Show me your Weapons!

Razors-3Dge

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is fairly early progress on the next weapon in line, this one requested by Warhawk.

dimaco-c8-2.jpg

dimaco-c8-3.jpg

It does use the HK416 as a base with parts removed and some new parts added. I've just started working on texturing the new parts.

Snow

:D

Thanks guys.

Here's the ingame shots of it...still need to darken some of the textures slightly though.

diemaco-game.jpg

diemaco2-game.jpg

Somehow seems like I'm on a roll when it comes to modeling lately, never think I've been able to finish off this many high detail models and textures this quick before.

Unfortunately not :( There is no ^LefthandPoint in VBS1 as there is in GR and the only way to alter handplacement of the characters are making custom animations. It's just to much work to do for one weapon...that's if I knew how to make new animations and attach them to a weapon model <_<

Hiya,

Nice work so far all. I like the model Snow, but you are rightthe texture does seem a bit light. Also the contrast seems a bit off, but it might be my monitor. You have been getting alot finished lately :). Don't you just love it when you are in a zone, and work just seems to get finished right after another. :yes: . I like how it looks in game also :), but it does seem to wash out the texture a bit, but it seems the engine does that with everything ;) .

Nice M-24 Prozac I like the forms you modeled with it. You kept it consistant :thumbsup: . I can't wait to see the texture for it. Do you think you will go for a camo colour or normal? Also do you think that you might add a bit of ghuille strips to the gun? Heh I have always loved that look. Any way good job all hoping I will get more to get some crits from soon :whistle: . But for now back to bed heh.

As always take care, be safe, and farewell

aethalin

^._.^ meow!

Yeah...I kinda forgot to darken the texture down the regular -30 before taking it ingame :oops:

I'm also getting some strange mipmap problems with lower res mipmap's getting used even in first person view, can't explain exactly why that would happen but hoping that I'll find a sollution to it.

Part of the washout of colour could very well be my settings combined with the fact that as VBS1 runs at around +30 in brightness any screenshots end up very dark outside of VBS1...means I've had to brighten those screens up with PS and that almost always wash things out even more. :(

Hiya,

DOH! that is not good, but heh I think taht we all have made about the same mistake one time or another :whistle: .

Hmmm mipmap problem could be how the engine is seeing the file, maybe they are to close to being the same file name wise. Also it could be how it was exported. I know sometimes Max loves to export a file wierd :wall: .

It still looks good, so I will just have to see it in game instead of screens :D . Unfortunately it happens to much. Does the engine change the contrast much?

Well good job anyway, I wish that I was working as fast right now :( . Ever have those times where you over work areas of a texture to death, and know you are doing it, but continue just the same? This is a good thread, hopefully there will be one for the vehicle area and figure modeling :). It gives a good amount of inspiration and reference, and you cna never have to much reference. :thumbsup:

As awlays take care, be safe, and farewell

aethalin

^._.^ meow!