What are my chances of running GRAW?

So right now I'm using this PC from work. I'm not building a new pc until early next year probably.

Dell, Intel Xeon 3.2 GHZ, 1.5 GHZ ram, FireGL V3100

It runs the FEAR demo on medium but not such a great framerate. However it runs HalfLife 2 smooth as butter with everything on high, af 8x and the res bumped up fairly high.

Anyway, I know HL2 is optimized very well and GRAW PC isn't even out yet but I'm hoping to play GRAW pc with medium setting.

So what do ya think my chances are? :blink:

Otherwise I'll have to buy a new gpu and I just don't want to do that for a PC I'll be giving back to my work.

Thanks guys. :)

So right now I'm using this PC from work.  I'm not building a new pc until early next year probably. 

Dell, Intel Xeon 3.2 GHZ, 1.5 GHZ ram, FireGL V3100

It runs the FEAR demo on medium but not such a great framerate.  However it runs HalfLife 2 smooth as butter with everything on high, af 8x and the res bumped up fairly high.

Anyway, I know HL2 is optimized very well and GRAW PC isn't even out yet but I'm hoping to play GRAW pc with medium setting. 

So what do ya think my chances are?  :blink:

Otherwise I'll have to buy a new gpu and I just don't want to do that for a PC I'll be giving back to my work.

Thanks guys.  :)

All the CPU and RAM are fine but the GPU I don't know. Does it support Shader 2.0? HL2 is quite old so that is not such a good ref....

I think it is very difficult for the developers to answer if everybody asks if their pcs will run Graw or not. Many have asked before.

Fear is one of the most taxing games out there which most of us have played ( many of us have not yet played Oblivion ). A comparison with Fear, stating whether Graw is more/equally/less taxing on the pc than Fear, will perhaps give an idea to most people out here, how well they can run Graw.

says SMARTSHADER 2.0 on this site.

Here

This other site says.

"SmartShader 2.1

Is the second generation of cinematic shader technology from ATI, allowing users to experience complex, movie-quality effects in next-generation 3D games and applications. Key features include:

Full support for Microsoft DirectX 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel shaders in hardware

2.0 Vertex Shaders support vertex programs up to 65,280 instructions with flow control (loops, branches & subroutines)

2.0 Pixel Shaders support up to 16 textures per rendering pass with gamma correction

New F-buffer technology supports fragment shader programs of unlimited length

High dimension floating point textures

128-bit, 64-bit & 32-bit per pixel floating point color formats

Multiple render targets

Shadow volume rendering acceleration

Complete feature set also supported in OpenGL via extensions"

I think it is very difficult for the developers to answer if everybody asks if their pcs will run Graw or not. Many have asked before.

Fear is one of the most taxing games out there which most of us have played ( many of us have not yet played Oblivion ). A comparison with Fear, stating whether Graw is more/equally/less taxing on the pc than Fear, will perhaps give an idea to most people out here, how well they can run Graw.

I know no one can give me a solid answer. I just wanted an opinion from some of you hardware guys based on what you have seen to this point. That's all. :thumbsup:

I know no one can give me a solid answer. I just wanted an opinion from some of you hardware guys based on what you have seen to this point. That's all. :thumbsup:

It will run it then. But I've never seen it in action on a card like that so I don't know the framerate. But you got a good CPU and RAM and that matters a lot in GRAW as we max out the CPU.

It will run it then. But I've never seen it in action on a card like that so I don't know the framerate. But you got a good CPU and RAM and that matters a lot in GRAW as we max out the CPU.

Well that's good to hear. At least I know it will run. I think it's about equal to a 9800pro from what I understand. So it's not high-end in any way but hey....if it gets me by than I don't care.

Thanks a lot for the reply. Nice to see devs talking with the community. :thumbsup:

Windows needs a 'Gaming' setting...one button you can push that will reboot windows into a slimmed down mode and ONLY run what is needed for gaming...all other services and startup programs go bye bye...that would rock.

Yeah totally agree. Release the mem!

WOW!!!!!!!!! 1.5 ghz of RAM?! :shifty: Are you using a Nasa´s supercomputer?

Windows needs a 'Gaming' setting...one button you can push that will reboot windows into a slimmed down mode and ONLY run what is needed for gaming...all other services and startup programs go bye bye...that would rock.

Except for the Anti-Virus, that has to turned on.

Edited by 3rdMillhouse

After all videos i saw this week i decided do upgrade my computer before GRAW :P . Somehow i managed to find some extra cash and gain a green ligh from my Lady :rofl:

Im going to upgrade from :

Barton 2500 +

Radeon 9800 pro

1GB ram

to:

Athlon 64 3000 Venice

GeForce 7600 GT

1.26 GB ram ( i know i know ;) )

Hopefully my comp after upgrade will be enough to make GRAW look great and run smoothly. :rolleyes:

Edited by Joseph_Q

Hey mates, try this, it works brilliantly for me......TaskPower 2

Seems to be the popular "end it all" program.

Cheers!

Fresh

Edited by Freshmixture

I have..

Pentium 4, 1.2.

ATI Radeon 9200, 256mb

512 DDR Ram

I was able to run FarCry on high if I turned light and shadows down to medium, but I have my doubts about GRAW.

So my question is, more ram in my case should be enough to run GRAW on medium?

I have..

Pentium 4, 1.2.

ATI Radeon 9200, 256mb

512 DDR Ram

I was able to run FarCry on high if I turned light and shadows down to medium, but I have my doubts about GRAW.

So my question is, more ram in my case should be enough to run GRAW on medium?

Eh... :wacko: More ram, new GFX card, new CPU, and if you have money left more memory.

Look at the topic Colin just opened (on top of the forums). Its very informative :)

Drurac, install a second windows on a separate partition with dual boot, disable all unneeded services and background processes and you have your gaming windows. This is the way we did it in the good old DOS days. Boot for game and boot for work. It's not a license violation if you install your XP copy twice on one machine.

@BigOlBrain: Whats your score on 3dMark05? :)

1171 with the default settings. :huh:

I'm sorry to say m8, but i highly doubt GRAW will run on your pc :( I have a score of 5321, and i hope to play it on medium :o

I really recommend that you upgrade your gfx card. Your other components (memory and cpu) are fine :thumbsup: (even better than mine)

Edited by Reb