PC Gamer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely it's not Bo's place or game to give out information. That is down to UBI.

Problem is, we've got something of an addiction situation here. If you haven't had your fix for so long people get desperate and desperate people do and say desperate things. Do I have to say that due ot my own observation that many people on these boards are desperate people?

UBI/GRIN, just get the game released ASAP. For my sanity if nothing else!!!

For gods Sake the game is not delayed and will be on the shelves on the 30th March.

Magazines screw up all the time.

This has been confirmed.

You might try switching to de-cafe mate!. :thumbsup:

Decaf Low fat is more like it. And lay off the sugar, too. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jf the genetic designer. heh. One of my favorite movies, Bladerunner. :thumbsup:

How about THIS for an................uh....................Silly-Wild-***-Guess...?

XBox/360........................March 3rd......DEMO

(using DEMO to attract sales not last minute fixes.....?)

.......................March 7th.............game SHIPS

.......................March 10th...........game in STORES

PC..................................March 17th..............DEMO

(after a 2 week period for the XBox stuff to settle down....) :blink:

.......................................March 28th..................game SHIPS

(after a small amount of time to tweak last minute stuff....?) :wacko:

.................................................March 31st.....................game in STORES

Understand I have no real info about any of this......its just my own thoughts!

:whistle:

PC..................................March 17th..............DEMO

(after a 2 week period for the XBox stuff to settle down....) :blink:

.......................................March 28th..................game SHIPS

(after a small amount of time to tweak last minute stuff....?) :wacko:

.................................................March 31st.....................game in STORES

How much time would UBI need to press the discs and prepare the packaging? 2-3 weeks?

If so, this means development is all but finished (hopefully) and the last minute tweaking would need to be accomplished by early March for that 3/31/06 release date.

Wasn't the UBI UK site selling advanced copies of PC GRAW and guaranteeing delivery to the first 500 buyers on 3/31/06?

Oh man...I sincerely hope I don't have to go back to pr0n surfing sometime in April. I need to save my testosterone for fraggin'. :P

Edited by rossiski

All I meant was that I "supposed" that the DEMO for the XBox was going to be used differently than the one for the PC game. :wacko:

XBox would be used to get people to try the game and then buy it, as opposed to the PC crowd who see a DEMO as a means of a "final" look before the game gets released. :rocky:

Otherwise, why wait and release them at different times? :blink:

I believe they, the UBI group, really ARE committed to making the XBox version their "Number One" seller. The PC crowd gets what they want, but just not before.

I believe this is a trend we will see from now on. :wall:

Just speculation........... and too much fermented drink! :thumbsup:

IF it were up to me.................you and I would be playing some awesome co-op... right now as we speak................... :shifty:

Edited by danegeld2

I don`t beleive the pc crowd are getting what they want personnally, but still, we all have our own needs.

How can you come up with that conclusion when you haven't seen or played the game yet? I don't think EVERYONE is going to be happy with EVERYTHING about the game though, that is a gimme of course. They are not going to please everyone. I do think tht MOST OF US will be pleased with the overall game, IMO.

How can you come up with that conclusion when you haven't seen or played the game yet?

No doubt.

I do think tht MOST OF US will be pleased with the overall game, IMO.

And "overall" is the operable term.

Let's see -- TACTICAL shooter with current-gen graphics, without a damage meter, and where I kill the next guy because I'm smarter, not because I'm faster and have mastered jumping, going prone, and shooting, all simultaneously?

Uh, yeah, I'm already happy. :D

There would have to be a monumental pooch-screwing for me not to be happy.

--Logos

I come up with my conclusion because it is my conclusion to what i want. This new game will please countless people for sure, but it won`t me.

I have countless games here just like most people but they don`t get played too much and GR1 has always been MY favourite. It`s genious, the best on-line team co-op game i have ever played. Keeping upto date with all the new games available must be a nightmare and I hope they have success in competing with them in the pc world. However simply recreating GR and it`s original maps / gameplay with all the new software available today would of been a bigger hit for someone like ME who treasures his copies of GR classic more than his household.

I have x-box, gamecube but rarely use them. Didn`t like GR2 mainly because i hate consoles. Good luck i say in the console market, i think it will be a real success, just my opinion in the pc market, is that it will not attract good old fashioned GR Classic people.

I`m just posting what i hear nearly everday on Teamspeak from people all over the world when we get together for games. Now if all these people posted up there thoughts too, i guess it would be discouraging others from this new release, which is not a good topic too start.

Awaiting the demo, good luck GR:AW, ordered the game as my support and look forward to what surprises it may have even for a grumpy get like me!

:o=

I come up with my conclusion because it is my conclusion to what i want.

Bwohkle? :blink:

I`m just posting what i hear nearly everday on Teamspeak from people all over the world when we get together for games.

Just so UBi can accurately gauge the magnitude of this international dissatisfaction, are you talking about tens, hundreds, or thousands of people you Teamspeak with who are all dissatisfied for non-specific reasons with a game they've never seen?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

--Logos

No, just people i know have played GR for years now, maybe few dozen or so. I don`t want to argue about something i havn`t seen, just point out that it would be very hard to convert some GR people to anything new. When the game we already have allows us to produce even the wildest mods and missions we can think of. After all these years people are still modding new fresh ideas that will keep this game going for ever. With a bit of moddelling experience theres no need for another game we can already make it here, just not as good graphics and so obviously.

... just point out that it would be very hard to convert some GR people to anything new.

Okay, very cool. It's easy to understand how some people could be so invested in something for so long, something that was so brilliant, that they can't imagine any sequel living up to it. I don't agree with the view personally, but I understand you now. :):thumbsup:

--Logos

• 2 weeks later...
Warning: Depressing Thought Below 

I've been thinking, "How could they delay the game at this late date?  Why would they wait so long to inform us, knowing that the closer a delay announcement is to the supposed release date, the more they will alienate us?"

Right?  That's been my thinking.  This thought, that they would NOT wait this late to announce a delay has been my anchor for the idea that PCGamer is wrong, that there could be no justification not to announce the delay sooner if one was coming. 

Well, I just came up with a possible how/why they would hold out on us. 

If the PC version were going to be delayed, they would likely NOT want to announce it now because the announcement would get confused with the XBox360 version's release, some people would think THAT version was delayed, and it would cut into that version's sales.  That would be a viable reason for holding out on us.  That would also be a reason for their surprising move-up of the release of the XBox360 version to the soonest possible date: so they could announce the PC version delay as soon as humanly possible so as to alienate us the least possible.

BTW, I still think PCGamer is wrong, but the above occured to me, it is a viable corporate rationale, and misery loves company.    :)

And another thing that bugs me -- Ubi has heard about thi.  Why hasn't Razz been decrying this nonsense if it is indeed nonsense?!?!?  One affirming word from them could stop this in its tracks.  Or is it the "any buzz is good buzz" attitude?

--Logos

What year were you born? This is the INFORMATION AGE... Posting news about one version of the game isn't going to cut sales because everyone is on their toes waiting for this game... UBI could have easily released just as much PC information that has been flooded about the XBOX360 version.

Like I said a long time ago all the GR1 fans are ruining it for the rest of us GRAW fans. It would have never been a problem if UBI didn't take on projects they couldn't handle and by having 3 companies develop the game so they could all be released around the same time is just completely stupid. Everyone is so scared to say anything about either version because its just going to make someone mad.

UBI is a big fat joke...

Like I said a long time ago all the GR1 fans are ruining it for the rest of us GRAW fans.  It would have never been a problem if UBI didn't take on projects they couldn't handle and by having 3 companies develop the game so they could all be released around the same time is just completely stupid.  Everyone is so scared to say anything about either version because its just going to make someone mad.

UBI is a big fat joke...

If you aren't a "GR1 fan" then you should have no problem playing GRAW on the 360. Without the "GR1 fans" the PC version would no doubt be identical to the console version so it's not like you'd be missing anything.

Ubi are the only people to have ruined anything in this franchise. Don't put the blame anywhere else.

:rofl: I never put the blame anywhere else now did I?

I am a GR1 fan and a GR2 fan and to make GRAW for just one type of fan is beyond me, there is no ##### problem making a game satisfy both fans but yet everyone here thinks so. It will segment the community :'( boohoo! If you think it would your probably right but what the ##### are you affraid of? Your only going to have 50,000 players like yourself to shoot instead of 50,001? You won't see or miss anything if it was segmented your just being a baby about the whole damn thing.

MODERATOR EDIT: Do not bypass the swear filter.

Edited by ZJJ

Ci2e, you seriously need to take a chill pill, you seem to be posting antagonistic posts in several threads and this is not appreciated m8.

Relax, everyone is entitled to an opinion but being rude or ungracious is childish.

Oh Dai San, you are right on not being rude, but we wrote the right to be ungracious into our Constitution when we got away from you yanks! haha.

Ci2e, you seriously need to take a chill pill, you seem to be posting antagonistic posts in several threads and this is not appreciated m8.

Relax, everyone is entitled to an opinion but being rude or ungracious is childish.

Oh Dai San, you are right on not being rude, but we wrote the right to be ungracious into our Constitution when we got away from you yanks! haha.

Fact, Freedom of Speech on forums paid for and owned by someone is not a right. Yes, you can post here, but it has to be within forum rules. If someone keeps being antagonistic, they can be put on post moderation or ultimately banned for breaking forum rules.