GRAW 2 Patch Announced

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO I think you will find people are asking for the game to update players automatically with whatever MOD is running on the particular server being connected to.

This is NOT going to happen.

The game WILL update with the latest patch automatically though. Its a totally different thing than updating a game with a missing MOD.

NO I think you will find people are asking for the game to update players automatically with whatever MOD is running on the particular server being connected to.

This is NOT going to happen.

The game WILL update with the latest patch automatically though. Its a totally different thing than updating a game with a missing MOD.

I think custom maps was what I meant to say. so many custom maps and no way to know where to find them all

Since the game isn't very good, why would anyone expect a good patch. It's a real shame.

All a matter of opinion of course, but I think it is a good game, a really good game actually. It just needs a LOT more ghost recon and a lot less Jerry Bruckheimer. For that reason alone, as a GR fan, there isn't much replay value. But as a "video game" it's really good. I'm confident the patch will be great. GRIN didn't give me the GR I wanted but I certainly don't doubt their skill. I also think it shows professionalism and prudence to put the patch out when it's ready, and not just rush one out as quickly as possible due to all the whining.

When is someone gonna release a game which has all the elements of OLD GR ... GRAW 2 .. FLASHPOINT .. COD4 included .. and as a bonus has all the maps included from the original GR 1 Now theres a game eh ...

Apparently, it has been a while since you have been around, but if you haven't heard by now, it appears there will be a GR/GRAW/OFP/CoD killer on the horizon called Ground Branch. It will play unlike all of those games.

When is someone gonna release a game which has all the elements of OLD GR ... GRAW 2 .. FLASHPOINT .. COD4 included .. and as a bonus has all the maps included from the original GR 1 Now theres a game eh ...

Apparently, it has been a while since you have been around, but if you haven't heard by now, it appears there will be a GR/GRAW/OFP/CoD killer on the horizon called Ground Branch. It will play unlike all of those games.

I am aware of GROUND BRANCH .. wasnt aware it was gonna be like that tho .. lets hope it it DEFINATELY IS EH :yes:

A little off topic ;)

I'm not betting on any new game until i at least have a demo in my hand

You're a wise man, ROCO.

Back O/T- has there been an official run-down of all the fixes incorporated in this patch? Pure curiosity, is all...

On the auto-downloader, the lack of it is purely a dent in the longevity of the game.

Custom maps, plain and simple, kill any server running them. We've tried it so many times and each time you wake up to find the server dead with no one on it stuck at a custom map.

10 years ago that wasn't a problem with more computer literate players playing these games. Today a huge number of players have no idea about their computers. They just play. And auto-downloader is a necessity, not an option any longer.

Many of us cannot stand COD4 or prefer GRAW2 to it. Yet we are compelled to leave simply because we're sick of playing the same maps over and over. The ability to have maps auto-download could keep the game alive indefinitely.

I cannot understand how any company would choose not to want this. You're not cannibalizing sales. You're just driving people to other games, generally not yours. How Ubisoft can sit and watch COD4 just dominate their investment in this game is a mystery. Do they think everyone playing COD4 is going to rush back to play the next Rainbow 6 game knowing it comes from the same people who couldn't figure out that an auto-downloader was important?

What I would give to be able to play many of the mayhem maps. Pity that they show up as "Custom" (another bad idea) so that many don't even see them or skip them. Oh well. Maybe by GRAW3 but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's hoping that 1.05 at least fixes most of the glitches.

Back O/T- has there been an official run-down of all the fixes incorporated in this patch? Pure curiosity, is all...
Well, the first post in this thread has a partial list of adds & fixes, although it is mostly incorrect. :rofl::wall::wacko: ######ing incredible, ain't it?

For not beeing any public post from UBI or GRIN it doesnt matter what the first post says.

.wiking

/ex.grin

Well, the first post in this thread has a partial list of adds & fixes, although it is mostly incorrect. :rofl::wall::wacko: ######ing incredible, ain't it?

For not beeing any public post from UBI or GRIN it doesnt matter what the first post says.

.wiking

/ex.grin

Good point. Let's see...

Here is the original post:

Hello All :)

I am pleased to bring you news of a download content pack for GRAW 2 PC which will be available from Wednesday 13th February 2008

The DLC is packaged as a 1.05 patch, meaning it auto-installs when you launch the game.

Features and updates:

Existing Levels of the Single player mode now playable in multiplayer:

o Mission 01 (Sierra, night level) (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 03 (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 04 (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 07 Hacienda (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 08 (MP Mode : RvsA & Deathmatch)

Exclusive additional weapons

o Shotgun

o SAW

Fixes and updates

o Fixes synchronisation & disconnections errors in multiplayer.

And this is from UBI's ghostrecon.COM:

Saturday 02.09.08 GRAW 2 For PC Update Coming Soon

Available Wednesday February 13.

Features and updates:

- Existing Levels of the Single player mode now playable in multiplayer:

o Mission 01 (Sierra, night level) (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 03 (MP Mode : RvsA)

o Mission 04 (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 07 Hacienda (MP Mode : Coop)

o Mission 08 (MP Mode : RvsA & Deathmatch)

- Exclusive additional weapons

o Shotgun

o SAW

- Fixes and updates

o Fixes synchronisation & disconnections errors in multiplayer.

Huh. :hmm: Whaddaya know! They're exactly the same. And...wait a minute...the official GRAW 2 site links to the exact same list!

Not that I've seen, but we should find out in a few hours...

Can you FlimFlam be any more negative? Live Happy.

I wasn't being negative with that post. Just stating the facts and infering that we'll know the full fueatures in "a few hours" once the patch is released so people should be patient just a little longer. Perhaps it would have helped if I put a " :) " at the end of the comment eh?

Anyways, I know I have been negative at other times during the thread so pehaps you took your cues from that and I can't fault you for it. I am negative about it for the most part because UBI and GRIN hamstrung a game from the COOP perspective and killed it for me and my team. Terrible server design and administration (we hosted but finally decided to take our coop server down because of the difficulties related to hosting). GRAW1 was very good and rough around the edges we had hoped that they would have improved it and made it better. But they didn't - they actually made it more difficult to host and administrate. Granted some things they improved but others they didn't. Gameplay wise on adversarial yes I would say it was for the most part bettered. COOP ended up like the server tools. They added multiple objectives but gutted the rest for most people. Like COOP, hosting took 2 steps back for every one forward. Personally, as someone who hosted GRAW1 and 2, I saw improvements on the dedicated server administration as to being the key to making the game last longer and potentially bring players back by making it easy for them to get new content - IE maps. The rest while nice simple aren't going to make the game last longer for most people once they play out the 2 to 3 new maps that are included in the patch.

But I guess that doesn't matter and I most certainly could be wrong. I'm curious where the game will be in 3 months once that content gets stale.

Hopefully I'll be wrong and they'll include the autodownload in the patch as a feature that wasn't listed. Either way we'll find out in a "few hours".

Anyhoo, I just checked and the patch isn't out for release and Colin hasn't posted any patch details on the official UBI forums in his release announcement.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Ahh, then its something else. I dont read the offical forum anymore. :D

To bad they cant get their facts right.

Well I know that the netcode been worked on, the anticheat, screenshots, server logs and some more server stats. Becouse I did that before I left Grin.

The shotgun is also added.

The other things I done remember. But I do know that some more maps where added.

Mattias Wiking

Ahh, then its something else. I dont read the offical forum anymore. :D

To bad they cant get their facts right.

Well I know that the netcode been worked on, the anticheat, screenshots, server logs and some more server stats. Becouse I did that before I left Grin.

The shotgun is also added.

The other things I done remember. But I do know that some more maps where added.

Mattias Wiking

Thanks Wiking (or should we call you Mattias now? ;)

I'm glad to hear about the logging? Can you give any more details on it? Is it more detailed or verbose? That would help a good bit for server operators.

Also I imagine/hope the screenshot reliability was improved as well as the name bug. Those would definitely be most welcome.

While I'm not a s stat person I'm sure Roco will absolutely love them! haha :)

The rest while nice simple aren't going to make the game last longer for most people once they play out the 2 to 3 new maps that are included in the patch.

But I guess that doesn't matter and I most certainly could be wrong. I'm curious where the game will be in 3 months once that content gets stale.

I think GRAW 2 is a great game in spite of UBI, but I doubt I'll return to the MP side because it's dominated by TDM players (I prefer RvA, but those servers are mostly empty), and there are only (at most) 2 new TDM maps.

so how is this auto download going to work on this patch?

in wonder because it was announced that auto download was not possible...

from where am I going to dl the patch?

The patch auto-downloads. When people refer to "autodonwload" they are in general referring to d/l'ing custom MP maps. There is no autodownload functionality in that sense, which contributed largely to the death of the MP side of the game.