Starship Troopers Mod

Chems

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping off at this point is hardly noble.

We should be careful not to sound ungrateful for the countless hours,days,weeks and months that modders give freely so we can enjoy our games for alot longer than the original product would have normally. Modders are under no obligation here, they do it for for the love of the game and it irks to see anyone take stick for one dropped ball when they shot and scored with countless others.

While I whole heartedly agree that modders hold the utmost respect for keeping games alive for so long, there are unfortunate circumstances like this that are simply bothersome. The simple fact that people have been praising him (including myself) for over a year only to find out our anxiosness and loyalty and patience towards Chem's work was in vain, it's difficult to cope with positively.

This might be the ravings of a slightly tired and fed up mind but I'm going to get up on my soapbox and say my 2 cents worth. Been holding it in for way to long now.

GIVE THE MAN SOME CREDITS! He's put in countless hours infront of the computer making mods, totally withough expecting anything in return but a thanks from the ppl enjoying his work. Alot of modders don't even expect that, I know I don't, but put in all this time out of their own enjoymen of the game and creating something new for it, so in a way we create all these mods for ourselves...not for the "mob". The time I spend infront of the computer making models could easily be spent in more contructive ways than pleasing the mob, could for example spend some well needed time with my wife...who is starting to get seriously tired of being a "modding widow"

That he now is moving away from modding GR is quite understandable, it's a dying game and for someone with a possible future in game development it's more or less a waste of talent to stay modding for it. You simply end up behind the times still making low detail models for a very restrictive engine when there are new, more adaptable engines out there that can take full advantage of high detail models (something that in my mind is more fun to make)

To add in to all there is atleast to me a growing trend in this forum of mostly everyone wanting stuff made for just them, there isn't a day without someone posting wanting something new....that brand new M4 with exactly these additions on it...the fact that pretty much the same M4 has been done a 1000 times before doesn't seem to matter...it just doesn't have exactly the right taclight, sight or bloody bolts holding the reciever together that XXXXXX wants it to have.

I've come to a stage when I'm almost hesitant to show off new work because I know I'll have 5 PM's waiting for me the next day asking if I can modify it slightly (add those blasted bolts or something :wacko: ) and send out as a minimod. :wall:

Ok...enough with the rants, I'm getting off the soapbox and heading back to 3dsm for another few hours of work...that probably will be totally forgotten and ignored by everyone in a few months time.

Snow

Thanks Sleeper :D

Guess pulling 8 hours straight infront of the computer (from 7am to 4pm...on my day off mind you), having way to many coffee's and smokes...plus the total lack of valium in this house :( finally made me snap. :sheep:

*walks off mumbling something about never kicking back 5 cups of coffee before 9am again :blink:

This might be the ravings of a slightly tired and fed up mind but I'm going to get up on my soapbox and say my 2 cents worth. Been holding it in for way to long now.

GIVE THE MAN SOME CREDITS! He's put in countless hours infront of the computer making mods, totally withough expecting anything in return but a thanks from the ppl enjoying his work. Alot of modders don't even expect that, I know I don't, but put in all this time out of their own enjoymen of the game and creating something new for it, so in a way we create all these mods for ourselves...not for the "mob". The time I spend infront of the computer making models could easily be spent in more contructive ways than pleasing the mob, could for example spend some well needed time with my wife...who is starting to get seriously tired of being a "modding widow"

That he now is moving away from modding GR is quite understandable, it's a dying game and for someone with a possible future in game development it's more or less a waste of talent to stay modding for it. You simply end up behind the times still making low detail models for a very restrictive engine when there are new, more adaptable engines out there that can take full advantage of high detail models (something that in my mind is more fun to make)

To add in to all there is atleast to me a growing trend in this forum of mostly everyone wanting stuff made for just them, there isn't a day without someone posting wanting something new....that brand new M4 with exactly these additions on it...the fact that pretty much the same M4 has been done a 1000 times before doesn't seem to matter...it just doesn't have exactly the right taclight, sight or bloody bolts holding the reciever together that XXXXXX wants it to have.

I've come to a stage when I'm almost hesitant to show off new work because I know I'll have 5 PM's waiting for me the next day asking if I can modify it slightly (add those blasted bolts or something  :wacko: ) and send out as a minimod.  :wall:

Ok...enough with the rants, I'm getting off the soapbox and heading back to 3dsm for another few hours of work...that probably will be totally forgotten and ignored by everyone in a few months time.

Snow

Snow, just want to thank you and the guys like Chems and Thumper, the DTD guys, et al for doing what you do. You guys make the game more fun (and of course keep it alive) for jokers like me with limited skills and patience for messing around with it. Thanks, and don't let the ###### get you down.

Edited by WP33

I've come to a stage when I'm almost hesitant to show off new work because I know I'll have 5 PM's waiting for me the next day asking if I can modify it slightly (add those blasted bolts or something  :wacko: ) and send out as a minimod.  :wall:

Snow

:clapping:

unfortunatly, it takes things like that for you lads to get the proper thanks you deserve *sigh*

I personally was always happy with the response my work got from the masses, to say I stumbled on the last fence may be an appropriate comment. But its been a hard race and the amount of mods Ive put out and contributions is unreal, just flick through the Most Anticapted mods for the last year, you will either find my name as contributor or one of my models in the pictures in everyone, thats the amount of work Ive done, and Im happy with what I received in return, the respect of my fellow gamers. Snow, Oso all the other guys out there are exactly the same.

Id have to say my disappointment is more aimed at the staff here after the way I was treated for a little joke/mistake which Im sure we wont go into because it will get me banned again. When I left here and word spread that I was finished, my hotmail account filled up with request from around the gaming communities to work on mod teams, and I knew then that all my work had not just been for your guys pleasure. And hence forth, I tell ye all to buy PC gamer next month if you live in the US cause my model is gonna be in there. :D

• 2 weeks later...

That's true Chems: you also had some stuff that was a first: bugs for this (:thumbsup:), tank you can take out with a granade, crashed chopper etc.

All the modders deserve the most respect I can offer. It may be that I'm nagging but the work being shown is truly excellent.

If RL intrudes on GR then RL must win, I'm sure even Chems needs to eat....

Thanks to all who have made a mod, and those who have just tried.

Thank you.