how to get better

ive had this game almost a year and a half or more and i still feel like a noob getting "owned" by ppl that use support and OICW and almost any gun especially snipers :angry: anyone got any tips or spmething i really suck with snipers and half the guns dont zoom half as far as the normal weapons...i mean like in mods..

Guest snipe21

To [MtX]inuyasha,

If I can add my 2 cents worth and from it you can take out what you wish.

To start of with when I started gaming with GR I set myself some rules and never strayed from them with online gaming against real humans. I have at all times regardless of the host server set-up had "IFF" set to off. This will in the long run improve your skills above those that play with either "names/reticule" on. I also never use sensors as that is the biggest bad habit someone new to the game could adopt as it make you reliant on the command map and not your own eyes for situation awareness.

I also made a rule and to this day never use M136 as a anti personal clearing weapon and never use the OICW with the grenade launcher. Using the OICW without the GL is fine. Using the GL makes you get in the habit of firing of nads for trying to kill your opponent but realistically all you do it give your position away if you have no understanding of how to obtain a direct hit with the GL. My weapon I always used was the M16 and then moving onto the M4, why did I use those weapons? The reason being is you have less zoom thus forcing you to be more observant both with terrain and also forcing you to adapt a gaming style of not run and gun because of the limited zoom. Doing this then made your search out cover and move to locations that you had scanned and deemed to be safe to move too.

I also adopt the single shot weather running or walking for if you need to take aim and shoot that single shot will find the target far better than a weapon on auto. Use auto to clear buildings or door ways but return back to single shot. If your concerned about a possible threat then reframe from running and walk as your weapon reticule then closes making for a tight first couple of rounds to be fired and in most cases will hit your target.

I cant stress this enough to learn your keyboard layout and have the best possible set-up that you can and when it comes to looking around corners use that peek key and learn the shuffle key as that will keep you alive if you can master those. Remember that if your walking you can hear your own foot steps so can the enemy if that's the case. You must learn to decide when to use the shuffle key when a threat is close so your own movement isn't heard thus giving you an edge. Learn to spot the enemy and at the same time go prone while firing upon the target this limiting the surface area for your opponent to return fire and hit his target.

This is just a small amount of points that you should look at and take from it what you will. If you would like me to send you a 4 page intro to the secrets of gaming with GR then by all means send me a private message here in the forums and supply your email and I would be happy to do that for you. It's heavy reading but it works if you apply the things I talk about to any online gaming with GR.

Mark

Learn from ur mistakes. If u die, think a minute why did u die. If u did something stupid dont do it again.

Flanking is the most effective way to kill enemies. Find a good way in a map and use it to flank the enemy. Often people just run stupid in the center of the map or some other key place trying to get kills and end up dead. If u want to stay alive always avoid the center of the map since most hostile are there. Its better to hit them from rear or side rather than head on where u might lack the skill to take out ur enemy fast. Tho sometimes its advantageous to attack in the center (if its a weak spot) and cut the enemy in half and attack their rear.

Moving in the forrest stealthy is a skill that only few master. Main thing is to use the bushes and trees for concealment. Always move so that there is something infornt of u to conceal ur movement. When u get to ur bush check ur flanks and stay behind the bush, dont expose urself to snipers. then repeat this and u should be able to advance without enemies being able to spot u. Always use forrest areas and avoid going in the open. It requires practice, but I hope u get the idea from my confusing text.

well most people I think would say the way to get better is to pratice but i think that either your good or your not :snipe: and when u say that u suck when u use a sniper ....well u should see me when i use 1 lol lets just say that i have never gotten a kill w/ a sniper but when u give ma and OICW i kick AZZ :devil:

Edited by <|SWaW|>weed

Stand in the out in the open, fire in long bursts, stay in the same place for the whole duration of the mission/match etc, purposely waste rounds - when the enemy is down fire a few extra shots at the now dead enemy for good measure, when you getting shot at by a sniper, fire continuously until you used all the bullets in you clip into the all of the nearest bushes, use bazooka/grenades to take out one enemy NOT a group of enemies....

Well that's all I'll say for now, those tactics I just took from Team Rambo (not Team Rainbow, but Team Rambo....gettit?) Team Rambo guarantee that their tactics are 100% foolproof and work every time....

firstly ,,watch way out in the distance and see them before they see you ,,

use some kind of shoot and move,,,stand around and you'll be shot for sure,,look for cover everywhere,,peek around corners quickly and don't make yourself a target,, If you don't know any tactic''s then you'd probably want to read up on it ,, just a simple note : time on target

you don't have all day to pump a couple rounds into that baddies hiding behind the wall,,,take em out with the first round,,,know where you are at all times on the map ,,explore the maps ,,,time is valuable

I'm surprised nobody else said it yet, but, do your dossier missions!

They teach you different skills, put you in different situations and teach you how to use different soldiers.

Helped me out with MY game alot!

Also unlocks maps, soldiers and weapons (for those that don't cheat and use codes <_< )

Dont play like me:

"Bravo to squad leader, enemy spotted. Permission to fire?"

"OHMFIGG IC UT JOOLZ FOO!!!!"

"Uhh, come again squad leader?"

"I WANA CSAT "MAIGC MISSEL"!"

"Alpha, have you gone insane?"

"I WYNNNNNN LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!"

--Harrm

Since no one has mentioned it, here's my 2 cents: When playing online ,be an observer for a few games,look through the eyes of other players you consider to be good players,ie... the one s that stay alive the longest.They stay alive because they know something and use tactics others don't. And as others have said ,practice,and move slow. Also,if you haven't,take snipe21 up on his offer.Good luck,happy gaming

Well i tell you something about me and my gaming experience. My favourite gun is the VZ.58 , i know it sounds crazy and i am realy the only one with that gun on Ubi. But i feel good with that gun and I am also good in Multyplayer games. I think it is because I know that that gun isn't a good gun ( now i am meaning rate of fire, accurancy and that stuff) but i know that an because that i know that i have to play with tactic . so wait for the best moment and then flank . don t do it like RAmbo , or Terminator :D

Private B Posted: Feb 6 2004, 05:01 

use cover, move slowly, and try to blend in with your surroundings...thats all i can say for now

And carry a very large weapon while doing so ( or a cornish hen ;) )

Private B Posted: Feb 6 2004, 05:01 

use cover, move slowly, and try to blend in with your surroundings...thats all i can say for now

And carry a very large weapon while doing so ( or a cornish hen ;) )

or yeah, the larger the better, or the more chicken-like the better :P

inuyasha,Feb 6 2004, 12:58 ] well i meant against sniper i suck cause they are cowards! :devil:

:rant: i take offence at this, i (as my tag suggests mostly play sniper) and if you ask the people who play with me they'll tell you i'm no coward and just because a person chooses to take shots from a distance doesn't mean they're a coward it takes a lot of skill to be a good sniper in this game also try it, you might like it :rant:

*at the time of posting i'd had no sleep in the past 30 odd hours*

Try and be silenced when possible; for for silence, only

use the M4 SOCOM, as the Mp5-SD suckx majorly, taking almost a full mag to down a tango unless nearly point blank with a head-shot.

Also it is a must, go extremely slow in GR; for me,

I've only had GR, and played, for about five months and I still

have problems with the going slow part, because

I came from Rogue Spear were fast equaled more likely to success,

where the entire gaming style was "Strike lightning-fast, don't die"

Now its "Slower than a snail, possibly live" in GR,

so you see the problems I myself face.

I must agree with whom said it above (to lazy to look back),

and I suggest you use the M-16 or M4.

If you must have an assault rifle with more zoom, you can always

use the SA80, although the M4 or M-16 is probably better in

the long run, as whom said it above, stated the reasons.

I dont think going slow is effective. When I play I go very fast and try to hit the enemy in the side and rear and confusing them. If u go slow u will be noticed since movement is easy to detect... so when u move, move fast. If snipers are still ur problem first think u gotta know is their advantages and weaknesses.

Snipers are hard to spot. They can kill u from a distance where u cant really see with bare eyes and hit the target with first bullet with an assault rifle. They are concealed, accurate and deadly.

They do have weaknesses also. They dont move alot and they are extremely vulnerable when moving. They stay put most of the time and often stare at one point of the map which closes their field of vision. Best way to deal with them is to avoid them or hitting their side or rear where they wont often expect u. U better learn the best sniping positions in the map and avoid them.

If a sniper is engaging u and misses the first shot the best way to survive is evade the bullets and run for cover. Snipers have really tough time hitting moving targets and when u move ur mouse rapidly the sniper will see u "lagging" and often wont hit u.

I suggest you use the worst weapon or one that isn't very practical.

For example, taking a Z84 on a outdoor map is asking for trouble. While they may not prove practical you can become better by learning skills from using them.

You'd be amazed how much better your shot can be when you know you have to hit them or else they will get you. Also taking a weapon such as the Z84 means you have to be cautious and more aware of your surroundings since they can out gun you.

As easy as it is to use a grenade laucher a hand grenade can do the job just as well if you know where to toss and how to ''bank'' them off objects.(something I pretend I don't know how to :whistle: ) ''oops sorry for the tk :shifty: ''

Possibly dedicate a day or few days to playing one role only.

I played as sniper only for 3 days straight even on small maps like training and market place. You can learn good pistol skills and how to take a shot then avoid detection(not always easy).Of course playing alot of pistol only games can raise your pistol skills.

Thats all I can think of right now.

If all else fails do what I do, go crazy with full auto AK47 and support. :o=violent-smiley-017.gif___violent-smiley-059.gif

You'd be amazed how much better your shot can be when you know you have to hit them or else they will get you. Also taking a weapon such as the Z84 means you have to be cautious and more aware of your surroundings since they can out gun you.

This actually makes sense....

a lot of great suggestions in here :)

some of the ones I see that helped me are:

--Know the map. If you have some good working knowledge of the map, you can understand the gametypes better... In adversarial, you know how far to run from spawn before you have to belly down. Find the low-spots on the map, use these to move, as it protects you from being spotted. Learn where the choke-points are...

--Play various roles. If you play sniper for a bit, you can find some popular "hides" that the snipers can take advantage of, file that info away, and avoid those areas next time.

--Learn diff weapons. Some are better than others, but using the "crappy" weps will make you appreciate that 4x zoom later on..

practice practice practice..... :thumbsup: