my faith is waning on GRAW

We shoud never get into a hell bent flame fest. We must all understand that there are some of us who like GRAW here and some of us who don't.

The bigger picture is, how long will people wait out to see the end result? Some won't. some will.

But I have to concede that there aren't alot of people on at one time except 2 servers i can think of. I think GR had more people playing at 4 months than GRAW.

Thats an interesting thought, If I was a fan of this game PLAY .....like bf2 or whatever why in the hell would I mess around with GRAW. If someone wasnt dealing with big expectations or hopes for the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon why even put up with this mess? Nothing is here but big questions, disappointment, computer problems, server crashs, dieing clans, cheaters, low or no recruitment, sealed boxs, flame wars, pc and console debates,and somewhere theres a poor SOB that bought a $300.00 physics card buying some other game to justify the purchase, etc etc. :wacko:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We shoud never get into a hell bent flame fest. We must all understand that there are some of us who like GRAW here and some of us who don't.

The bigger picture is, how long will people wait out to see the end result? Some won't. some will.

But I have to concede that there aren't alot of people on at one time except 2 servers i can think of. I think GR had more people playing at 4 months than GRAW.

... somewhere theres a poor SOB that bought a $300.00 physics card buying some other game to justify the purchase, etc etc. :wacko:

I told y'all, I'm taking it BACK! :angry::angry:

Thats an interesting thought, If I was a fan of this game PLAY .....like bf2 or whatever why in the hell would I mess around with GRAW. If someone wasnt dealing with big expectations or hopes for the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon why even put up with this mess? Nothing is here but big questions, disappointment, computer problems, server crashs, dieing clans, cheaters, low or no recruitment, sealed boxs, flame wars, pc and console debates,and somewhere theres a poor SOB that bought a $300.00 physics card buying some other game to justify the purchase, etc etc. :wacko:

We still have hope, despite the GR2 cancel and GRAW. We atleast have some pathetic shot at making a difference.

Just to add to this... WillieP i think she (Tow-Angel ment DM as in domination... not deathmatch. It makes more sense that way at least) correct me Angel if i'm wrong.

Domination can be played close to TDM if you turn down or off the spawns. Currently we have reduced them to 5 (with 15 min games) at AFZ (AttackforceZ[1.20]. People are more careful and you don't get the blatant spamming as kills don't rack up before the game ends. It becomes more of a team oriented game. This week we may take it a step further to 3 spawns and see what the reactions are.

Basically at this point to win it becomes... take away all the zones (that stops the other team from camping) Or kill them off as in LMS. It's more of an LMS with sensors you can't see on the map as you can tell someone is in your zone but you cannot see them.

Domination played like the above is less hectic and More GR1 like. It definately can be matched that way.

Papa thanks for mentioning us. We try to keep a good server but not all our squad is up to GRAW yet (although we have 2 new recruits now) so it sometimes is hard to get the game started.

Right now my biggest concern is getting the anticheat fixed (game altered files error) so that simple mods can't enhance one player (who is then a cheater) playing on the server. If Grin can get us Server controls and fix the anticheat this month I could way 2 to 4 more for TDM as the game would be matchable with Dom.

For those that don't like domination or don't find it immersive... shut off the anouncer so you can hear the actual game (game tab voice quotes uncheck) This will add to the immersiveness over a 100 fold.

Roco

First let me thank you and Peace for good games and good server. I wish you all luck in gaining new members. I frequent your site often. Congrats to the new members of AFZ, you all are stand up guys/girls (if any). I hope in the future to be shot by you as well (time will tell). To anyone else, these guys run a top notch server. Probably the only place you will not see words hack and cheat thrown around.

Sorry for the off topic, but I do feel this is the beginning of my farwell (so you can atleast cut me a little slack).

Just to add to this... WillieP i think she (Tow-Angel ment DM as in domination... not deathmatch. It makes more sense that way at least) correct me Angel if i'm wrong.

Domination can be played close to TDM if you turn down or off the spawns. Currently we have reduced them to 5 (with 15 min games) at AFZ (AttackforceZ[1.20]. People are more careful and you don't get the blatant spamming as kills don't rack up before the game ends. It becomes more of a team oriented game. This week we may take it a step further to 3 spawns and see what the reactions are.

Basically at this point to win it becomes... take away all the zones (that stops the other team from camping) Or kill them off as in LMS. It's more of an LMS with sensors you can't see on the map as you can tell someone is in your zone but you cannot see them.

Domination played like the above is less hectic and More GR1 like. It definately can be matched that way.

Papa thanks for mentioning us. We try to keep a good server but not all our squad is up to GRAW yet (although we have 2 new recruits now) so it sometimes is hard to get the game started.

Right now my biggest concern is getting the anticheat fixed (game altered files error) so that simple mods can't enhance one player (who is then a cheater) playing on the server. If Grin can get us Server controls and fix the anticheat this month I could way 2 to 4 more for TDM as the game would be matchable with Dom.

For those that don't like domination or don't find it immersive... shut off the anouncer so you can hear the actual game (game tab voice quotes uncheck) This will add to the immersiveness over a 100 fold.

Most of us have said this a million times before so stop bringing it up ok, DOM is not TDM. TDM is pure squad vs squad tactical subdue-ing. There is no other crap around it like zones. It's funny, if this game mode had been Capture The Flag w/ supplylines which is all it really is, no-one would've even thought of saying something dumb like DOM = TDM with extra crap. Just try to understand this: WE DO NOT WANT THE EXTRA CRAP.

Sorry for all the shouting but I've explained this about a million times before and as I don't get any corrects from others who want TDM I suppose they agree with me on this.

I was told by Grin that, Snipers would be having alot of fun. I have tried to enjoy playing a sniper game but, GRAW wasn't meant for snipers.

I used to be a member of BADS snipers, an exclusive team for sniper games. GRAW won't work for them.

This game is meant for those who like using the assault rifles. Snipers are left out in the cold. :(

maybe that's why there's only one rifle.

I was told by Grin that, Snipers would be having alot of fun. I have tried to enjoy playing a sniper game but, GRAW wasn't meant for snipers.

I used to be a member of BADS snipers, an exclusive team for sniper games. GRAW won't work for them.

This game is meant for those who like using the assault rifles. Snipers are left out in the cold. :(

Wow. I never thought about that angle, but you're right Papa6. I used to play [GR] SP and MP in "sniper mode" a LOT (still occasionally do), but GRAW really don't support that.

I can see why the sniper clans / teams would be frustrated (or they just haven't bothered after trying the game for a few hours when it was first released and realizing they've been mostly forgotten).

-jk

Callsign 3Point

There are heaps of places to camp to snipe out run'n gunners in GRAW MP (just remember to bring the Glock and grenades if somebody comes up close)...but of course I think I know what you mean, some nice open parks or rural maps would be nice.

Rabbi....

Whatcha askin for that PPU?

Now that it's all USED and broken in?

:thumbsup::whistle:

It spent 5 or 6 days in my machine. Didn't even have to open the drivers disk, as I had newer ones already downloaded. $250 + shipping, which puts it at about what I'll make off the return at BestBuy. BE ADVISED- these things run H_O_T! If you've got tower cooling problems, you MAY wanna address those first...

I snipe, I love it.

This game is all about sniping, just not always with the sniper rifle. Just cause the other weapons have scopes and are reasonably accurate at range doesn't make the Sniper Rifle useless.

Still 2 people one bullet, that's loads of fun.

I simply can't understand with all of the 'community involvement' and the time that GRIN has spent communicating with us why... why... WHY WON'T THEY DELIVER TDM????

My clan (ETF) just sidelined GRAW in favor of BF2... and I'm upset. Not upset at my clan... rather at GRIN/UBI ... and there are two reasons I could say my clan dropped GRAW-

- you need a rockin' system, and most of our clan just can't afford a rockin' system. You know, we're real people who can't afford to pump a couple thousand into their system, for what... not-real particle physics, HDR and crappy AA?

- there is no TDM. What the hell, GRIN... Someone earlier talked about leaving out the extra crap... seriously, who asked for domination? Was there a single wishlist or forum posting that pined for DOM? I'd love to find out who thought it was a great idea to push DOM over TDM... what a joke.

Put simply... they placed the game out of reach of the common man, and didn't even implement what we kept clamoring for. Kudos... not!

oh yeah, and I want it to be know that I was formerly a HUGE supporter of GRAW... I didn't turn till now...