What Marine uniform is this?

Scubaman3D

He's Army, kinda obvious with the patch on the right shoulder. Nothing against you, but then again the US Army site mislabeled a picture of a soldier in the 101st and was labeled as some other Division.

Army.

Can't see the patch very well, but I THINK it's one I've seen before. Army crest elements in the middle of it. Wouldn't matter much as it's on his RIGHT shoulder, so it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with whatever unit he's in now. Didn't notice a patch on his helmet, nor anything much on his helmet band, so he's likely NOT in 3rd or 4th Infantry Division. No Parachutists straps on the helmet either, so not 82nd.

The pistol is indeed an M9, but the holster is NOT issued. Interesting.

VERY interesting, seeing as how my battalion right now can't even get enough weapons to assign one to each soldier, and half (litereally) of the weapons we DO have are broken. Some irreparably. But this dude is John Wayne-ing his PAIR of weapons.

I have seen real ACU in urban around the nearby Fort, it doesent even break up there, I dont know how they expect it to be "Universal".

Pretty easy to tell it from MARPAT, which works alot better (from experience). Cant even tell what it is unless you get close enough.

CNN isnt very reliable.

Edited by Foxtrot23

im not sure if the ACU was chosen over Multicam or if its being used for FFW or whatever but I have a set of the multicam field shirt and pants and they work pretty damn good in woodland and field environments.

ive seen several different ACUs, one was a recruiter at my school, his looked pretty green and tannish(like a very toned down washed out marpat without black)and others ive seen, army.mil, etc look more tan/brown, dunno if its lighting, or if the uniforms are dirty or what have you.

Dirt and light. And ignorance of the care instructions. Y'know, using detergents with bleach or bleach alternatives in them. Machine drying them. Stuff you're explicitly told NOT to do. And yeah, the color/pattern are pretty darned worthless. I know of clowns who'd be harder to draw a bead on in combat. the uniform itself, camo patterns aside, is pretty alright I think. But someone needs to get a grip and drop the stupid pin-on everything. That is SO golf-alpha-yankee.....

• 3 weeks later...

We had a lot of guys in the 101st in OIF 1 get their own stuff at Ranger Joes or some place like that. Wouldn't surprise me if this guy got his holster from a civillian supplier.

As a reserve unit, we had a lot of stuff not issued to us, and going out on ###### missions everyday kind of persuaded me to buy some of my own gear. We didn't even get body armor until about 6mo into the deployment! But I think all is fixed with most units these days. I hope so anyways

This picture of a US soldier was on CNN's website and is supposed to be a Marine in Iraq. What uniform is this? It looks more like the ACUs that the army wears than any Marine uniform I'm aware of...plus the patches on his arm?

marineuniformbh0.jpg

Lol! I hadn't seen this post when it was made, but I did catch that news article. I emailed CNN about it. That's not a Marine, it's a soldier.

They never responded, but if you go back to the article, they have since changed the picture and it's caption.

Here is the original article with the now-changed image:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/22/marine.recall/index.html