a GR:AW Advanced Manual

Rabbi 74 and I are going to start working on a manual for GR:AW, a much more comprehensive manual that covers as many aspects that we all can come up with.

Both of us are looking for individuals to contribute to the manual.

Individuals who are good with:

Adobe Photoshop CS 2

Publishing software (Quark, Adobe or something along these lines as the final product will be PDF)

Screen Capturing Utilities

Writer (Must have good grammar and spelling skills)

Also need people who are experienced in the game from conception (possibly getting help from GRIN and/or UBI Soft)

Hoping to include:

Server Admin Tools

Dedicated Server Administration

And other various tools available

If you are truly interested, please PM Rabbi 74 or myself.

NOTE:

This thread is not to flame anyone, strictly is volunteer only (no one gets paid, but all benefit) and we are looking for those who are truly serious about writing an advanced manual for GR:AW.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll setup a TeamSpeak server for us to use and discuss things...

If you don't have TeamSpeak, you'll need to get it at http://www.goteamspeak.com

Once we get our list of people, I'll only give it out to them.

Also... If you could also PM me what you use for a messenger, that would be great too!

Once we have our team, we'll work on a schedule of when we can all meet and discuss the topics and how we would like to go from there.

i've never read a manual before but it is funny to see the people that want to play the game doing the developer's job.

"SIGH" .... :yawn::wall:

I guess modders should never do there job either... just wait until the developer releases more maps... Sorry I degress...

I will PM if my time becomes more free... but a good idea guys and way to support the community..

i've never read a manual before but it is funny to see the people that want to play the game doing the developer's job.

"SIGH" .... :yawn::wall:

I guess modders should never do there job either... just wait until the developer releases more maps... Sorry I degress...

I will PM if my time becomes more free... but a good idea guys and way to support the community..

i guess you didn't understand my post.

it's funny to see the people develop a manual for a game. you know a manual on how to use the game that developers of every other game i have bought wrote themselves, at the time of release.

modding is one thing, a manual on how to use the original game is another.

No need for a response... opps.. I guess that's to late :)

Round and round we go...

Actually I fully understood what you meant.. I may be thick (Damn Kilkenny) but not that thick... my GRAW came with a manual.. just not as indepth as this one will likely be... GR1 had the same thing developed by the community..

Again, my appologize.. I degressed again... let's keep this on topic and get some guys willing to help in cause..

Edited by IrishStout

So far, here's who we have...

Copy Editor: Logos

Writer: Rabbi 74 & ToW-Angel

Graphics: ToW-Angel, Digitaly -TC-, Rocky, Degamer

Illustrations: ToW-Angel & Degamer

Screen Caps: Rocky

Translations: CkZWarlord (Dutch)

Still need help from others to translate to other languages.

French, German, Spanish and others.

If you speak, write and have good grammar in other languages, you are definitely wanted on the team! :)

Edited by ToW-Angel

this sounds sweet! maybe ill learn some new tricks from reading it! :grin1:

with game fans like this, im glad to be..well..on vacation actually, but also to be involved with GRAW!:) cheers guys!

Definitely looking forward to it! :) If you have the time, think maybe you can help us out a little?

Still needing people who can translate to other languages...

If you know a second language, and can translate or if English is your second language, please let us know so we can get the manual done in different languages.

If interested, please PM Rabbi 74 or myself.

Still looking for people to translate into other languages.

Also, if you have anytihng that you feel you would like to see in it, now is a good time to post about it also.

A good example of a submission of additions to the advanced manual would be:

Title

Description

Where the info can be located if not found already

The How-To's if you know how to do it.

Each person will get credit in the manual by having their name at the beginning of the section they contributed to.

Example:

How to start the SADS

By: ToW-Angel & Rabbi 74

Everyone is encouraged to get involved in providing tutorials, graphics and overal production of the manual.

Us on the team will will compile it and put it all together and editorialize for grammar and spelling.

Again, the community is encouraged to get involved.

Still looking for people to translate into other languages.

Also, if you have anytihng that you feel you would like to see in it, now is a good time to post about it also.

A good example of a submission of additions to the advanced manual would be:

Title

Description

Where the info can be located if not found already

The How-To's if you know how to do it.

Each person will get credit in the manual by having their name at the beginning of the section they contributed to.

Example:

How to start the SADS

By: ToW-Angel & Rabbi 74

Everyone is encouraged to get involved in providing tutorials, graphics and overal production of the manual.

Us on the team will will compile it and put it all together and editorialize for grammar and spelling.

Again, the community is encouraged to get involved.

What languages are you wanting to translate in. I can do a few different languages for you. Might as well put the knowledge to use. The only good thing I use it for now is the fact I can curse in other languages around my friends for bragging rights. ;)

*edit*

I can speak. Spanish,German and French.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

What languages are you wanting to translate in. I can do a few different languages for you. Might as well put the knowledge to use. The only good thing I use it for now is the fact I can curse in other languages around my friends for bragging rights. ;)

Spanish, German, French, and a couple of others.

But, can you correctly translate?

Edited by ToW-Angel

PM me when you get ready. I`ll translate the spanish.

To verify, I would be happy to get on your TS and confirm my language skill. Im not "perfect" in french but I did pass the course. Spanish is what I am the most fluent in.

Edited by VeLocityChaos

PM me when you get ready. I`ll translate the spanish.

Thanks! :) I will, but also send me a PM reminder so I don't forget also. :)