A day in the life

X69RZX

A day in the life

This is a single player mission mod. I am in the process of creating a full mod, but I keep making these "modlettes". :lol: Anyway, A day in the life is ready for d/l.

Breakdown:

You will need to turn dead bodies on for this mission to function properly. You will not be allowed to change avatars(soldiers in game), this is to encourage the use of the command features of GR. There is a breif read me with the mod, it is a self extracting exe. There is no need for alot of briefing, it will be provided. The only thing to know is that a new feature(as far as I know this hasn't been done) has been implemented for GR. You will be extracting fallen soldiers. Please post any problems with the mod, and I will attend to them immediatly. Enjoy. :D

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

A day in the life<<<---------download here!!!!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

aditl1.gif

aditl2.gif

aditl3.gif

aditl4.gif

aditl5.gif

aditl6.gif

aditl7.gif

aditl8.gif

Edited by X69RZX

In this small mod, there is no animation to it. All at once the guy is no longer on the ground, but is then hanging over your back. And currently in this mod, it can only be seen while watching from the mission's replay, and while watching from 'observer mode'.

Correct Bambam. There is no animation, for I am but a lowly scripter. :rolleyes: However, Perhaps the idea could be expounded upon with the help of any interesteed parties. I'm sure(can't speak for him though) that Cobaka would hook up the max files if needed. If you must know, the corpse is tagged as an AT4 weapon, and is situated to apear as if it were being carried. I have made a special ret for it, and gave it no ammo. It was pretty funny running around shooting rockets out of his butt, however that's not exactly what I had in mind. The kit is assigned to the player when he approaches the corpse on the ground. The body on the floor goes away, the corpse appears on the shoulder. It's the best I could do, and I would really like to thank Cobaka for spending his time helping me with what seemed like a silly idea.

initial post :D

It was pretty funny running around shooting rockets out of his butt

Now there's an idea for a mod - mustard gas anyone? Flamethrower maybe? No . . . ah well :blink:

Looking forward to giving your modlette a try X69RZX. I'll let you know.

Jack

Hey X69RZX,

I think its great. I hope there is a way to make it work in multiplay. If so, it should set a new standard in future missions for depicting Spec Ops units who believe in "leaving no man behind." Hauling out the wounded and the dead would add a lot of new mission scenarios. It's fine without the animations.

I do fear that it will not be usable with any current live playing GR ghost team. It would seem that the body to be carried must spawn at the start of the mission as a 'disguised' AT4 weapon. I don't think its possible to program every ghost team body to change into an AT4 wep upon its death.

Still, its a very cool innovation.

You are correct again Bambam. There are several reasons why this particular mission is SP only. But, as far as the other part of your comment, I don't think it will be possible to tag a player in the way I did, in game. That is why you fail if you loose any of your soldiers. :P This was the only way I could think of to implement the idea of extracting a fallen soldier. It could be scripted to happen in game, but not to a MP player(it would need to be an allied company). I am working on trying a few different work arounds to try and accomplish some things that are not directly supported by GR. I could script a different mission(I'm working on it) for MP, including the same game style. I event thought about making it a game type!:D

BTW* Thanks, I'm glad u like it!

Edited by X69RZX

I assume you mean while carrying the corpse. If you switch to your secondary weapon, while carring the fallen soldier, you will kind of bench press him above your head. Kind of funny, but not very combat effective. :lol: He doesn't fire, and that's a good way to get yourself dealt with real quick. <_< But, you will bench press him if you switch weapons while carrying. :rolleyes:

Edited by X69RZX

• 3 weeks later...

excellent :thumbsup:

I've been running a MP RPG ghost recon campaign and carrying back downed teammates is something I¡¯ve always wanted to add into our games. If you can get it to run in MP it would be a huge achievement!!!

If you need any help play testing let me know