Gamespot: "Hands on with GRAW 360"

OPSIXDELTA

4 pages full of speculation about the PC version based on Xbox stuff?  :wall:

the PC version an Grin get the benifit of my doubt until PROVED otherwise  :thumbsup:

PC nothing.... I am concerned about the 360 version. :)

Just to be clear, I hope both console and PC get games we will enjoy.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't really care if the graphics are just 'very nice' or 'absolutly mind blowing'. I am still quite impressed with GR1's graphics. ;) A bit gritty and there's some dodgy looking cars on polling station but a map like Village still totally does it for me.

One of the biggest make or break deals for me is the red and green outlines. I won't be able to bear playing if that's in multi which i doubt. All the other features which i love or hate will just affect eh enjoyability but i'll still buy it.

All i really need is a gun a place to fight in and others to shoot at and that heavy GR classic feel.

Dude, drop the PC players made the series what it is thing. Sorry to say we didn't, the Xbox far outsold the PC game and that set the tone. Plain and simple UBI is out to make money and where does that oney come from? Console sales. So how can you fault them for trying to tap that market? Geez, this is the first new info about 360 to come out in months, while PC news has been released. Does WK going to Germany ring a bell? And guess what, this news is coming from of a show run by M$, about Xbox games.....

One would think that with all the speculation running around all the sites about this loved game, that ubi rse or grin would have something to quell the fears of the PC players.

But as usual they are targeting the quick sale console market first and seemingly forgeting all about the players who made this game as popular as it is.

I would hazzard to say that if we the PC player had not kept this game alive you would have never seen the console platforms.

Some of us have been playing this game for over 4 years now. Can anyone tell me of one console game that had 4 years of playability.

are you serious ? this is the kind of moronic stuff that dumbs forums down to the level of videogame magazines. look. plenty of console games have lasted a long time. People still regularly play halo 1 for god sakes. I still play ICO for ps2, and ###### i play games on my 2600 from time to time. the problem is with people falling in love with platforms, YES ghost recon started on the pc and it was great, i own it too. But it was no where close to what i would call popular. That goes to rogue spear and the like. I dont know sales numbers or anything, but i believe ghostrecon was a pretty big success but it wasnt what you make it out to be, i love GR1 but face it, it has some pretty big flaws, every game eventually shows its flaws. they are not perfect, its code. lets stop treating these games as if they are perfect, they all have their pluses and minuses. i love GR1 and i love Summit strike, does that make me an easy sell because i love the xbox version too. no it doesnt. Look, i am hoping all versions kick ass, we will just have to see.

Actually it was one a year between the PC and console, remeber GR1 was supposed to be an Xbox launch title, but the consoles launch was delayed. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, not only one person feels that the PC gamers are owed something. I actually feel that way myself, but when you take a cold, hard look at it you can see why things are the way they are. The game industry is going in a certain direction, big companies, and big money. Companies like UBI need to make back the money they spend on development costs, marketing, licensing etc. These companies need to focus on the larger market, PC's aren't and haven't been for a very long time. Even when GR1 PC was released the PC platform was lagging well behind in market share and the void has continued to grow.

But honestly us PC folks look to be getting the better end of the deal this time, a game built specically for the PC, no other platform will see what we see.

Actually it was one a year between the PC and console, remeber GR1 was supposed to be an Xbox launch title, but the consoles launch was delayed.  I know everyone is entitled to their opinions, not only one person feels that the PC gamers are owed something.  I actually feel that way myself, but when you take a cold, hard look at it you can see why things are the way they are.  The game industry is going in a certain direction, big companies, and big money. Companies like UBI need to make back the money they spend on development costs, marketing, licensing etc. These companies need to focus on the larger market, PC's aren't and haven't been for a very long time. Even when GR1 PC was released the PC platform was lagging well behind in market share and the void has continued to grow.

But honestly us PC folks look to be getting the better end of the deal this time, a game built specically for the PC, no other platform will see what we see.

exactly well put. i think i might buy it for both 360 and pc. may sound stupid but, i think they look to be so different its like different games. doublemint pleasure and all. i am a bit dissappointed that ubi didnt feature ghostrecon more at X05 though. i mean on a lot of site i have seen where they do polls, GRAW for 360 is always in the top 5 for popularity and interest. But i got the feeling by the amount of coverage for GRAW when compared to perfect dark, or others was that GRAW was in the back somewhere, being overshadowed by UBI's Splinter Cell 4 annoucement. I wanted a bit more info and gameplay videos.

Edited by OPSIXDELTA

So far it looks good.

Love the sniper zoom scope, smoke trails is a no no tho, just looks unrealistic, maybe just soften the effect a bit.

Liked the movement when he clambers over the wall, nice and smooth.I felt the controls seemed a little disjointed when he tried to turn through 180 degrees, maybe just the controller or the video capture, i dunno.

As for the 1100 possible multiplayer game modes, Whoaaaa thats way too many man, i'm all for the idea of player created gamestyles but you've got to limit it in someway otherwise the multiplayer experience will bomb because people will just not be able to relate to it.What gametype we playing?? **** knows!!, how do you play that?? Dunno!! ... catch my drift......

While I am a PC gamer, that does not mean I can't comment on the console versions and no one will see me mistake one for the other. I know what platform the recently released vidoes are for.

That in turn is what drives my comments and questions. I know that those trails from the rounds are not in the PC version or that the colored outlines for that matter, yet even after repeated requests to dump them, RSE still implemented them as though the people who will be playing GRAW for X360 are kids.

There are so many people who wanted what the original offered, yet those very gamers (I would say that many of the console gamers here are 25+ easy) are getting something that 15 year old Halo players will like. I am trying not to speculate on how GRAW for X360 will play, it is obvious as to what the gameplay will be like.

"That in turn is what drives my comments and questions. I know that those trails from the rounds are not in the PC version or that the colored outlines for that matter, yet even after repeated requests to dump them, RSE still implemented them as though the people who will be playing GRAW for X360 are kids."

Exactly!!! :wall:

I will (or will not) be playing this game on the 360.

"That in turn is what drives my comments and questions. I know that those trails from the rounds are not in the PC version or that the colored outlines for that matter, yet even after repeated requests to dump them, RSE still implemented them as though the people who will be playing GRAW for X360 are kids."

Exactly!!!  :wall:

I will (or will not) be playing this game on the 360.

i will say that i have seen 2 additional single player 360 videos and 1 multiplayer videos of graw and they DID NOT have the smoke trails nor did they have the hype color tie dyed zoom colors and such. maybe they are options and maybe they are temporary , or even put in there for some other reason. not sure.

While I am a PC gamer, that does not mean I can't comment on the console versions and no one will see me mistake one for the other. I know what platform the recently released vidoes are for.

That in turn is what drives my comments and questions. I know that those trails from the rounds are not in the PC version or that the colored outlines for that matter, yet even after repeated requests to dump them, RSE still implemented them as though the people who will be playing GRAW for X360 are kids.

There are so many people who wanted what the original offered, yet those very gamers (I would say that many of the console gamers here are 25+ easy) are getting something that 15 year old Halo players will like. I am trying not to speculate on how GRAW for X360 will play, it is obvious as to what the gameplay will be like.

hey white knight, do you feel like after talking to the guys from GRIN in your interview and what you have seen lately of the 360 version, (made by a different group i know) that you still have a lot of confidence in the pc version. Just curious as to your thoughts, i am still undecided really on which one to get pc or 360

I really hope GRAW will follow the way to GR1 and different to GR2.

GR got famous with his 1st versions (it-ds) and people want to play GR1 with best graphics and maps.

GR2 is different than GR1. GR2 is not the same kind of game of GR1 it is just another game as can be Battlefield 2....

WE WANT GR1 IMPROVED AND WE DON'T WANT A NEW GAME (LIKE GR2).

WE WANT ONE SHOT ONE KILL

WE WANT 1ST PERSON VIEW

WE WANT A REAL GAME LIKE IF YOU GET FIRED YOU DONT HAVE TO KNOW WHERE THE BULLETS COME FROM!!!!

IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND IT????

I think we will not enjoy a game like GR1 never ever... developers died GR's spirit.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Edited by reconfan

I really hope GRAW will follow the way to GR1 and different to GR2.

GR got famous with his 1st versions (it-ds) and people want to play GR1 with best graphics and maps.

GR2 is different than GR1.  GR2 is not the same kind of game of GR1 it is just another game as can be Battlefield 2....

WE WANT GR1 IMPROVED AND WE DON'T WANT A NEW GAME (LIKE GR2).

WE WANT ONE SHOT ONE KILL

WE WANT 1ST PERSON VIEW

WE WANT A REAL GAME LIKE IF YOU GET FIRED YOU DONT HAVE TO KNOW WHERE THE BULLETS COME FROM!!!!

IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND IT????

I think we will not enjoy a game like GR1 never ever... developers died GR's spirit.

:nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:

just to say, alot of people comment on the ots vs. fps view, GR2 and Summit Strike both had the first person view mode that you can choose by default. As well as in multiplayer you could make your server a FPS only server so no one was allowed to go OTS, .lets give it that at least. just an F.Y.I

please good lord. The kill Cam ?? what in the name of all that's holy has happend to this series that we all loved. The kill Cam will kill Clan matches. Bad idea guys. What's the point of being a sniper and finding a good spot if the "kill Cam" is going to expose you whenever your going to get a kill. Who makes these decisions? What happend. Come one guys. Everybody wants the addictive, ultra dry , 1 shot kill sim style game play that made the [Ghost Recon] so fun and addictive. The first game sold extremely well and was in the top 10 for years on Xbox live. It offered something different from the spray and pray unrealistic games out there. Why take the series in such an opposite direction?? It's a slap in the face to the people that supported your games.

Kill Cam ?? Colored Outlines?? OTS so I can see around objects?? I guarantee you that if you went back to the feel of the [Ghost Recon] game, with the wonderful work you've done to the visual aspects of the game you would have a Game of the year that would satisfy everyone, and offer a unique gameplay experience not found in other shooters.

please good lord.  The kill Cam ??  what in the name of all that's holy has happend to this series that we all loved.  The kill Cam will kill Clan matches.  Bad idea guys.  What's the point of being a sniper and finding a good spot if the "kill Cam" is going to expose you whenever your going to get a kill.  Who makes these decisions?  What happend.  Come one guys.  Everybody wants the addictive, ultra dry , 1 shot kill sim style game play that made the [Ghost Recon] so fun and addictive.  The first game sold extremely well and was in the top 10 for years on Xbox live.  It offered something different from the spray and pray unrealistic games out there.  Why take the series in such an opposite direction??  It's a slap in the face to the people that supported your games.

Kill Cam ?? Colored Outlines?? OTS so I can see around objects??  I guarantee you that if you went back to the feel of the [Ghost Recon] game, with the wonderful work you've done to the visual aspects of the game you would have a Game of the year that would satisfy everyone, and offer a unique gameplay experience not found in other shooters.

Amen to that :yes:

Honestly, the game is not that far from being exactly what we all want. From what I've seen, the game engine / physics look just dandy. The envirionments look fun. There's only a few changes that NEED to be made:

-enemy outlining

-projectile tracers

-drones

-Kill Cam

-neon colors

*either drop all of the above or make them optional

-Make the reticule better

Who cares if the technology being implemented in GRAW is used by special forces. Tactics is what made the game popular. Victory was achieved by being the team that functioned together as one. The tactical elements of the game are being destroyed by the features listed above.

Honestly, the game is not that far from being exactly what we all want.  From what I've seen, the game engine / physics look just dandy.  The envirionments look fun.  There's only a few changes that NEED to be made:

-enemy outlining

-projectile tracers

-drones

-Kill Cam

-neon colors

*either drop all of the above or make them optional

-Make the reticule better

Who cares if the technology being implemented in GRAW is used by special forces.  Tactics is what made the game popular.  Victory was achieved by being the team that functioned together as one.  The tactical elements of the game are being destroyed by the features listed above.

the only thing i would completely disagree with would be the use of drones. i see this as a nice move forward for this tactical series and an interesting move forward for all FPS games. One thing you have to realize is that special forces ever since vietnam, have been using things like this. Only instead of drones maybe green beret a-teams in cambodia were using indeginous forces as a tactical tool. Or maybe the way navy seals in beirut relied on intelligence from keyhole satellites , then using those coordinates and markers to direct off shore artillery barrages when they were in a jam. this is not future stuff, just tools that these teams use to tip the odds in their favor. Special forces are resourceful and brave, but read any of the books from those men, all the way from the 50's to last year and most will say they will take any advantage they can get. I think they could be both a reliance and a hinderance in battle. that makes for some interesting play if you ask me, the other stuff i agree with though

Edited by OPSIXDELTA

Co-op fans are going to be happy to learn that Advanced Warfighter does support 4 players over Xbox Live for play in four exclusive missions that take place after the single-player campaign. Rather than throw four players through a variation of the original campaign, these cooperative missions have been designed to full take advantage of the squad tactics and interaction. It’s very similar to what Ubisoft did for Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The question is, will the co-op missions become more popular than the single-player campaign? Advanced Warfighter will support downloadable content, and we imagine this will include new co-op missions, as well as character customization items.

A view from the roof tops.

We also took part in a 2-on-2 elimination match on the Rocky Cove map, to get a feel for the multiplayer component. Taking a page from Rainbow Six: Lockdown, customization is gonna be big in Advanced Warfighter. Players will be able to choose from various classes (snipers, grenadiers, etc.), alter physical attributes like face, clothing, gear, weapons, and so on. This also holds true for the game types, as there are thousands of options to tweak in order to meet your needs. Like in the other game modes, the PiP window will allow you cycle through the vantage point of your teammates. Obviously we only had one other soldier to utilize, but it was still a sweet feature. Moving throughout the shore line, we were able to traverse the coves, thanks to our teammate’s camera, for a few kills. Online multiplayer is currently slated to support 16 players over Xbox Live and with the game being pushed back to Q1 2006, we expect that it shouldn’t be a problem for Ubisoft to meet this.

The Outlook

We fully expect Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter to come through with flying colors despite being slightly disappointed in the graphics. To be honest, disappointed is probably the wrong word to use. What we saw in-game during X05 is closer to what we expected; a prettier, more advanced version of the series. When it all comes down to it, it won’t be the visuals that will make Advanced Warfighter “next-genâ€, but the gameplay enhancements, especially in the online arena. With a slight delay, Ubisoft is poised to have one of THE killer titles of 2006 for the Xbox 360.

This artical does answer a lot of questions that you guys are asking.

It also looks like some one is bending over backwards to try and satisfy all of you.

But we know this will never happen.

I'm upset the most about co-op. I have always enjoyed playing co-op offline with the GR xbox series. It has been reported that there will only be 4 co-op offline missions to start with. Usually, you can not count on downloadable content from developers. So to say more co-op missions will be on the way isn't a good enough reason to buy this game for split screen co-op. I would like some clarification on this area. SO if anyone has more details about the offline co-op be sure to share them.

If they include silly garbage like laser tracers and glow-in-the-day enemies for the benefit of the kiddies, so be it. Make a buck. I just hope that they are smart enough to realize what is at stake for the franchise and provide serious players with the option of shutting off that junk or at least the modability to eliminate it and other distracting HUD elements altogether.