When Should It Take Place?

xxThunderHorse

When...

Before Scott Mitchell.

Or where...

In an alternate universe, one where Scott Mitchell does not exist.

If either of the above don't fly...

Not in some crisis that must be resolved in 72 hours or else "it's the end of the world as we know it"...

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind a prequel. Maybe a start to the Ghosts circa 1980 or so.

I was going to say the same thing. I would really like to see the start of the Ghost and be part of it again. Back to the cold war where everything you do dont make the news or you know you failed if it does! I used to love GR becuase they where GHOST, now its a future thing tring to be a one man army for a action film. Change it back to what it was or rename it Rambo would work.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind a prequel. Maybe a start to the Ghosts circa 1980 or so.

According to the novel they were formed in 1994. :blink: So you can't have a Cold War Ghost Game. I think it would be awesome to have a game where you do missions during the ENDWAR WWIII. But it is still a FPS and a Ghost Recon game. Also Scott Mitchell is a general then so you wouldn't play as him. :) I wish it still had the feel of the first Ghost Recon's Squad style. Not the later games feel of a one man Army.

Edited by Curly Gangster

I feel that Ghost Recon 4 should be situated in Somalia. The story should reflex the lack of a functioning Government and the abuse of power e.g.

Warlords are running wild again and threatening the stability of the African Union. There are atrocities committed at every level, and no one is immuned. Any attempts to elect a new president and restructure the Government are met with harsh violence. Government officals are threatened with death threats and the international communities are feeling the affects from their resources and supply ships being pirated off the African Cost for ransom.

Ghosts, this situation has gotten out of control. The Warlords have now grown exponentially and are well armed. Mogadishu has become the training grounds for terrorism. Intel shows that most of their weaponry now rival some of the world best armys. We know that this has not all been amassed from stolen arms. They are being aided, by who is the question? We suspect foul play in this one Ghost at the highest level. We're going back to Somalia gentelmen, to put an end to this reign of reckless power once and for all.

Now that would be a Ghost recon to remember, you have your Jungle missions, your coast line or river missions, and once you fine the supplier you can have another venue in the mission log other than Africa.

I would like to see missions in either of the following venues as well:

Afganistan, North Korea (again), Post Iraq, Pakistan.

• 10 months later...

I feel that Ghost Recon 4 should be situated in Somalia. The story should reflex the lack of a functioning Government and the abuse of power e.g.

Warlords are running wild again and threatening the stability of the African Union. There are atrocities committed at every level, and no one is immuned. Any attempts to elect a new president and restructure the Government are met with harsh violence. Government officals are threatened with death threats and the international communities are feeling the affects from their resources and supply ships being pirated off the African Cost for ransom.

Ghosts, this situation has gotten out of control. The Warlords have now grown exponentially and are well armed. Mogadishu has become the training grounds for terrorism. Intel shows that most of their weaponry now rival some of the world best armys. We know that this has not all been amassed from stolen arms. They are being aided, by who is the question? We suspect foul play in this one Ghost at the highest level. We're going back to Somalia gentelmen, to put an end to this reign of reckless power once and for all.

Now that would be a Ghost recon to remember, you have your Jungle missions, your coast line or river missions, and once you fine the supplier you can have another venue in the mission log other than Africa.

I would like to see missions in either of the following venues as well:

Afganistan, North Korea (again), Post Iraq, Pakistan.

This would be absolutely awesome, I think we definitely need to go back to the jungle there have been too many desert/urban environment games recently.

You need to be a writer for some of these games.

That said I think it should be done sometime around 05 or 06, use a different unit than the Ghosts this time (just because the game bears the name doesn't mean you have to use the exact same unit). The lead protaganist should be player created (face,gear, etc.)

And please God no FPS, stick to third person.

Edited by Malikstarks

There are no jungles in somali. But its a good idea. You could start in somali and use other countries to progress the story. If you are looking for corruption and illegal weapons then the DRC is a good place to use, plus its covered in jungles. Plus South Africa, Yemen and Egypt as well

Edited by BS PALADIN

• 1 month later...

There are no jungles in somali. But its a good idea. You could start in somali and use other countries to progress the story. If you are looking for corruption and illegal weapons then the DRC is a good place to use, plus its covered in jungles. Plus South Africa, Yemen and Egypt as well

+1.

Honestly, Some of us remember Desert Strike...which was essentially a "Somalia" type game. Rocky, sandy, warlords, etc. Decent enough, and very similar to [GR] (I mean, its a mission pack, but the missions were similar).

I DO NOT CARE WHERE THE GHOSTS OPERATE....just please let them be ghosts.

I'm tired of the desert and urban warfare and I long for a game that goes back to the jungles. I think if they make up some story that takes us to some places in Central or South America it would be great, just not mexico again.

I agree 100% and I am glad to hear that a lot of people on here think the same thing as me. This was one of the biggest drawback for me on the advanced warfighter games.

I wont mind it being set in the future as long as there have been no technological advancements over gr2.