[a Rant about the Team-mate AI]

CAPTIN I"M HIT!, I have to rant..

And you should be.. because you’re stupid.. I have stood their and watched the guy yell, taking enemy fire. Get up and stand right back in the same place, and get up and stand in the same place.. I’ll just stand and watch as they die slowly, just before they die… I SHOOT THEM, BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN’T BE ALLOWED TO BREED. HE’s going back to the real world, and his goanna get some.. well I’m going to get a piece of him first.. BANG BANG BANG The gene pool needs a little chlorine..

RELAODING! Why are you shooting at the FN helicopter when you have a ZUES ON YOUR BACK!!! BANG BANG BANG.. SHOOT THE HELICOPTER.. WIAT HERE IS A SLING SHOT USE THIS!.. Throw your panties at it you nacy boy!. HELO SPOTTED.. ohh well invite it over for some tea.. what ever you do don’t shoot the FN THING with the rocket.. The really sad thing is after they die.. and I have used my rocket to shoot a helo.. I cant rummage their dead body for their Zues.. that just BOILS My KOOLAIDE. I am taking 30MM rounds in the back while drooling over the guys rocket.. and spitting at the helo in the dream it might fall down.. I thought they fixed this problem after I complained about it in ghost recon 1.. I guess using the same code lines for GRAW2 would have been TOO SIMPLE easier.. Heavy artillery spotted.. Out come the straws and stipwads.. IM HIT IM HIT!! CAPTIN TAKING EnEMY FIRE.. CAPTING STOP SHOOTING IM IN YOUR LINE OF FIRE.. Euthanasia.. What else can you doo.. Your going to die because you used your rocket.. their too stupid to use theirs.. and if you live long enough to use the tactical map to tell them to attack it.. well you will probably die shortly after all of them use their rockets to kill the one helo or tank. It’s a sad affrair..

Someone please tell me why I can walk around and shoot 50 guys and think I have killed them all.. but when I tell the ghost to take one step.. they find, and get killed by the only tango I missed.. Stop eating the crayon boys, and LOOK at where you are going.. its like MOVE HERe.. UNDERSTOOD.. TAKING FIRE, CAPTIN IM HIT.. It’s a tuuf call SCOTT but the mission comes first.. I’m glad they have my back really.. and usually they are WAY BACK.. soo far back they get stuck on a rock when I tell them to advance..

Sniper in the zone.. I’m not shooting it, you shoot it captain.. OK FINE.. give me some support fire.. *DRAWS STRAWS* ok screw it.. you guys just eat your fudge cycles and daddy will make the evil bad guy go away.. BANG BANG BANG.. Captain cease fire cease fire.. Im in your path.. I KNOW I KNOW DIE DIE DIE!!!!

I’m sorry for this rant.. but I have played mission last stand 25 times.. and I CANT ###### SAVE, AND THOSE GUYS KEEP DYING LIKE ITâ€S GOING OUT OF STYLE.. #$%@$%$^ $%^%#^ Red looks really good on you.. I think its your color..

Don’t worry scott you know we will come back for.. HIM.. FINE COME BACK FOR HIM AND GIVE ME 5 other Culls to take his place.. because even though human shields are against the Geneva code.. BUT IM SITE SEEING IN MEXICO WITH JERRY’S BRIGHTES!, AND ITS LIKE THAT!!!. BANG BANG BANG.. CEASE FIRE CAPTIN! NOT TODAY MY FRIEND NOT TODAY!!!

Last RANT… WHAT DID HE SAY.. I CANT HEAR YOU.. GENERAL you want to do what to me.. blow up.. ohh that just sick.. no seriously what did he say.. ohh don’t get blown up.. General I didn’t know you cared. I see his lips moving but I cant hear what hes saying.. WHAT???!!!. let me guys your going to drop me in a foreign country with some jerry’s kids who like ot give away their position.. And if I live you will not give me a metal because I was never their.. and to help me out… You will have my men say SPEAK TO ME CAPTIN, every five fn minutes because they are too stupid not to get shot, because they talk to much.. CAN THE CHATTER! CAPTIN CAPTIN CAPTIN.. .WHAT!!!!! can i have a cookie??? BANG BANG BANG..

HELL I THOUGT WE DISUCED THE MOVIE VOLUME THING IN GRAW1 IT DOSNT WORK WHEN YOU RECORD IT LIKE THAT.. STOP FN RECORDING IT LIKE THAT.. NOOO TOO SIMPLE!! Bangs head on desk.. sort of like the graphics cards issue.. UBI PLEASE DON’T USE HIGH END GRAPHICS THAT CRASH THE COMPUTERS.. IF you doo let us turn them down or off to get it to work.. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO… too fn simple..

The loyalist at least showed more intelligence than the ghost recon goons.. they are a little smart it seems.. but hey.. I cant do every mission with them.. soo.. who cares.

End of rant..

P.S don’t get all technical and tell me my computer is screwed up.. or tell me how to fix the video and audio problems.. they work like they are programmed.. I just wanted to rant..

Captn Crayon leader of the 7th Special forces detachment.. (Hiding behind our short buss for cover. Detached from any signs of hope.)

that vid was hilarious i can't believe that kid wow, who knew Unreal Tournament caused that kind of stress, they should put a warning on the box, "Side effects include screaming, destruction of computer parts, high blood pressure, absurd swearing, maniacal laughing, weeping, and in rare cases death".

LOL, how very true, one reason why I dont play single player games with squads for very long. The Ai really doesnt match up to anything human. ;-) I also dont like the rebels, "we are holding our position", when you kill most of the bad guys then they come back with "we are moving into position".

...The really sad thing is after they die.. and I have used my rocket to shoot a helo.. I cant rummage their dead body for their Zues..
If Grin would/could add access to all of the equipment of a downed Ghost, that would be half the battle.

Short of that, If you find the AI is really as bad as you post, just park them in a safe spot, give them a cover order (so they clam up), and be an Army of One.

Beats popping a gasket.

Or learn how to tactically move your team, so sometimes stuff like this won't happen. Granted I've had an incident earlier with Brown getting popped and staying there yeah... that's grating. Overall unless the enemy is just a little too much, then yeah I'll lose one, but overall it's better than GRAW, way much better. Other than that loop ("Captain I'm hit!" as he gets pounded constantly by bullets) I saw something great today. I was doing Attack from all axes and it was just cool to watch both teammembers launch grenades into the Panhard and destroying it, was just a Kodak moment :)

There's one common thing that always gets forgotten in these game bashing rants.

Games should not be measured by what 'could be'. Sometimes what 'could be' hasn't developed yet; like 'perfect' AI.

Games should be measured by what came before, and what's improved.

Don't ###### about what you don't have.

Enjoy what you do have.

The good folks at GRIN work hard on this stuff. What have you made lately?

GRAW rocks.

Give GRIN a break.

And a thank you for a job well done.

Fanboy Flaming in 3....2....1......

Edited by MONOLITH

Fanboy Flaming in 3....2....1......

BLASTOFF!!!

While I do love the work done so far, I must say that I just can't get past the feeling that GRAW 2 doesn't feel complete. There are obvious bugs that need to be fixed (and I'm sure will be in a patch) and many features that are lacking or MIA (some of which I'm sure will appear eventually). Honestly I wish that they were given another 6 months or more to work on the game and were given permission by Ubi (or were willing) to add things that we want (like a damage model even if it's basic, or downloadable SADS, or more coop missions, or more server side options, or...or....or...). I like the game so far, but it feels so bland. The best way I heard it put was that this game is a bone without meat. Even still... :g_withgrin:

Well... I have to agree with that, but Ubisoft being Ubisoft... It's definitely what we got, and the blandness...? Maybe. Overall I feel the maps are less restrictive, and more "open" rather than the congestion that GRAW brought on (hey! It's a comparison!) with their maps. Not so much the more tactical maps, even the urban maps feel what GRAW was missing, which is why I'm starting to play GRAW2 more than GRAW, or have a better attitude. Even movement, weapons handling, seems alot better and less restrictive. I think the moaning and whining we did of GRAW they decided to do alot better. Sure there's obvious improvements (scripted language for one) so I'm with GRIN on this one too..

I dont mean to sound ungreatfull for the things they did.. It is a good game. however i reffer back to some old comments i made about ghost recon 1

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry387551

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry391751

seeing how these were my biggest pet peeves in the first game and alot of people agreed with me on the points..

I was hoping it would have changed over a year later.. lets be honest they really didnt recreate the wheel here.. they just used most of the old wheel and gave it new rims.. And if they didnt; they should of spent less time and money on re-inventing the wheel and just gave it new rims.. All they did was take 1 gave it some new missions and used MORE EYE CANDY TO MAKE IT CRASH IN MORE WAYS. most people dont have 500$ video cards soo only a very few people enjoyed the benifits while the rest of us suffered with even more crashes..

They did fix the helo spotting in the first game.. but in the second game they went back to ai morons on helo spotting. why? the code was there.. they didnt need a new wheel.. just should of used the last one.. The weapons in the last one where good and with the new ones it would of been more weapons like everyone asked for.. people came of with GREat weapons packs for the last game.. and they were public domain.. they could of used those in two.. again.. the time and money where spent on the old wheels and they where great.. The whole point of my insane rant was not that the AI was not the brightest of candles in an allready dimmly lit church.. it was.. here it is a year later pluss.. and the things which where the heart and soul of the game did not improve.. while eye candy computer crashing graphics did.. WOOPTY DOO.. so i want mind blowing graphics while im getting my mind blown out.. or do i want to live through a mission without having to restart because my crayon eating companion likes to play with with landminds.. i mena they spent all that time getting the physics crap to work.. and every one says it works better if you turn it off.. that has make someone look pretty dumb.. and not everyone can enjoy that.. so whats the point.. meanwhile everyone has to suffer with AI's who don't know what a tank is.. even though they say tank spotted.. its very sad.. or the vidoe audio issues..

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...mp;#entry387484

playing Version twoo.. hmmm same kind of issue.. strange.. who would of seen that one coming..

90% of the time you cant here the mission briefings or movies.. who cares they are not important right?

what sparked my tyraide was not that the ai are boobs.. not that i keep loosing them trying to keep crossing the bridge in the last stand.. but I COULD NOT SAVE THE after winning a few melees. and had to start all over back at the border station. SOB!!! thats just insult to injury.. Really because you want a good score.. but the ghost WOW!!

i would not want to be in combat with them.. they would get a man shot. and thats not the realism i paid 50$ for.

They call it Ghost reacon because they get shot and GHOSTED pretty easily..

You are locked on to your target.. you are pulling the trigger.. and they walk in front of you.. or you are trying not to get shot.. and they push you out into open fire.. $#%@@$%^.

You get the idea.. And no im not the german kid vs unreal tournee.. SCHNEELLLLLLL SCHNELLLL

my machine is not the best in the world.. but its a little above average.. I built it myself..

need more mem and a beter sound card.. other than that.. it should run this game fine..

But i have the same kind of propblems on my laptop also..

http://www.pro-star.com/index.cfm?mainpage...nicwid=63078600

so im thinking its more the program than the computer.

desk top below..

Time of this report: 7/30/2007, 01:49:01

Machine name: US2

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 188MB used, 2271MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.

Display Tab 1: The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Music Tab: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)

DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)

DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7600 GS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0392&SUBSYS_82021043&REV_A1

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.8391 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 2/13/2006 06:05:00, 3960064 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: No

WHQL Date Stamp: None

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 2/13/2006 06:05:00, 3642784 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-40D2-11CF-3453-08A200C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0392

SubSys ID: 0x82021043

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A

Deinterlace Caps: {212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SoundMAX HD Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_198B&SUBSYS_104381F6&REV_1002

Manufacturer ID: 65535

Product ID: 65535

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0001.4530 (English)

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 5/2/2006 02:12:06, 229376 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: AnalogDevices

HW Accel Level: Full

Cap Flags: 0xB5B

Min/Max Sample Rate: 8000, 192000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2 Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura ZoomFX: No

Sound Test Result: Not run

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

Description: SoundMAX HD Audio

Default Sound Capture: Yes

Default Voice Capture: Yes

Driver Name: ADIHdAud.sys

Driver Version: 5.10.0001.4530 (English)

Date and Size: 5/2/2006 02:12:06, 229376 bytes

Cap Flags: 0x41

Format Flags: 0xCCC

-----------

DirectMusic

-----------

DLS Path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\drivers\GM.DLS

DLS Version: 1.00.0016.0002

Acceleration: n/a

Ports: Microsoft Synthesizer, Software (Not Kernel Mode), Output, DLS, Internal, Default Port

Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal

Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth [Emulated], Hardware (Not Kernel Mode), Output, No DLS, Internal

Test Result: Not run

-------------------

DirectInput Devices

-------------------

Device Name: Mouse

Attached: 1

Controller ID: n/a

Vendor/Product ID: n/a

FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard

Controller ID: n/a

Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop® 2.20

Controller ID: 0x0

Vendor/Product ID: 0x045E, 0x00E5

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

While I understand your obvious frustrtion aurrous, it is fair to say not everybody is suffering the same issues as yourself. I played through the entire campaign and only had cause to shout at the freindly AI three times. The followed, and went where told, they even shot down a heli when I told them too. The AI may not be perfect, but for the entire campaign they did a good job for me.

Posting dxdiags is done in the tech support forum.