Frostbite

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone just send me the sound folder with all of the unzipped wav files because I can't get the sound to work and I downloaded that new patch thing from neutron.

Get me on ICQ 41113560, quick.

Loving this Mod more and more as I play it. :D

Well its not really a mod, more of a expansion pack- well you know what I mean.

I found out when you play single player,on every map you have artic camo (well everyone has noticed it). I was just re-arranging my mods and found out if you put HX4 in higher priority then Frostbite, the camo is back to normal on their respective levels (Euro-woodland,Trop-"lite" woodland,Des-6 color).All the goodiness of FB remains-sans camo of course.

I havent gotten around to seeing if it makes any difference on MP though.

:P

I was wondering, are all the songs "homemade" and what was the song in the outro?

PM me if need be.

Well I'm going back to shooting every single tree I see (smart fools know to hide in them).

-Later

Remove madplay.exe from sound and music folder, just stick them in a temp folder outside of ghost recon folder.

just overwriting the .bat file alone will not work. go into the sounds folder and delete madplay or move it out of gr as well as madplay in the music folder within.

refer to TRC's post a couple posts ago on the previous page

I downloaded the last mp32wav bat fix from the front page link. I uninstalled and reinstalled Frosbite. I deleted the bat file in Frosbite, and put the new one in. Launch the game, wait for a minute ( I rushed it first time--it hadn't finished all it needed to do :wacko: ). I then proceeded to play mission 2 and had lovely mood music playing as well as working gun sounds. Well done Neutron/Don Miguel and anyone else involved. Now some guns are set up in effects xml where they are very quiet. I chose to set up sounds along GR lines. All non suppressed weapon sounds I changed last rolloff number to 400 and min num to 12. For suppressed, I changed last rolloff number to 30, left min set at 1. Open effects xml with notepad, edit and save. Do not run bat file from your Frosbite folder, let the launcher do it. Do a clean install and use launcher. My previous post was for the first patch release. I hope this helps.

Oops, forgot, the sound folder is 92mb, a bit much to send by email.

Edited by TRC

Techy question. My PC (new P4 64mgGEforce...) came up with a message upon loading Frostbite (from the launcher) saying i needed some sort of codec add on to run it properly.

In my frenzied eagerness to get started i clicked the "don't show this message again" - so cannot remember what is needed. :stupid:

As a result, I can't see the opening or closing video.

Anyone had the same thing - or know what add-on or plug-in i might need to resolve this?

Thanks

Edited by egobirchy

Rocky, gotta have that mood music going as well ;) . Did the castle mission late last nite--now that was a delight. Kept looking for Dracula as I made my way through the halls and rooms. Nice choice of music dev team.

Hey all I have a problem. I installed the sound patch on the fron page of Ghostrecon.net. After that my sound works ok, but now the game only opens in a small window in the middle of my screen. I went to options and the graphics are still st on 1024x768. How can I fix this problem. I even uninstalled frostbite now it wont revert back to the way it is supposed to be. Please help me. Thanx.

Edit: By the way. I have windows 2K

Edited by RR_KYSER_SOZE

I think this guy sent me a PM, but I'll answer that one here. If you use the frostbite launcher there is an option to run the game in windowed mode. use the launcher to deactivate it.

Heh I was like, "Holy Crap that song is ###### (you know what I mean) awesome!"

I thought it was a new Rammstein song.

I gotta say, the music in this EXPANSION really hits the mood of the game really well.

On Frigid Keep I got all jittery when I was going up the stairs and as I progressed the music got more intense :blink: . I thought I was walking into a trap (I didnt take sensors) since there was no TI.

On that issue, if the TI was left in the game, it would have pretty much ruined the whole point of the music to play on key moments. Kudos to you guys for leaving it out. ;)

**Off topic but somewhat on topic**

When I play online, I just hit "esc" and go to options, then "sound" ,turn off "music switch" and turn the voulme of the music down. That way I can enjoy the game and still hear everyone on Team Speak. I dont know if the whole patch thing was necessary, but if it will appease the masses- might as well throw one together.

Now you dont see UBI/RSE doing that 1 1/2 days after realease now do you? :lol:

Edited by Zantar45

;) Having problem with the mod frostbite.

IKE log reads as:

**** User's system configuration *****

CPU: GenuineIntel 1793 MHz Pentium 4

RAM: 192 MB

O/S: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.1 Service Pack 1 build 2600

Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.3.5.0(0)

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Creating a 1024x768 window at 0,0 on monitor Dell 828fi attached to SiS 650

RSDisplayMgr::CreateGameWindow: Game running on primary display Dell 828fi attached to SiS 650

HAL (sw vp): SiS 650 R5G6B5

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ike_fx_fire_type2.rsb

Unable to find ike_fx_fire_type2.tga anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file lighthalo_effect3.rsb

Unable to find lighthalo_effect3.rsb anywhere.

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SigmaTel Audio

driver is stac97na.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected

Media Player: Unable to Find Splitter Audio out PinE_FAIL

Media Player: Unable to Find Splitter Audio out PinE_FAIL

RSSoundMgrPC: Selecting sound device SigmaTel Audio

driver is stac97na.sys

RSSoundManager: EAX 2.0 Support Detected

SOUND: Cannot Find: FB0_briefing.wav

Loading map c:\program files\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\frostbite\map\radar_base\radar base.map

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ground.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file ground.rsb

Unable to find ground.rsb anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file terrain_snow_1.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file road_snow_2.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file new terr.bmp

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file new terr.rsb

Unable to find new terr.bmp anywhere.

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file 13_phone_wires_888888.tga

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file m15_redsquare_dn.bmp

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file m15_redsquare_dn.rsb

Unable to find m15_redsquare_dn.bmp anywhere.

InventoryItem: Could not load model

Whats seems to be up.... I am runing using the launcher.

Any Surgestions gretfull

;) crash report reads as:

ghostrecon caused an Access Violation in module ghostrecon.exe at 001b:00569305.

Exception handler called in Main Thread.

Error occurred at 5/24/2003 05:20:32.

C:\Program Files\Red Storm Entertainment\Ghost Recon\ghostrecon.exe, run by User.

1 processor(s), type 586.

192 MBytes physical memory.

Read from location 65006485 caused an access violation.

Registers:

EAX=0012fa10 CS=001b EIP=00569305 EFLGS=00010202

EBX=00000000 SS=0023 ESP=0012f9d8 EBP=01e25288

ECX=6500647d DS=0023 ESI=65006449 FS=003b

EDX=c57b0014 ES=0023 EDI=6500647d GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

8b 47 08 85 c0 75 08 5f 5e 32 c0 5b c2 04 00 8b

What version of Ghost Recon do you have? There isn't anything in that report that is indicating a missing file from the mod. Did you use the launcher to run the game or did you activate it in your mod menu?

thanks,

el oso

well my sounds was not working :huh::o till i read click on the mp32wav file and so i did it and sounds work wonderfully lol

also when i was just testing to see if my sounds where working i found one of the guys had the same name as me and almost the same last name without the last couple of letters lol . i mean kinda strange to see a beau in the game which is my name :D