Gamespot: "Hands on with GRAW 360"

OPSIXDELTA

to be honest with you i am a ghost recon classic fan, however i really loved summit strike, and will be playing it tonight. I will buy the 360 GRAW simply because i believe from what the developers say about online customization that you will be able to taylor the game to your liking, for example the diamonds, and other stuff. the gameplay videos on IGN.com, i though looked pretty awesome. I am still excited about this game, and i do think we should be cautious of reviews of the game based on a 10min play through on a build that may or maynot be old. who knows. i will know when the game is in my hand. but my excitement for the game is still there. they said it will be similar to summit strike and that gets me itching to kill people .......in a good way of course.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: Only four player co-op online

Only four player co-op was supported in GR2.

I dunno if we're talking about the same thing, but I've played Summit Strike Coop on xblive with 5 other team members. It seemed like 16 players was the max, but I only had 6 in my game. Anyways, could someone clarify please? Thanks.

-kb

Where did this idea of only one article causing the problem, come from? Some people might be basing their disgust from just this one article, but I am basing it off of many new gameplay videos and reports recently created. A matter of fact, watch these 2 new videos and tell me you aren’t disgusted with what you see...

VIDEOS

One should have seen my face or rather been inside my head to read my thoughts when I saw those trails from the rounds headed downrange. Almost like blaster rifles from Star Wars.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen trails like that from any weapon I ever fired. Do new weapons like the XM8 or SCAR do that?

Anyhow, I will not say anymore about the other obvious arcade style playing or features. Seems like a repeat of Lockdown is about to happen with GRAW.

One should have seen my face or rather been inside my head to read my thoughts when I saw those trails from the rounds headed downrange. Almost like blaster rifles from Star Wars.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never seen trails like that from any weapon I ever fired. Do new weapons like the XM8 or SCAR do that?

Anyhow, I will not say anymore about the other obvious arcade style playing or features. Seems like a repeat of Lockdown is about to happen with GRAW.

Exactly!!

And bullets have smoke trails? Come on.

And bullets have smoke trails? Come on.

Intrestingly you don't see them in MP; the RSE side of the game.

Where is the MP footage? I can't seem to find it on any of the mentioned pages.

I think this is single play footage, but it shows the smoke trails.

Link

The videos are titled:

"X05: Advanced Warfare (Off-Screen)"

and

"X05: It's Gotta Be the Gun (Off-Screen)"

It might take a few times to actually get the videos to stream. I think their server is suffering from the ammount of users on.

That video was just put up today too.

OTS is still a way to see around objects from the looks of things as the view switched to the right of the player when the object was on the left. I was led to believe that the GRAW OTS view was supposed to stop people from being able to cheat by seeing around objects, yet there it is.

Why was it imperative that 2 studios create different parts of a game for one system? Why not stick to the tried and true method of one development studio creating a game for all platforms with the same gameplay styles for all of them? GR was wonderous for the PC and consoles, yet the recent console versions of RSE games seem to be far from their roots? Is RSE that short of staff that work needs to be farmed out?

I found this nice little statement on the Ubi forums:

It Looks like rainbowsix:lockdown in third person with big open maps. Exactly. I even heard in that developer interview there is classes? Did they hear that 98% of people HATED LOCKDOWN?

People have returned the XBox version of Lockdown in droves as it stunk so bad gameplay wise (I know I didn't like the way it played when I tried it). Along with the bugs, LD wasn't a game that people wanted.

Hey all. Great site. Seems that everyone here is an intelligent and well informed gamer.

About 3 years ago, I had some extra cash and bought an Xbox. I never found the time to play it, as I wasn't really into gaming. Then I discovered the GR series and everything changed. I really fell in love with Xbox Live, but mostly the ultra-realistic qualities of Ghost Recon. I've preordered a 360 and GRAW, but now I don't know what to do. It is pretty clear that the realistic elements of Ghost Recon have been thrown out the window. All these bright colors are driving me nuts. The OTS view is ridiculous. Smoke trails. Kill Cam!!!! Seriously, who is making these bone-headed decisions? :wall:

They're really not giving me any reason to look forward to this game.

Well, look, i wouldnt get real excited about operation flashpoint. At least on pc, it was a fun game, and i thought in the larger sense it was an acurate depiction of war circa 20 years ago. However on a smaller scale alot of things in that game were really rough, unrealistic, and buggy. maybe that is fixed , we'll see.

i will say that a buddy of mine used to work at a game studio and that when they did games for these type of shows etc they would sometimes, change the color of the hud, or tweak certain aspects of the game so that it gave a better performance to the trade show crowd, and that it would be fixed for retail release, i hope that is happening here.

a good example is in the perfect dark zero gameplay movies, there are actually arrows on the ground showing you where to go. they have said that those will be turned off by default when the game ships.

Well First thing i have heard was that there are 4 coop only missions...Kinda like in SCCT the coop mode. So i bet that that the amount of players will still be able to be up'ed. I would also venture to imagine that you will be able to turn off the IFF line in GR2 and GR2:SS. Also I have seen some research on new technology based in the near future that will use a similar type of indication of Friend or Foe that will be based off of nanotechnology, so who knows maybe sometime in the future we will have Glow in the Day Terrorists. :P

But i have to agree with all of you in here in saying that it is a sad turn that the series has taken from the Original GR1 days to what has become. It will be interesting to see what happens on the PC version of the game in comparision. But i have to say there are things about the newer versions are better and make the game a fun experiance. But along with all of you i wished they would make it a more tatically sound, less run and gun style.

But i have to agree with all of you in here in saying that it is a sad turn that the series has taken from the Original GR1 days to what has become. It will be interesting to see what happens on the PC version of the game in comparision.  But i have to say there are things about the newer versions are better and make the game a fun experiance. But along with all of you i wished they would make it a more tatically sound, less run and gun style.

The PC version is different from the console versions and will be more tactical.

doesn't anyone think it's silly to make decisions based off the console version?  ubi, rse, grim, whiteknight, your mom and my can of RC cola have repeatedly said that the PC version will be a completely different game, catering to the original crowd ... which, ironically enough, is immediately shunning it.

no offense intended, but you guys are coming off like spoiled brats.  you can read multiple positive reviews, see screenshots showing features you've asked for, read interviews that confirm this will be the type of game you want ... and then one article that isn't up to your standards turns you off the series forever?  if that's how it is, maybe you SHOULD be playing another game.

now i'm going to go dig the cactus needles out of my ankle and arm.  i knew i never should've put one in my house.

amen to that.

I have to admit I shocked too some members of the PC community reaction to this. :blink:

It's been clear from the outset that the PC version & xbox version were going to be radicaly different. the xbox version aimed at a more action/run & gun style & the PC was giong to be tactical.

I'm still excited about every thing I hear/Read about the new PC GRAW version.

keep it up Grin :thumbsup: & don't let the ######**s put you down.

:angry: Only four player co-op online

Only four player co-op was supported in GR2.

:angry: Different co-op missions for online (have they spent a lot of quality resources on these?) 

Only if you consider the guys and gals that made the Summit Strike maps & missions "quality resources".

Thanks for the response Serellan. A quick follow up.

Sure "only 4 palyer co-op was supported in GR2." Heck, only two player co-op was supported. But so was up to 16 player co-op. Is there confusion about split-screen on the same xbox/360, versus how many people can be on a mission online?

I will very much miss being able to play co-op missions with a large number of my friends (up to 16). Will firefight, defend or other such co-op games allow more than four players?

As to the second point. I apoligize if it came off as the talent was not good. I should have been more clear. I was referring to the amount of time and testing that was able to be put into those maps, as opposed to having the single player maps available for online missions, as per GR2 and SS.

Thanks again for taking the time to check in on the forums. It is good to know you have seen our concerns.

Edited by Cons72