New Map "The Maze" Near completion

BornToKill

Heres some shots from my Maze Map, that should be released in the next month.

Just adding the final touches, then the lighting solution which should bring it to life.

Should be beta testing in the next week or so.So all being well will be ready for ya!!

Designed as a multiplayer, 3 level CQB map with scope for sniping with plenty of cover. Will not be brilliant for AI, but works pretty well.Present poly count is 75,000, frame rates have been ok too.

Let me know what ya think so far.

shots.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very good BTK, still I miss the lighting but I know that will be good aswell! Nice details in the rooms and that ladder looks interesting. Is that the one you can walk up as you told about a long time ago?

Yup you can climb the ladders, have to lower them first using the rope(Action button) then you can climb them.Also Doors at bottom of spiral stairs in the towers are opened by a remote button set in the wall.There are some good sniping spots on the outerwalkway that runs all the way around the maze on the 3rd level.

I have put collision barriers on the fencing of the bridges so you can shoot where you can see thru and not where you can't.

Also lots of bushes to take cover in.

Planks connecting areas on the upper walls so you can cross over or jump off onto the lower level without getting wounded, if someone starts shooting at you!!

Edited by BornToKill_TAW

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE :-

Just to let you know progress,

I've been adding about 500 shrubs/weeds/grasses and increased the volume of trees to 200 to create a better enviroment.

Also reworking some of the textures i didn't like.

Added some more detailed objects and done some polygon reduction (64,000) total. (excluding shermanlevels/transitions/portals etc as these don't count as rendered polys).

Working on 2 enviroments and lighting solutions 1) Day-Rain+Fog and 2) Dusk-Clear +less Fog.

Will post some updated screenies soon.

Heres some shots from my Maze Map, that should be released in the next month.

Just adding the final touches, then the lighting solution which should bring it to life.

Should be beta testing in the next week or so.So all being well will be ready for ya!!

Designed as a multiplayer, 3 level CQB map with scope for sniping with plenty of cover. Will not be brilliant for AI, but works pretty well.Present poly count is 75,000, frame rates have been ok too.

Let me know what ya think so far.

If map work as great as it looks? It is going to make one hell of a mission or mulity playing good luck :rocket: