OK, not quite given up...M4 in progress

SnowFella

Snow, you should add the leupold 3 to 1 optic, use the reddot from the comp m, goiod sight.

by the way, awesome mod snow, great work, im sure its been stated in here already, just gotta find a way to turn those flashlights off, ad'ing your flashlight in my unit is a big no no :)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I ain't about to start porting characters....from the Xbox or any other platform! :nono:

GR:AW is what it is, like it or not...and if you don't like it well pull a finger out and acctually make something new for it. The exporter plugins has been released for months now and asfar as I know I'm the only one who's acctually released any new model content :wall:

As my modding career ended for GR I ought to of expected GR:AW modding to take the same turn once I released something. PM's and emails are flowing in about things ppl think ought to be changed, about stuff they want to see and requests to use the models in other mods...and they ain't even been released a week yet.

I half and half knew it was a bad idea to head down this road but I did it anyways. :wall:

I'm sorry to read all of this - after such a "new" start. Please don't take this all too

serious ...

I'm not in 3D Max but it wasn't hard to read in this thread that bringing this

mod to work really wasn't easy! What you have done here was in the first way

for you. :)

Edited by Keen

It's not that I don't like modding, it's a hobby of mine and if you ask my wife she'll tell you I spend all to much of my free time either at the computer working or thinking up new ideas. You'd be suprised over the amount of times I've had to hop out of bed long after the lights has been turned off just to write down some new modding ideas or possible bug fixes I've just had.

It's just very frustrating to pour hours of work into something, release it and then 99% of the time get mostly dummy spits about things that look wrong, act wrong, feel wrong and generally ain't exactly what each individual user wanted. Heck, lots of the PM's and emails I'm getting are gripes about things I've clearly stated in the readme that I can't really do anything about.

Sure I could sit down and make 50 different M4 variants with different stocks, different rail systems and so on but what would the use of that be? It would just mean you have 50 different M4's to choose from that would have now real difference apart from visual.

Plus in this situation I've clearly stated that I've released this mod early, long before I figure it to be completely finished, for the simple reason that I've run out of available free time. And still the requests for additional models keep pouring in.

And yeah, it's not an easy program to learn or get your hands on. I've been doing this a few years now and I still learn new things all the time. And btw EvilDucky...I've never really read a single modeling tutorial either. Whatever modeling skill I have has been learnt by trial and error, simply using the various tools available and seeing what works or not.

@Kiwi_Viper: A mesh that won't show up is usually a good sign that you have something messed up in your material settings. Using the SCAR H mag on the Barrett could be hard though as the M99 uses a single shell for it's magazine and the magazine alignment dummy has a somewhat funky position.

If you need help with hirarchy or materials just shoot me a PM or email and I'll see if I can help you out, it's pretty simple acctually once you get the hang of it.

@Whisper: Quite possible mate...although I'm not sure how clever that would be as most of RE currently seems to be drooling over ArmA and is likely to jump headfirst into that once it's released. Pretty much all the work I've done on the RE-package will be wasted once that happends <_<

Half and half thinking about retiring from modding alltogether and maybe offer my services to one of the RE forums regulars ;)

Half and half thinking about retiring from modding alltogether and maybe offer my services to one of the RE forums regulars ;)

This would be a great loss for the active modding scene on this board ...

Edited by Keen

Well, that's exactly what's happening Keen.

I've plain and simple had enough now, if I can't even have any control over the content that I've made then I don't see the point of me keeping this up and I'm bowing out of the GR:AW modding scene and this forum alltogether. I've been a member here for longer than most but with the way it's been going south lately I just don't see the point with sticking around any longer.

So this is my last bid, and possibly post.

For those GR:AW modders around in this forum....if you want to use the M4 and MEUSOC models that I released just a week ago they are free for all to use. Don't PM or email me about permission as I'll likely not reply, no permission is needed anymore. If you want to include me in your readme as creator of the models I'd appreciate it but if you neglect to do this it won't bother me one bit as I'm moving on.

Laters lads...it was good while it lasted

Snow

Indeed, it was good while it lasted. I'm sure a lot of folks share my sentiment that we hate to see you go out like this because some of some folks apparent lack of respect. You did a damn fine job on these models and I was hoping to see more from you (like the older stuff in your portfolio on your website, very nice work), but your decision to back down is understandable. Time to get 21 folks together for a full-auto M4 salute.....

Edited by Nutlink

Snow, thanks mate for all that you have done in GR and GRAW.

It's a pity that these Forums, which were once the last bastion of civilised behaviour have succumbed to the online malaise of the attitude crew.

Half and half thinking about retiring from modding alltogether and maybe offer my services to one of the RE forums regulars

Unfortunately, I'd say you'd be right when we actually get North American distribution, though if it doesn't do all that VBS does, then whats the point of switching? As for the other comment, he'd be foolish not to take you up on your offer. See you on the other side mate...

:thumbsup:

You do? :unsure: Be strange as this is the first time I've logged into these forums in a few weeks.

I've had great fun in the last week or so moving totally away from gameart and instead starting a highpoly project that is likely to last me months :P

bodywork4.jpg

Any guesses on what I'm making??

Snow

Nice project Snow ! :thumbsup:

Since your retirement from GRAW modding, I have been stumbling around, (blind and clueless) in MAX 8 land. Give me a year (or two) and I'll have a really nifty cube shape (or maybe a teapot!) done! >_<:rolleyes:

Of course by then, you will be designing space stations if not whole galaxies! w00t

"Carry On - carrying on!"