Who is the most wacked out poster?

Bob The Nailer

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cut my tail off

Oh dear.

Karate Kid, you just need to calm down a little, and think about what you are writing. Just before you hit post, go back and check what you have typed, and see if you would get narked if someone posted that about you.

Approved 16/01/04 21.13

Do you not know what that "tail" line means mag?

Well thats what i thought at first KP. I then later realised that he could mean tail, as in pony tail.

I hope, for KK sakes, that it is the latter! :unsure:

Yeah I think that's what he meant. I haven't seen anyone with a tail for about 10 years. He must live in the boonies or something. It's not even a ponytail, it's just one long piece in the middle of the back (about half an inch wide). Not the whole back like a ponytail might be.

My brother is washing his truck so I'm back. the tail was the source of my power kinda like jedi force powers and it's gone. i'm going to sneak out to the driveway tonight and take it back. i know it's nit any good to me now. i also have a black eye and a scraped knee from my brother. he said when he looks at me he has the urge to smack me around and he thinks it's funny. he said karate is stupid and he'll toughen me up himself becuase he can't stand being related to such a wimp.

One of the problems about Karate and most martial arts is that they are sports, and the techniques you are taught are a waste of time in a real fight. Karate is based on rules and regulations, and on you fighting generally against only one person at the same time using the same techniques and fighting fairly, which will get you killed.

There are some martial arts like Jeet Kune Do, Hapkido, Filipino Kali and PFS that are more relevent to defending yourself against real attacks, than Karate.

If you wish to participate in a sport, than by all means carry on studying Karate, but if you do wish to defend yourself, I suggest you seek other guidance .

One of the problems about Karate and most martial arts is that they are sports, and  the techniques you are taught are a waste of time in a real fight. Karate is based on rules and regulations, and on you fighting generally against only one person at the same time using the same techniques and fighting fairly, which will get you killed.

There are some martial arts like Jeet Kune Do, Hapkido, Filipino Kali and PFS that are more relevent to defending yourself against real attacks, than Karate.

If you wish to participate in a sport, than by all means carry on studying Karate, but if you do wish to defend yourself, I suggest you seek other guidance .

You don't need to look anywhere else for effective defence, of even offensive techniques than the various Karate styles. Take Kyokushinkai for example, that is one seriously effective Karate styles to could have the misfortune to come across.

Karate is not a sport. It was not developed as a sport. It was developed as a Fighting Art, a system of self defence.

Some have taken that and turned it into a sport, but that is not why most people learn Karate. They learn to defend themselves.

The techniques you will learn in a reputable Karate Class are not a "waste of time", they are lethal and extremely effective. Some people like to comfort themselves with the "it's no use in a real fight" come back. I am afraid nothing is further from the truth. Professional coaching applied to a competant student will result in someone who is more than capable of defending themselves.

Karate is not based on rules and regulations, Karate the sport is, Karate the martial art is not.

That's wierd, half my post is missing.

I also said that as far as effective defence (or offence) there is no need to stray from Karate. Some Karate styles are extremely effective, take Kyokushinkai for example, that is one seriously effective Karate style, one that you really do not wish to come up against.

There are classes that specifically train people in Self Defence, that is quite different from Karate, which is an Art and contains so much more than just Self defence techniques. If someone wanted to learn purely self defence and nothing more, I wouldn't send them to a Karate class. If they were looking to condition themselves, and learn an Art, and at the same time learn to defend themselves, then I would suggest Karate.

Disclaimer : Your mileage various enormously depending on which style and which assocaition and which sensei you train with obviously.

To KK, I would suggest something totally different, but that's not my place.

If I had to pick a fight with the muscular guy and the fat guy who knew karate, I'd go with the former. My old bosses son and daughter were UK champions in Karate (at some level, I was never sure what) at one point, I'd like to hear you say that to either of them. I dare you.

@KK: Can you just clarify what your tail is? I still don't get it. And you should sort out your brother, he shouldn't be beating you like that. :nono: Call the police, tell your mother or something. "/reasonableadultmagnumkp mode=off"

KK,

Almost any martial arts training is better than none in a fight. However, you can expect it to take years to build technique, muscle memory, and enough strength and flexibility to be proficient.

Stick with your Karate. I've found that the best system is the one you believe in. And, don't let your brother get you down. I'll be he'll get his girlfriend pregnant soon and have to move out and get a job, so just hang tight. If it doesn't stop and your mom doesn't help, you should talk to a teacher at school about it, or a guidance councilor.

As far as "tails" go, I'm sure KK is talking about a small ponytail that is usually braided and hangs down your back. Perhaps a little rural, but not obscene. ;)

- .:Nightmare:.,Jan 18 2004, 19:57 ]
@ Pyro, I get a strange feeling of de ja vu sometimes.....

Yes, well, if you guys listened to me (I speak the truth at all times), I wouldn't need repeat what I said.

As I said before, the day will come when all of you wished that you had listened to me.

What'd I miss here? Lemme in!

My brother is washing his truck so I'm back. the tail was the source of my power kinda like jedi force powers and it's gone. i'm going to sneak out to the driveway tonight and take it back. i know it's nit any good to me now. i also have a black eye and a scraped knee from my brother. he said when he looks at me he has the urge to smack me around and he thinks it's funny. he said karate is stupid and he'll toughen me up himself becuase he can't stand being related to such a wimp.

If he gave you a real black eye then you should do something about it. That happening once between brothers is something to look back on and laugh but it sounds like a bad pattern is developing here with him. Take a picture or something in case things get worse so you have some credible evidence of this happening before. If your mom really doesn't show any interest in stopping what has been happening then can you say something to your dad? Is he around? Hope he eases up on the computer lock down as well KK. :thumbsup::ninja:

this thread is disturbing :blink:

its gone from some humours thing, toa screaming match betwen KK and XO and all the moderatrs and admin and stuff, to a discussion about domestic violence and kk.

I think it needs to be burnt, and the ashes buryed under 3 foot of lead

this thread is disturbing :blink:

its gone from some humours thing, toa screaming match betwen KK and XO and all the moderatrs and admin and stuff, to a discussion about domestic violence and kk.

I think it needs to be burnt, and the ashes buryed under 3 foot of lead

That's quite a show of support. Are you an only child? :nono: