Kit restrictions or not? [for TRR mod]

I need to know whether ppl want kit restrictions or not for the TRR mod -

this is how it would look -

:rocket:Demo - 1 kit = 1 GL / Primary - ironsights non-SD / Pistol

:FIREdevil:Assault - 4 kits = 1 Frag / 1 Smoke / Primary - ironsights non-SD / Secondary - Pistol, MP5-Sight or MP5-SD.

:gun:Rifleman - 5 kits = Primary - Sight or SD / Secondary - SD or Sight.

:support:Support - 2 kits = Unchanged.

:snipe:Sniper - 2 kits = No M99.

It's desinged to make ppl think about the kits they choose - should increase tactics.

YES OR NO.

kwik question -

which weapon would you choose?

Weapon 1 - scar with silencer/sights/frag and smoke.

Weapon 2 - scar with ironsights and a pistol.

this is why restrictions are required, cos every man and his dog will pick weapon 1 and weapon 2 is pointless for TvT gaming.

that's why kits should be balanced.

nuff said.

kwik question -

which weapon would you choose?

Weapon 1 - scar with silencer/sights/frag and smoke.

Weapon 2 - scar with ironsights and a pistol.

this is why restrictions are required, cos every man and his dog will pick weapon 1 and weapon 2 is pointless for TvT gaming.

that's why kits should be balanced.

nuff said.

I would pick the best kit (IMO) which the server admin allows me to choose

Lightspeed, you played GR. the only weapon that didn't have explosives in the kit was the OICW/no GL, since it had the highest zoom/range out of all the AR's.

why is GRIN's setup suddenly the mother of balanced gameplay? in their own RvsA gametype higher ranked kits have sighted weapons with frags and smoke included in a kit. it's as if we're all stuck on rank 3 while playing tdm/siege/hh. kick it up a notch!

a sighted SCAR L with a single frag doesn't give you superpowers, you know... on the other hand, an optical sight, GL, and a frag all in one kit would be quite ridiculous. balance is good, but why not give everyone more choices, rather than take away from what's already in the stock kits?

tell me plz - how duz the Server Admin choose?

can they actually restrict the kits, or do u just say - dont use GL or u will get booted?

Optimally, server side setting means there should be be a server side (admin) option controling what kits are available, if it is possible to make it?

Thus, Server side settings if possible. Please

Then there will likely be a variety of servers pleasing most players and styles, precisely as it was in GR. Trying to steer all servers/players to a certain setting is imo doomed to fail. Options please. Options, flexibility and variety is the key.

No kit restrictions for me....One of the biggest complaints beside the dodgy engine in graw was that there wern`t enough kits to choose from...And now people want to restict the ones we are given ???

Madness !

The kits are already ballenced by the GRIN team that went to enough trouble to do it themselfs...limiting them would be down to just the mod makers choise of limitations and will ultimately lead to only real choice.

Peace its not possible to make it unfortunately - but after much pressure I have done my 3rd and final restriction.

there are 41 kits in original GRAW2 - i have pulled out 5 which i believe give an unfair advantage.

those are - m99 and assault kits that give u the frags plus a sighted primary with sd attached.

everything else is in.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Peace its not possible to make it unfortunately - but after much pressure I have done my 3rd and final restriction.

there are 41 kits in original GRAW2 - i have pulled out 5 which i believe give an unfair advantage.

those are - m99 and assault kits that give u the frags plus a sighted primary with sd attached.

everything else is in.

Thats still not good enough, as Peace sas options is the key to success. Find a way to let the server admins decid what they want in the game instead of you deciding for them/us. Do that and this mod have an above average possibility to be a success.

Why do people get so prissy about the m99 sniper anyway ?? If it was such an unballenced gun then surely everyone in the server would use it ? it has good points and bad points same as all the other guns.

it`s the person on the end of a gun that makes a difference and just because (you) can`t get along with a certain gun and others can then restricting that gun will restrict the mods playability for the person that you have just removed thier weapon of choice. so your mod will only be played by people that agree with your choice.

it`s your mod and your choice at the end of the day but with only a relatively small comunity playing GRAW 2 it seems folly to me to restrict the users to those that agree with your weapon layout choice. And as for laddering that means you are restricting a whole team from playing your mod if one or two prominent members of that team don`t agree with your weapon layout.

Good luck anyway with the mod and if you set it no restriction the british paras clan will host it on one fo thier servers.

Thats still not good enough, as Peace sas options is the key to success. Find a way to let the server admins decid what they want in the game instead of you deciding for them/us. Do that and this mod have an above average possibility to be a success.

so unless i give all the weapons and give the server admin the ability to pick the weapons then it will be below average?

how 'bout ###### it then - ill release a mod that noone will play, and you can mod the ####### game how u want it.

does not matter what you do for a community - still unappreciative ######. :wall:

:nono: ###### off to say the least.

how bout u just stick to the STOCK GRAW2 then and play it how u like to.

#

#

#

#

#

Moderator Edit. Do not use alternate spellings to get around the swear filter.

Edited by WhiteKnight77

so unless i give all the weapons and give the server admin the ability to pick the weapons then it will be below average?

how 'bout ###### it then - ill release a mod that noone will play, and you can mod the ###### game how u want it.

does not matter what you do for a community - still unappreciative ######. :wall:

:nono: ###### off to say the least.

how bout u just stick to the STOCK GRAW2 then and play it how u like to.

#

#

#

#

#

your call but do not ask for input if you don't want it and can't take it and behave like an adult. Or are you some 12 year old asshat with a temper?

no im a 35 year old witha temper and am ###### off by your comments that unless i put all weapons in that this mod which involved me writng the code, editing 10 existing mp maps, modding another 20 or so, producing load screens and giving up weeks of my time will only have hal a chance of success if i put all weapons in - yeh that grates me.

perhaps if u had ever tried to mod u might understand.

in my trr thread you've already stated that you think stock is always better then mods.

mate where have u been the last 5 years in ghostrecon.net?

you've got no f'n idea what you're talking about.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Your right i think half a chance may be wrong. 20-25% should be more accurat. Next time don't ask for what you don't want. And yes stock is always better than mods when it comes to accessability. EVERYBODY have the stock content and most if not all ladders prefer STOCK content before mods any day of the week. That is what i mean when i say Stock is always better than mods. I have played somewhat like 120-130 [GR] matches 100+ RvS matches and 20-30 or so GRAW1-2 matches and i think somewere around 5-6 of them have been on non stock maps. Was there anything else you managed to not understand?