SWEBAT 2005 - Progress Thread

Tollen

Just finished giving the first AK5 model I finished for SWEBAT, the AK5B, a considderable facelift. Gone are the crappy lowres texture for the SUSAT and its been replaced with new more highres one. I've also added a recent swedish modification to the SUSATS's backupsights, the rear sight now doubles as mounting rail for its Simrad Nightsight. The AK's overall texture has also had a slight facelift.

Comparison pictures between new and old.

ak5b_comparison_1.jpg

(Old model near camera and new further away)

ak5b_comparison_2.jpg

(reverse to above)

ak5b_comparison_3.jpg

(new to the left, old to the right)

Snow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup::thumbsup: yummie...

A problem with doing it without using the "under barrel" funtion is that the character will "switch weapon". So if it is tagged for it, the character will have 2 KSP 58B on him.

Hm..there's also one other issue..

Without using the underbarel function, the character would have to carry twice the weight on him, since he is in fact carring two MAG 58s. That might penalize the character a bit too much, don't you think? It might move too slow...

Now, we all know those heavy machine gunners were never intended to be sprinters, but still... <_<

GR doesn't factor in weight. you can set it in the weapon tags but all players are the same speed unfortunately. :wall:

btw snowfella.. I've picked out a ring for that AK5B. she and I are gettin' married!

I have a question about that gorgeous rifle. are there rail adapters for the handguard? it sure would be nice to see the AK5C and D with some tactical attachments, like a lam, or foregrip. will there be a suppressed version of the B? (perhaps even if it's not appropriate for the kits you could include the model.. some modders do that :whistle: )

GR doesn't factor in weight. you can set it in the weapon tags but all players are the same speed unfortunately. :wall:

btw snowfella.. I've picked out a ring for that AK5B. she and I are gettin' married!

I have a question about that gorgeous rifle. are there rail adapters for the handguard? it sure would be nice to see the AK5C and D with some tactical attachments, like a lam, or foregrip. will there be a suppressed version of the B? (perhaps even if it's not appropriate for the kits you could include the model.. some modders do that :whistle: )

He he he.

The Mod will feature this Ak 5D fitted with KAC-rails, and she's allready engaged to SC ;-)

testing1.jpg

This is the real-life Ak 5CF. The F is for Försök = Experimental.

ny_mtrl1.jpg

We also have a few other suprises on hand, but I can't disclose that right now.

Have you've seen any Ak 5B's with suppressors in this thread?

If it's in here, then it will be included... :whistle:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: yummie...

A problem with doing it without using the "under barrel" funtion is that the character will "switch weapon". So if it is tagged for it, the character will have 2 KSP 58B on him.

Hm..there's also one other issue..

Without using the underbarel function, the character would have to carry twice the weight on him, since he is in fact carring two MAG 58s. That might penalize the character a bit too much, don't you think? It might move too slow...

Now, we all know those heavy machine gunners were never intended to be sprinters, but still... <_<

Even if there was weight in GR it would be easy to solve by simply setting the weapon weight in one of the GUN files to 0.

Here's another update.

The AK5 C & D models finally have their proper mags, don't blame me for the colour though! :P

Aparently the swedish army has a thing for mintgreen aug mags.

All AK models also now features a suppressed counterpart.

AK5c_sd.jpg

Snow

:wall::yes::yes::yes:

:ph34r::o=

I just like the looks of rifles fitted with the RAS.

I hear you, that G36 that Cobra6 found/made that I camo'd is awesome.. the new rail system for the M14 is sweet too..

as my gf says quite often

"kind of like that little black dress, it is suitable for all occasions"

Good thing I just took another look at that new AK5B as I just spotted a slight texturing error :wall: Teaches me to use dark textures on a black background again :nono: Atleast its easily fixed!

And since we haven't heared anything yet from our AK5 CF source, he's probably still out in the bush having fun with the real thing :devil: , I might just dig into that AK5D with KAC rails next ;) That's after I match up the new AK5B with all its accessories though, and have a look at some strange things with handplacement.

The new AK5B has now been mated up with all its completed acessories. I still have one left to make if I remember right though, a surefire handguard.

Still look good enough to marry swifty??? :P

ak5bfamily.jpg

ak5bfamily2.jpg

If you are wondering why there are 2 models with the 40mm GL its because we are going to use different models depending on if you are using the rifle or if you are using the GL. The model with the leaf sight folded down for rifle use and the model with leafsight up for when using the GL. Adds abit more realism, and now you can acctually see what your team mate is about to tear into the enemy with ;)

Snow

hmm.. <_< I don't see the suppressed gl version there anywhere... :(

please? oh pretty please?

ok now that I'm done begging.. damn. those models and especially their textures are straight up amazing. I can't believe how good the GL's handguard looks. man I can't wait to get my paws on that.. (boy, wouldn't that GL handguard go perfectly with that gorgeous suppressor?) :ph34r:

ohhhhh...well just have to wait and see swifty. :P One thing makes me doubtful though, its probably a very tight squeeze to get a suppressor on the GL variant. The barrel of the GL reaches forward to where the muzzle break starts and the suppressor threads quite abit over the myzzle break. Its probable that the GL's barrel and suppressor will collide making it impossible to mount. Going for realism here!

All this is beause I've modeled the suppressor from construction drawings of the real thing, they show exactly how big it is in comparison to the muzzle break.

And speaking of texture, just wait till you see what I have in hold for the AK5D-RAS! :devil: Expect to be able to read the writing on it!

Looks very nice. How was the licence test Tollen?

######*** H*** YOU SPAWN OF :devil:

Honestly, I hoped that every one forgot about that...

I want to put all blame on the p**** poor weather.

A new try the day before new-years-eve.

Failure is not an option. :rocky:

Edited by Tollen

Looks very nice. How was the licence test Tollen?

######*** H*** YOU SPAWN OF :devil:

Honestly, I hoped that every one forgot about that...

I want to put all blame on the p**** poor weather.

A new try the day before new-years-eve.

Failure is not an option. :rocky:

Sorry. I've been away so I couldn't ask. Good luck.

How the skins going?

@Tollen: Re - Failing the license test:

Coming from a country where they park jet fighters (JAS-39 Gripen) on the streets and highways, I would think the driving test could be REALLY hairy. Rush hour in the US is a real b*&^h but at least we don't need to swerve for AIM-9 Sidewinders :P

Seriously, look at the bright side, all that time you are not driving can be spent on the MOD! ;)

You could always ask your sister for a ride :P

J/K

OK, I'm done picking on you.