Rocky

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SI-Prozac

its an arcade game but if an SDK came out for this thing :devil:

major ownage .... graphics superb ...

i did get a weired rock glitch and character glitch thoe....

where some polys of there skin didnt light up and was a darker shade of black..... nothing a patch cant fix thoe. and this is just a demo ne ways =P

it uses a lot of LOD models.... but the grass is so thick what disapears in front of u (wich really isnt much) you dont even notice anyways

this will be a pretty fun online game id imagine.... ill wait thoe a month or so after it comes out and see what problems ppl say about it..

or wait untill a patch comes out then get it

Another lame arcade piece of crap. Save your time and bandwidth.

:lol: hey Kurts don't hold back tell us whay you really think. :lol:

LMAO yeh, tell us how it really is bud!

I haven't downloaded it yet, but it looks like a lot of game, but not a GR substitute.

waited like 80 minutes for it

then i got it downloaded and installed in about 45 minutes

with 203kb a sec on my 512/512 digital cable conn.

i like it alot but gr its not

its a different game

and like the fact of picking up weapons

and dropping empty ones off gives me some ideas though

oops ive said to much DAMNIT :wall:

Guest SI-Prozac

:stupid:

yeah if u have slow speeds dont bother downloading the demo just wait and buy it .... :P

Well for,

1. rocky locked my last post on this releash with no clue why?

2. im sorry it was in wrong forme never even noticed this form before its cool!

3. the reason behind my even being late too post the releash was becuase i was playing the multiplayer version (Far Cry) too get over too GR.net too say single player version was out Rocky!

Im sorry too hear i hit a nerve Rocky didnt mean too really, I'm Sorry!

Anyways the single player Rocks and kicks some big time butt!

but anyways the real fun lays in the multiplayer like always!

I have another question; Since you can drop weapons can enemies run out of ammo or even pick up weapons?

[sarcasm]

I didn't know a game where your one man against a entire army would be arcadey. Who would've known? Surely I thought it would be like Rambo where you run around with tons of weapons destroying everything your path.Since thats always realistic.

[/sarcasm]

:P

read the story line of the game its sorta cool lol.........its not in the same style as GR, but there are so many opportunities for stealth and a good laugh, that i think any open minded GR player "could" embrace this game whole heartedly... there are vehicles, but they do not make the game like BF1942, as you cannot use a vehicle all over the map... I reccomend it!

Edited by osokdfgr

its an arcade game but if an SDK came out for this thing :devil:

In the engine demo movie it showed off the editor. Its gonna be the most easiest to use yet most powerful thing out there. You can point and click to create terrain, and place enemies right there, and then play it right in the editor.

That's funny, I've heard ALOT of people who play CoD say exactly what you said about Far Cry (on various forums)....the stupid thing is, CoD IS an arcade game! (actually it's a lame pice of crap....) So one minute they playin arcade games, the next minute they slaggin arcade games off! What's up with that?

Some of you who hate first person weapon views are downloading and playing Far Cry....surely if you hated first person views, you wouldn't play a game with a first person view....don't make sense to me....

Man, I wish I could. Only running 2x AA and 2x AF, with MEDIUM settings in the game options. (Only a GF4 Ti4400)

Once I get a 9800 Pro...

I'm not saying I could play with the setting any higher than low either. What I'm saying is take a look at it, you'll thank me later. Plus, you only need 1 fps to take a screenshot.

While I can't stand most games with a FPWV, there is such thing as an exception to the rule. I will try game demos with it, but more often than not, I really don't like games with a FPWV one bit. CoD is the exception as I mostly use the "iron sights" view and it still takes up some screen real estate.

Guest SI-Prozac

any one else get a weired shadow bug?

mostly on the rocks and characters were polys that were dar black almost just peices... i remember havin this bug back when Splinter cell demo came out... dunno why... but i was also on a geforce ti500 back then.. not a 9800pro

but indoors i got some weired bugs too.... like a giant pixel were missing from parts of screen

Im sorry too hear i hit a nerve Rocky didnt mean too really, I'm Sorry!

I didn't lock it and you didn't hit a nerve.

Again sorry Rocky Super Bob just locked me and didnt say a word!

Now i know, No harm no faul! It just felt Really rude the way it looked was all!

3rd attempt to get this thing.

I don't get it, I download it, and tell it to Save the file to my Data Drive (I:\) but isntead, it wants to save it to C drive which (prior to this post) had only 200M free. So I've wasted 3 hours trying to get this.

Correction, this is my 4th attempt. I tried earlier today and it got stuck at 3% for like 15 minutes (@144KB/S). Odd

This game looks sweet as heck, can't wait to try it out. :D

Budgie's two cents:

Plays like something very similar to the Delta Force series so far. Graphics similar to BHD, and the freedom of movement similar to DF1/2. I got through the (eerily linear) mission on medium and the AI was tough. Not all knowing/seeing, but very good shots when coming around corners. Lousy at long range. They did seem to have slightly more scripted actions than GR. I like having the whole Island to play with. After the demo mission I took a hike around the quarter or so the demo lets you have access to. Nice Island. No live sharks (or crocodiles). Shot a pig in the jungle. No scantily clad native chicks. I think I'm gonna play the whole thing because it promises a non-linear campaign (although as I said the mission was overly scripted) and the freedom to explore the whole island.

3rd attempt to get this thing.

I don't get it, I download it, and tell it to Save the file to my Data Drive (I:\) but isntead, it wants to save it to C drive which (prior to this post) had only 200M free. So I've wasted 3 hours trying to get this.

Correction, this is my 4th attempt. I tried earlier today and it got stuck at 3% for like 15 minutes (@144KB/S). Odd

This game looks sweet as heck, can't wait to try it out. :D

I'll redownload it and put it on our site for you.

I think I'll be okay for the next 10 min, at one point it said 4 min to download, and then it said 14... I'll give it a go. If it doesn't work, I'll PM ya.

EDIT: SB, the download is going now, slower than I had hoped, but should be done in 45. :)

Anyway, I've been watching some videos, and the Crytek engine editor looks sooo sweet! :) With the ability to test what you do right there in the editor, now that is cool!