Amazon reviews of GR:AW

Wow... the PC versions were savaged by the reviewers... and on highly visible sites like Amazon. I hope Ubi/GRiN takes the time to read those... (just in case we haven't beaten the dead horse already around here!) :):blink:

Wow... the PC versions were savaged by the reviewers... and on highly visible sites like Amazon. I hope Ubi/GRiN takes the time to read those... (just in case we haven't beaten the dead horse already around here!) :):blink:

Whenever Oliver posts its a post that beats a dead horse... a guy who has uninstalled the game and says he only cares about single player.. and seems to post something negative EVERY day.... if you don't wanna wait for the patches find a new game.. if you do wanna wait do it in silence since your not saying anything new or good... you have beaten the dead horse now there is nothing left of it so stop pounding the ground

Whenever Oliver posts its a post that beats a dead horse... a guy who has uninstalled the game and says he only cares about single player.. and seems to post something negative EVERY day.... if you don't wanna wait for the patches find a new game.. if you do wanna wait do it in silence since your not saying anything new or good... you have beaten the dead horse now there is nothing left of it so stop pounding the ground

Just for you, dear boy, is a link that may help:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=396465

Edited by OliverReed

Just for you, dear boy, is a link that may help:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...st&p=396465

Thats what happens when $$$$ is considered b4 quality. Now I know you gotta make the cash, thats just plain buisness.

But in my field of work without the quality I cant get the bigger cash. I think the few and rare quality games(like HL2, FEAR, ect...) are the games that bring players in droves.

When will UBI(Publisher, and holder of Clancy,Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6 names) get their act together? Personally I think they are the string/purse holders that sets the schedule, I think, that is.

So is it GRIN that's at the mercy of the UBI schedule? AND money desires?

Crank it out for a buck because thats ALL they did for LD, they made some quick $$$$, probably not much but something.

Then they saw how much the players hated the game and dropped it. I guess they felt obligated to release a patch, maybe not to truley tick players off.

But I tell ya being a PC gamers for a long time, there are only a few companies out there producing GOOD games. Games that bring a few hundred thousand players.

UBI, should REALLY take a look around, and wake up.

But hey is their Xbox/PS2/Gamecube console industry is keeping them happy, then the pc'ers can get thrown the crap or half made stuff.

Knock it out, throw it out, and maybe 100k people will buy it.

100k x $50(average per game) = 5 million$$$.

Well anyways, I just hope the best for GRAW because I do like the game.

Go GRIN....

DD

The xBox 360 versions fare a lot better though!

That's maybe because they got a more complete game. Correct me if I am wrong - XBOX GRAW has more maps, modes, weapons and even different uniforms to chose from. While the PC version is quite limited.

When I first got the PC game, I played through the single player, played a little bit of CoOp and Domination then stopped playing after about one week.

Then i noticed there was a new patch which included deathmatch. NOW I am enjoying the game and play it regularly.

Seriously, what's the point of this thread?

Just for awareness of how the wider game-buying public are perceiving and rating AW. Thought I'd throw it in as I reckon a lot more people will be likely to look on sites like Amazon to read an unbiased review of a game from their peers - rather than seek out a dedicated forum or sponsored game-site.

And these people matter - they represent the hordes who are willing (or not) to put their hands into their pockets and keep this thing afloat.

You can have as much faith in UBI/GRIN as you like; keep saying they're doing a great job; keep saying you'll wait and you'll be patient for the patches. But the blind faith and devotion of a few won't amount to much if the tills aren't ringing the the sound of AW steadily marching off the shelves. And from those reviews, it seems unlikely.

' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:23 AM' post='399522']

Yes, those Amazon reviews were very original. I've never read anything like them before. Certainly not around here.

well you see cangaroo Oliver here has gotten tired of hijacking other threads to put in his repeated complaints *mind you its really just one complaint he copy's and pastes over and over* so the thought it time to make a thread of his own to take up room on the forums and offer nothing in return.. and oliver I don't feel I should go out of my way to block morons if you want to block me great :) but let me give you a link first

here ya go

Just for awareness of how the wider game-buying public are perceiving and rating AW. Thought I'd throw it in as I reckon a lot more people will be likely to look on sites like Amazon to read an unbiased review of a game from their peers - rather than seek out a dedicated forum or sponsored game-site.

And these people matter - they represent the hordes who are willing (or not) to put their hands into their pockets and keep this thing afloat.

You can have as much faith in UBI/GRIN as you like; keep saying they're doing a great job; keep saying you'll wait and you'll be patient for the patches. But the blind faith and devotion of a few won't amount to much if the tills aren't ringing the the sound of AW steadily marching off the shelves. And from those reviews, it seems unlikely.

ok so you thought that we need more places to read all the whining of ppl who didnt like the game? btw those reviews are from gamers just like all the Bitching that is here is by gamers.. so again ###### is your point.. honestly why do you come here?!?!

well you see cangaroo Oliver here has gotten tired of hijacking other threads to put in his repeated complaints *mind you its really just one complaint he copy's and pastes over and over* so the thought it time to make a thread of his own to take up room on the forums and offer nothing in return.. and oliver I don't feel I should go out of my way to block morons if you want to block me great :) but let me give you a link first

here ya go

Thanks - I've added your link to the list in the first post - all in the interests of balance of course.

Not heard of them myself - are they big in the US perhaps?

(PS - wouldn't dream of blocking you dear boy - all opinions welcome)

Edited by OliverReed

' date='Jul 14 2006, 08:23 AM' post='399522']

Yes, those Amazon reviews were very original. I've never read anything like them before. Certainly not around here.

here ya go

ok so you thought that we need more places to read all the whining of ppl who didnt like the game? btw those reviews are from gamers just like all the Bitching that is here is by gamers.. so again ###### is your point.. honestly why do you come here?!?!

I'll answer that one... They have absolutely nothing else to do.

You hate this game so much your scour (okay, Amazon is not exactly "scouring") the internet just to find negative reviews to prove you are right and everyone else is wrong. You talk about blind faith, devotion, and on and on, but crissakes, can't a guy just like the ######ing game without you thinking he's an idiot?

I'll answer that one... They have absolutely nothing else to do.

Au contraire. I'm just offering the forum an opportunity to see how the real world currently perceives AW outside the cosy forum bubble.

I'm not whining myself - just trying to illustrate that in the real world, those who have already 'buyed and tried' - or are thinking of 'buying and trying' - would perceive things much differently to those reading the hopeful, upbeat threads of the forum with their promises of future patches and features. I argue that more people have read the former than the latter.

Anyway, may I make a suggestion? If you want this thread to die - then don't post to it. Let it fall off the front page and onto the uncharted waters of pages 4-5 onwards. After all, a glimpses of the real world can sometimes be harmful.

Au contraire. I'm just offering the forum an opportunity to see how the real world currently perceives AW outside the cosy forum bubble.

I'm not whining myself - just trying to illustrate that in the real world, those who have already 'buyed and tried' - or are thinking of 'buying and trying' - would perceive things much differently to those reading the hopeful, upbeat threads of the forum with their promises of future patches and features. I argue that more people have read the former than the latter.

Anyway, may I make a suggestion? If you want this thread to die - then don't post to it. Let it fall off the front page and onto the uncharted waters of pages 4-5 onwards. After all, a glimpses of the real world can sometimes be harmful.

My God are you condescending.

My God are you condescending.

Thank you - your spelling is a pleasant surprise :D

your a co-op player right? you said you have uninstalled the game until co-op is fixed so why not leave your email and we will tell you when its fix then you don't have to waste yours or our time with these silly posts

your a co-op player right? you said you have uninstalled the game until co-op is fixed so why not leave your email and we will tell you when its fix then you don't have to waste yours or our time with these silly posts

Hi Randomhero,

This is not a post about COOP - but about peoples' perception of AW outside of the forum.

If you want to contact me about COOP, then PM me dear boy, through the PM facility (and besides, I re-installed when 1.20 came out).

Otherwise, by mailing here, you simply keep this horrid thread implying bad things about AW afloat.

And that won't do, will it?

Ok, as much as I actually like GRAW, I have to agree with Oliver on this. He's pointing out how the average person feels about the game, not those actively involved. How many of you played a game and liked/hated it, but never posted about in on forums for the actual game? He's posting other peoples points of views, not expressing his own. You want to flame somebody, go to Amazon.com and do it to those people.