GRIN please fix exposed spawn points

GRIN, can you please move any spawn points that are exposed and are in view from adjacent sectors from the spawn sector?

We at the BDA do not allow our members to purposely enter the enemy's spawn sector, but from adjacent sectors some individual spawn points are in plain view.

The worst problem is in Bravo on the Church map looking down on 2 spawn points.

I also noticed this problem on the Downtown map.

I know many servers allow spawn killing, but we do not.

We are finding out when players like myself control sectors adjacent to a spawn sector, we sometimes are confronted with respawning players in our field of fire, which causes problems for both sides.

I would like to see every adjacent sector to a spawn sector free from direct line of site to any individual spawn point, for all maps now, and in the future.

Thank you

-Blaster*BDA*

Edited by Blaster

I recall from somewhere that it would be 5 sec invulnerability when spawning, but that is not the case...it is a 5 sec delay to spawn

:blink:

With a brief period of invulnerability, the problem with spawn raping should be less.... And I think it more easily fixed in a patch than changing the spawn zones

So, Please GRIN make it an OPTION of

- no invulnerability OR

- 5 sec of invulnerability :thumbsup:

I think "pinning down the spawn" is ok and will always happen when playing with spawns (NOTE! not talking about raping here, i.e. killing helpless players directly as they spawn in) , The teams need to ensure to cover their bottlenecks (where people get out of their spawn zone. That is not spawn raping. You have to think defensive as well as offensive.

Personally I think playing Domination with no spawns in 10-15 min ladder matches will rock (as LMS/HH no spawns in GR did)! Unfortunately I've not been able to try it out as there are no servers using it, because most players on public servers want unlimited respawns, and you'll have to lock the server and have all players on coms to prevent new joiners in game... Also you'll probably need at least ~14 players or so (7 vs 7) due to the large maps.

I recall from somewhere that it would be 5 sec invulnerability when spawning, but that is not the case...it is a 5 sec delay to spawn

With a brief period of invulnerability, the problem with spawn raping should be less.... And I think it more easily fixed in a patch than changing the spawn zones

- no invulnerability OR

I think "pinning down the spawn" is ok (NOTE not raping) and will always happen when playing with spawns, The teams need to ensure to cover their bottlenecks (where people get out of their spawn zone. That is not spawn raping. You have to think defense as well as offence.

Personally I think playing Domination with no spawns in 10-15 min ladder matches will rock (as LMS/HH no spawns in GR did)! Unfortunately I've not been able to try it out as there are no servers using it, because most players on public servers want unlimited respawns, and you'll have to lock the server and have all players on coms to prevent new joiners in game... Also you'll probably need at least ~14 players or so (7 vs 7) due to the large maps.

We locked our server last night and played with 1 respawn and ten minutes. We had a full server just about, and everyone seemed to love it.

Now if I can only get these guys to play one hour matches without any respawns!

LOL......It will never happen without observer mode like we had in GR1.

Edited by Blaster

I think AOD had a no respawn server up for abit. The only problem with the no respawn servers is that there is still join in progress, so you had alot of people leaving and coming back in after they were killed.

That is another option I would like to see added in the sever setup. The ability to lock a game to gamers just joining, or a waiting room for the next round.

But back on topic. I dont know if the 5 second invulnerability will help all the time, espeacially for people with slow PC's. Dont get me wrong, it will help alittle, but there are a few people that after spawning still need time to get the map to load.

Wonder if there is a way to make it so you are invincible while in your spawn. its not like they can capture the spawn anyway, so they dont really need to be there in the first place. but as soon as you step out, you are fair game. This would make the other team back off as they know they cant kill you, so why even try, and waste ammo. Anyway just a thought.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

We locked our server last night and played with 1 respawn and ten minutes. We had a full server just about, and everyone seemed to love it.

Cool :thumbsup: I'll try to join you some day this week and hopefully you do it again!

Yea, observer mode in [GR] was excellent and is surely needed to keep players, that die early on, on the server. Unfortunately observer mode is one of those excellent features that was forgotten or delibrately left out by GRIN :blink: ... very strange...I can't think of any good reason for it, ...unless they never intended GRAW MP to have the option of being a no spawn game, which is ofcourse very sad because there is a large existing community for it...

:(

GRIN, can you please move any spawn points that are exposed and are in view from adjacent sectors from the spawn sector?

We at the BDA do not allow our members to purposely enter the enemy's spawn sector, but from adjacent sectors some individual spawn points are in plain view.

The worst problem is in Bravo on the Church map looking down on 2 spawn points.

I also noticed this problem on the Downtown map.

We are finding out when players like myself control sectors adjacent to a spawn sector, we sometimes are confronted with respawning players in our field of fire, which causes problems for both sides.

I would like to see every adjacent sector to a spawn sector free from direct line of site to any individual spawn point, for all maps now, and in the future.

Thank you

-Blaster*BDA*

Good points transfered to Tech.

- no invulnerability OR

I think "pinning down the spawn" is ok (NOTE not raping) and will always happen when playing with spawns, The teams need to ensure to cover their bottlenecks (where people get out of their spawn zone. That is not spawn raping. You have to think defense as well as offence.

Observer mode is a good option, as long as it only allows observing players to view what the person they are observing is viewing, NOT such things as side views or superzooms (as in [GR]) which allowed dead team members to assist the living. Although almost all GR teams did this, it took away from the realism and personal skill in matches. The same as deathcamera, everyone who was dead stayed in there bodies and reported enemy sightings to the living (Akin to having a human sensor on map)

Observer mode is a good option, as long as it only allows observing players to view what the person they are observing is viewing, NOT such things as side views or superzooms (as in [GR]) which allowed dead team members to assist the living. Although almost all GR teams did this, it took away from the realism and personal skill in matches. The same as deathcamera, everyone who was dead stayed in there bodies and reported enemy sightings to the living (Akin to having a human sensor on map)

True :thumbsup: , Good points - an 'optimal' AND optional observer mode when dead in GRAW should not include superzoom, or any third person view. It should be exactly the same view as the player has...

Personally I think the invicible mode was "not the best" solution to the problem. If I seem to remember you could not fire a weapon while "invincible".

What I do agree is that we need better "sheilded/concealed/covered" spawn points.

Getting base raped sucks.

BA

Actually to make it an interesting observer mode, why don't they give us read people the crosscomm view... It would be like watching a movie LOL!

but for real a regular observer mode would help (although the bandwitth needed i think may increase drastically) and we could fraps cheaters before we ban them.

The only aspect of online playing I don't like...

The constant whining about spawn raping, it is really old (I think we can safely say we

are beyond "getting old"). People, spawn raping is a part of FPS games that have respawns.

Instead of complaining about it, deal with it. Don't spawn there or protect it properly.

If someone can spawnrape you that means your team did a really poor job protecting it.

LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE....

(PS: For all you spawnrape haterz >>> http://www.pwned.nl/)

Edited by CkZWarlord

The most fun I ever had was playing one hour matches with no respawns back when I was in Omega Squad with GR1.

I loved laying sensors down on the swamp map and hunting each other while it was raining.

Blaster, what was your name in OS ? We know each other, I'm a good friend of George (aka OS Firepower)

i loved the wat Day Of Defeat: Source did their spawn points. They were not accessible by the opposing force, it was usually behind a hill where the team spawning could get over, but if you were on the other side, you could not see over the hill, and you could not climb up it.

The most fun I ever had was playing one hour matches with no respawns back when I was in Omega Squad with GR1.

I loved laying sensors down on the swamp map and hunting each other while it was raining.

Blaster, what was your name in OS ? We know each other, I'm a good friend of George (aka OS Firepower)

It was Blaster then too.

Dont you remember, I left the OS and formed my own team, Sniper School?

Hey blaster it's me drunkmexican. anyway good point about the spawns. we can't capture our opponents spawn but that doesn't stop the enemy from spawnraping us.

on our BDA server tonight we had 3 peeps in our spawn and just killing those who spawn. that's not due to poor defense. they blatantly went there to do just that. Some players lost 3 lives trying to play.

there must be some way to block the enemies movement into their adversaries spawnzone. maybe even take a life away or even spawn them back to their spawn to start all over.

just a thought. nothing would get a spawnrapers attention then to get transported back to their spawn

Spawn rape is a failing of the DOMINATION GAME MODE MAP PLANS, the main problem is the

areas directly next to spawn are objective tasks. This problem does not exist in KOTH [King of the hill] type games and team death match because the spawn area or adjacent are not the objective.

To solve this problem not only does there need to be more thought to the SPAWN POINTS but also the defended objective areas. So the spawn area needs to be enlarged and the adjacent objective areas shrunk !!! This way the spawn will be protected from players defending the captured objectives.....

There will always be the few childlike spawn killers, till we have the ability to kick, ban true problem players... but the above if implemented by GRIN would solve the dilemma.

EXAMPLE: CHURCH

The original zones are on this sample map and you can see I've extended the spawn ZONES indicated by a blue tint to the areas concerned.... something like this needs to be done.

ALL AREAS REMAIN but a part of BRAVO and CHARLIE become extended areas of ALPHA and KILO.... etc...

Everyone knows the problem in BRAVO, in particular BRAVO B2 where you can shoot down from the upper floor/ balconies, very near actual spawn !!

churchzones2.jpg

viiiper