to include the blood-mod).

i can't tell you how good it is, after allllll the pre release HUD apprehension, to see that a sollution exists.

This looks great, very nice and clean. I would like a simple ret and also the team mates three stat bars moved tot he right and placed above the posture indicator.

Great job Shadow.

Keep it up modders, we are getting there, right?

Nice MOD buddy, this is my first try and it is great. Everything is much more clearer and nicer. How to uninstall back the mod?

Can anyone guide me to the post where someone said they can alter some files and make the bodies of the enemy still appear after being shot down?

Thanks for that.

I am wondering if the latest udate will affect this mod ?? in June.

I would imagine to remove prior to update or not.??

As far as I can tell the last two patches have taken priority over anything in the Data folder. Not sure about the language folder thing as I havent tried it yet.....

If you want to eliminate issues, just use nemon's extracter to extract patch.bundle (found in the same folder as the original bundle), rename patch.bundle, then paste the extracted contents into the GRAW root folder such that they overwrite any of it's contents that they effect. Anything you have been doing in one of the effected .xmls (if it is stored in Data) will have to be redone, but anything in the language folders should still be good.

The june patch(es) are seemingly going to be somewhat further reaching than the previous ones though, so I'm not sure if this will work with it/them.

Again, thanks for the overwhelming compliments :)

At first, I experimented with only the pips as crosshair (by accident btw). I did'nt think it looked right. After alot of experimenting I was finally able to remove the crosshair altogether and I dont really feel like going through that process again. If someone is making that kind of crosshair mod, then all you need is their modified crosshair_xxxx.xml files.

I'm not sure where the weapon rendering is controlled so I would'nt know where to look to turn off the fps weapon-view. Why would you want it off anyway? Its one of the things I think GR1 sorely lacked.

My goal for this HUD-mod (which is turning into a realism-mod) is to keep thing as real as possible. Next update will have weapon tweaks and fixes based on my personal experience with my own guns.

Edited by Shadow_ASP

Very handsome HUD and a great improvement over the default! The only thing I'd wish for is to remove the ridiculous anamorphic distortion that's supposed to make it look like the HUD is projected on some manner of absurdly curved monicule... The fact is you dont see any distortion of this kind on systems like Nomad, and a couple players complain the distortion makes them nausious... A flat HUD sans anamorphic distoritons but with Shadow_ASP's layout and color scheme with a tiny compass that only displays the number or letters of the cardinal direction your facing would be perfect...

Nice work Shadow_ASP!

This is the best yet for a clean HUD! But I'd suggest that you include the pips and a center dot for firing "from the hip".

When I played the R6:Letdown demo (for all of 15 minutes) on the Hard difficulty there was no reticle for "hip shooting". I couldn't hit the side of a barn and there was no way to tell where the bullets were going. In that situation, hip shooting was useless. Alot of games use 4 pips and a center dot and it looks very nice.

If there's no reticle for hip firing, I can guarantee you I won't use it - not to take away from your excellent work - I'm just being honest.

If there's no reticle for hip firing, I can guarantee you I won't use it - not to take away from your excellent work - I'm just being honest.

If you remove the files called crosshair_scar.xml and crosshair_saw.xml from the gui-folder you still have everything else but with stock crosshairs :)

I won't be adding any kind of crosshairs back into it because I feel its more real this way. It also makes me apreciate regular ironsights instead of always going with a scope all the time.

As for not being able to hit the broadside of a barn this way, that is quite close to how it really works in real life.

The only thing I'd wish for is to remove the ridiculous anamorphic distortion that's supposed to make it look like the HUD is projected on some manner of absurdly curved monicule.

I've been trying to find where this is defined but no luck so far. It is on my list to do if I can find it.

I will also see what I can do to disable the distortion-filter when you are close to a jammer and not using the NVgoggles too (I've never heard of a jammer that can interfere with the human eye. Not 100% sure on the NVG though).

Thanks for letting me include your blood-mod, DiGiTALY -TC- :)

Edited by Shadow_ASP

I won't be adding any kind of crosshairs back into it because I feel its more real this way. It also makes me apreciate regular ironsights instead of always going with a scope all the time.

As for not being able to hit the broadside of a barn this way, that is quite close to how it really works in real life.

Sounds good, Shadow. Thanks for the .xml tip.

Anyway to remove the first person weapon? and just keep the rets?

I like seeing these mods... I'm still learning things about the XML files myself, being that I'm learning how to create XML websites and such...

I'm so not ready to mod this game yet... Afraid to screw something up...

But, here's something that goes exactly along with this whole thing...

1.) Reducing the size of the chat window top-center.

2.) Better transparency on HUD items

3.) Smaller HUD Items

4.) Aimpoint/Crosshair transparency increased

5.) Transparency on friendlies diamonds and the removal of enemy diamonds completely.

I like everything else the community mod has, but with a tad better elements to reduce the screen invasiveness of HUD Items.

This is what I would like to see... Might even require to rework some of the graphics for it to happen?

Anyway to remove the first person weapon? and just keep the rets?

I'm a little confused why would you want to take away the realistic aspects of the game while adding back in ridiculously unrealistic aspects that Shadow is working so hard to take out... :huh:

One thing any HUD that gives up the reticule (something I'm 100% for) is a way-pointing reticule... Granted you can raise your weapon to use the sights or scope to get a precise way-point when moving and manuvering your squad, but this is kind of the anti-thesis of good squad control where you need all your peripherial vision and precise way-pointing.

As it's not possible to 'tell' your squad percisely where to go, a way-pointing reticule is a valid feature; is there any way to toggle on a pointer when you're moving your squad with the 'move' command? Perhaps one way to 'hack' such a reticule in would be to make a huge texture that was part of the 'move' command -- where just the command highlight and a pointer were visible when you selected that command?

:blink:

Edited by Waika

I dont think there is a way to add such a feature with only XML editing.

If you feel going to scope/ironsights takes too long you could use the top center of the order-menu to guide you. The center of the top cell ("move") is where the crosshair used to be I believe.

I'm so not ready to mod this game yet... Afraid to screw something up...

Basicly every change except the final change has been a screw-up on my end ;)

1.) Reducing the size of the chat window top-center.

2.) Better transparency on HUD items

3.) Smaller HUD Items

4.) Aimpoint/Crosshair transparency increased

5.) Transparency on friendlies diamonds and the removal of enemy diamonds completely.

1: Chatwindow is invisible in my mod.

2: Good idea, I'll experiment with it.

3: I dont think they are intruding that much with the colour I've selected.

4: Are you talking about the red-dot scope or the blue crosshair? Crosshairs gone in my mod.

5: Is removing all of them except the orange highlighted member-icon okay? See my humble mod.