SERVER Problems - That are not bugs

1. You can not specify maps that are on the server, that are not in the cycle

2. You can not change the port number 16250 (game spy default) but you can switch off gamespy ranking

3. You can not have more than one map cycle

4. You can not keep 2 script cycles one for 32 player maps & one for 12 player coop maps

5. You can not get into console from lobby

6. There is no save command for saving changed values, next map uses old values ie: match points 35->100

7. You can not have a special scrim/ ladder map cycle (as point 4. and access it via console)

8. You can not restrict kits (ie disable Grenade launchers) like GRAW1 allowed

9. Screenshot to server dumps in root folder, needs a screenshot folder, so access can be given to admins via FTP to check and transfer jpg's

10. Add online server by IP?? may people have complained that some server don't list but there is no ability to add the server by i.p only by GS listing !!!

11. (inc 5.)

CONSOLE ACCESS

Join game:

You have timed out from spawning? Yes > use 5 line text box where all can see mistyped logins & commands

You are able to spwan> you can call up console> has round time finished>yes> console screen disappears

You access loadout screen> console mode> No

You access score page>console access>No

You access Death cam>console access>Yes

You access console while playing>Yes>you get killed while in console>Yes>you lose console

12. Deathcam kill confirm box access/ view when tracking/ watching players

If you admin a server ,and watch players via deathcam, in GRAW1 you could see kill confirmations, GRAW 2 the kill confirmation box is off for deathcam including when you watch as the admin.

Problem is, if someone you are watching actually kills another player via teamkill or spawn kill you have no way of seeing the confirmation.

13. players names on screenshot too small to read, need an overlay or info file tied into it.

14. If during a game like tdm the game is reloaded via server console /reload, all players now see pink diamonds of the enemy? new game :rofl:

When that map ends, your settings go back to your original xml. Only holds for the rounds in that map... with the diamonds. Also noted. During this we changed spawns. Some of the new joiners got correct amount, and some got the old amount. Was like the server was mixed up.

15. As admin you can not skip spawn in, you have to wait 45 seconds.

16.No ghost slot for admin, as a ghost slot, you should be able to switch sides to check on players, spawn killing, team killing, generally not playing, AFK etc.

#17 If you change the name of your server, the Clients favorites do not update. Instead it shows "Offline" and it has to be re-added to the favorites. This causes and issue for matching as we usually change outs to example from AttackforceZ[TDM] to AFZvsBDA TWL Match for example. Now when they look for our server they have to check the list and it makes for a good reminder as peeps from the opposing clan come on that there is a match. Instead it's lost in the list and looks like we are offline.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

viper you had the server where it wont let you spawn on one side on hh and just finshed the game so you can only start from one side on each time

Yes had that yesterday on HH but I don't know how to phrase it , not enough data on settings. But basically plays one end then starts the other end then after 5 sec in ends round and plays the next round.

viper you had the server where it wont let you spawn on one side on hh and just finshed the game so you can only start from one side on each time

Yes had that yesterday on HH but I don't know how to phrase it , not enough data on settings. But basically plays one end then starts the other end then after 5 sec in ends round and plays the next round.

You can create a new game mode without spawn or side switching. Would be unbalanced though as you really need to give both sides a go from each side for a result thats of any value as that is the only way to make it non-mapdependant.

EDIT: Or mod the existing one.

Ewww, I think we'll pass on paying for a server until some of these things are resolved.

We use to run 2 instances of GRAW1 on one box, but according to the new system, this is out of the window with alot of other things. All I wanted was to host a CO-OP server & a 32 Multi player Server on our Quad, using ports 16250 & 16251. Now it's impossible even if we are not using RANKINGS via games spy.

We only need one ranked server instance, the other is for Co-op, Practice & private scrims...what a downer :angry: We can afford to buy two online server boxes ! get real.

QUESTION

Question How did GRIN Host, several instances of GRAW Multiplayer demo several weeks ago from their offices? do they have 8 independent I.P.'s ? on eight machines ?

8. You can not restrict kits (ie disable Grenade launchers) like GRAW1 allowed

i really hope we'll get restrictions... some maps are pure sniperfests... :wall:

This can be done by overriding the mp_ranks.xml with your own without the GL kits. It will then affect DM, TDM, HH and S game modes as they use the same kit setup file.

This is part because we have no information on how to? setup some things and some things just are beyond the present time. This is one thing, for example,

.....\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, I do a search for: mp_ranks.xml but I get no results, so I assume it muse be a file I have to make, but what format,

ArrH unbundle the quick.bundle and see if that has one.

in the quick bundle

....data/levels/common

OK problem one how do I override the default?,

I guess I make a new one and place it where?

Do I make dummy folders in DATA? /levels/common or do I place it in settings ?

If only the other toys do the same...

P.S. is there a console command to disable them from live play as in GRAW1? and do a /reload to make it happen?

GRAW1 Example

From script

<disable_frag_grenade value="false"/>

<disable_grenade_launcher value="false"/>

<disable_heavy_rifle value="false"/>

<disable_light_rifle value="false"/>

<disable_smoke_grenade value="false"/>

<disable_sniper value="false"/>

Kit restriction

It possible to disable different weapons with the following commands.

From console

Disable frag grenade

Use: /set_kit_fg <true/false>

Disable grenade launcher

Use: /set_kit_gl <true/false>

Disable smoke grenades

Use: /set_kit_sg <true/false>

Disable heavy weapons

Use: /set_kit_heavy <true/false>

Disable light weapons

Use: /set_kit_light <true/false>

Disable sniper weapon

Use: /set_kit_sniper <true/false>

The secret to a great console is controllability

You can create a new game mode without spawn or side switching. Would be unbalanced though as you really need to give both sides a go from each side for a result thats of any value as that is the only way to make it non-mapdependant.

Thats the problem thou say recon starts from side A then that match is over then recon starts from side B but when they start from side B after 5 seconds or so the match stops and goes back to recon Starting from side A.

Both teams can not play from both sides no matter what the settings are.

Thats the problem thou say recon starts from side A then that match is over then recon starts from side B but when they start from side B after 5 seconds or so the match stops and goes back to recon Starting from side A.

Really? That never happened when we played it. It should be set to play even rounds I think so it should allow both teams to play on both sides.

I think BPR joker (and I if it happens again) will get the dedicated_info.xml settings for you "Wolfsong", this is what I meant, when I said I had a lack of info, I did so many changes, trying to get rid of it, that I may have. But my problem was not RVSA but while playing HamburgerHill on dedicated with some friends.

If it comes again I will make the post & if the thread has slipped a PM too.

Team 1 plays Side A , someone wins (no info)

Team 1 plays Side B , 5 seconds in, the round ends and then Team 1 plays Side A again.

Really? That never happened when we played it. It should be set to play even rounds I think so it should allow both teams to play on both sides.

This happened on the vU server when we were playing HH. Extremly annoying.

Ok coming a little closer to this problem for you,

Most noticed Hamburger Hill

When it happens, when score points are set around 200+ aside

well i just changed it to 125 points and it does the same it seems anything above 35 which is no where long enough and it all goes wrong surely this isnt right????????

Viiper,

I set the BDA server to 300, since 35 was in no way enough as Joker mentioned, and immediately the problem after the reload. However, the teams did switch but at a much slower rate.

Team 1 plays Side A , someone wins (no info)

Team 1 plays Side B , 5 seconds in, the round ends

Team 1 plays Side A again

Team 1 plays Side B , 5 seconds in, the round ends

Team 1 plays Side B

Additionally the timer in no way appears to be counting down 1 second for 1 tick. At 300 it should be 5 minutes and we had games ending just over 2 minutes in.