MONOLITH's back...

MONOLITH

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a lot of PM's and E-mails asking questions about exactly what's happening in this....So here's a little info...

by MONOLITH

"I'm still tweaking the scripting a bit. Since I can't actually have them grab you and eat you, and they don't have weapons, I have to simulate it in other ways.

This is probably the hardest thing I have tried to do, scriptwise.

But, it is working well so far.

I don't want to reveal everything yet, but some of it works by setting up 'playeractor' as a tag reference, which then allows the engine to recognize whatever character you are playing as a tagged 'zone'. The zombies are scripted to approach you, in varies ways and methods, by triggers and "follow" commands. Using a prox trigger and a timer, attached to the 'player actor zone', when the zombies are within , say 1 meter of you, if you don't move away or headshot them quickly,(as if they were about to bite you), you die.

Then as they hover around your fallen comrades corpse, you have to kill them and 'save his body', because as we all know "no one gets left behind". That is timed as well, so you need to save his corpse before they 'eat' him, while at the same time keeping them off of yourself, and your AI teammates.

I have discovered several other ways to combine scripting tricks to get 'strange' behavior as well. But I'm not letting out all my secrets just yet.

This will be a whole new type of gameplay. I think it will work exceptionally well for multiplayer.

Having to do this in close quarters, against mobs of them, combined with lots of scary effects, scenes, and sounds etc, is the closest thing to a Resident Evil experience for Ghost Recon that we're gonna get. "

I don't want to reveal everything yet, but some of it works by setting up 'playeractor' as a tag reference, which then allows the engine to recognize whatever character you are playing as a tagged 'zone'. The zombies are scripted to approach you, in varies ways and methods, by triggers and "follow" commands

I got it, TY :)

A query for MONOLITH. Are you going to include any new weapons, as seen in Resident Evil? I was thinking of the upgraded Beretta, the one with the three round burst (the dududu gun) or a sweet sawn off or maybe even the minigun (resident evil nemesis prize)? I realise that such things are merely decoration and that the way the game makes you feel is important, but all the same, you can't beat the thrill of 3600 rounds per minute!

A query for MONOLITH. Are you going to include any new weapons, as seen in Resident Evil? I was thinking of the upgraded Beretta, the one with the three round burst (the dududu gun) or a sweet sawn off or maybe even the minigun (resident evil nemesis prize)? I realise that such things are merely decoration and that the way the game makes you feel is important, but all the same, you can't beat the thrill of 3600 rounds per minute!

There is many miniguns out there... Just borrow one from any other mod and please giv Monolith the time he need for his next innovative stunt!

Monolith-I just got thru reviewing your mods!!!!

Have you ever considered therapy. there is something hidden very deep in there. :wacko:

Very True, Hunter......very true.

But you know, throughout history, the most remembered names, the brightest geniuses, the greatest conquerers, the people that had the most effect on the world, were all a 'little off'. ;)

hey mono this looks like the WDA MOD FULL they have zombies in their mod too. i think its a cool idea to take it to the next step. hey guys if ya havent checked out the wda mod full u can get it at walkingdeadarmy.com, stay-low.com and at loco its a cool mod if ya like resident evil. mono keep up the good work i cant wait to get it.

You visited my thread, so I'm visiting yours :D

When I first saw the zombie screens, I couldn't believe it. I'm totally ignorant about creating missions for GR -- i'm impressed.

I think we occupy the two ends of GR modding, you're pushing the limits to take the game in different directions, and I'm focused on improving the original intent of the game.

Cheers. And we need a beermug emoticon so I can offer MONOLITH a pint.

Hey Tollen, I realise that there are many miniguns but I was just asking MONOLITH nicely if he had considered the joy of riddling zombies with sooo many bullets.

P. S. Thanks MONOLITH for the reply.

Sorry... forgott any kind of "don´t take it to serious signs"...

Sorry... I didn´t mean to make it that harsh.