Has anyone noticed the poor relationship between

I think it's probably a combination of weapon sway, which static shots can't portray, with the ret looking off as it would make some people seasick if the ret bounced around with the swaying weapon.

The ret is where the weapon would be targeting, if the actor stopped moving. At least that's how I interpret it.

The weapon probably sways, like in the videos.

This sight should still be aligned properly.

If the reticle moved with the animation of the sway, then you'd never be able to hit anything. Generally such movement is just eye candy and doesn't relate to the position of the reticle. As soon as the player fires, the weapon should snap back into place.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

• 2 weeks later...

These shots are real early stuff, lots of room for improvemnet, and yes try adjusting the monitor.

Before this topic goes into another console pc debate keep it out.

All gamers want the same thing in the end a good game that lasts the distance of time.

GRAW looks like it will do that. On all platforms

These are PC screens.

But I dont see the big deal, It seems to me like it was a compromise needed to suit the game. If the gun was aimed "correctly", It would block more of the screen, part of the hud, and flat out just not look as pretty. This is such a small detail that it just does not bug me. As long as the rets go where I want it to and it hits the target, Im good!

You always see this in fpwv. The ret reflects the place shots will be aimed when firing. While not firing, gameplay-unrelated weapon sway will place the rifle's aim off from the ret sometimes.

Nothing looks wrong if you actually play, or see video.

I've seen this in other first person shooters, notably Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty. The next time you're at a range, aim at a target and then move your head to your natural rest position. I guarantee you that you will think that your barrel is no longer pointed at the target, even if you were able to keep it from moving when you moved your head. Art majors call it perspective. Your eyes think you're looking straight down the sights, but in reality, you're looking at an angle to your barrel. There is nothing wrong in the screenies

I've seen this in other first person shooters, notably Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty. The next time you're at a range, aim at a target and then move your head to your natural rest position. I guarantee you that you will think that your barrel is no longer pointed at the target, even if you were able to keep it from moving when you moved your head. Art majors call it perspective. Your eyes think you're looking straight down the sights, but in reality, you're looking at an angle to your barrel. There is nothing wrong in the screenies

Agreed.

Unless the ret moving is a form of the pips we are used to in GR, basically indicating the inaccuracy of the weapon because of movement, I would not be pleased. Since Golden Eye, the ret has been fixed in the center of the screen, and the look feature allows you to move it, and so should it be. I brought this up long ago, when those first screens came out which turned out to not be PC. I noticed that the ret was not in the center of the screen and for me that sends up a flag. The first thing I thought was, auto aim. In RvS, the ret moves about only when auto aim is on. The rest of the time it is static. Since these screens are from the devs, they may be using cheats at least some of the time, and that may be the case in the(very limited number of) screenies we have seen. I hope so, because I don't want my ret wandering around the screen. The center of the screen is my aimpoint, I want it to remain there. It's similar to shooting from the hip or something. Having the ret in the center allows you to focus on what is directly in front of you with your weapon. I could see having the vision and the weapon seperate, if there was a way to control it, maybe two mice and a foot controller. LMAO