Is There?

Lawn Gnome

Just curious, why do you want to become a Ranger? Or serve in the US Military for that matter?

It's just my opinion, but I think the Canadian Military needs man-power more then ever at this point. Not to be disrespectfull, but I think it might be good to show alittle pride in your country, and armed forces. I mean, if it is something that you really desire to to, by all means, but, your own country's armed forces is in much need of men, then ours. Last I checked, Canada had under 60k members in all? I'm pretty sure we have a few times that many.

Good point Piccolo. Well I kinda ment to say that I would like to move to the U.S. I never ment that I was going to :wacko: I would like to move to the U.S. but I highly doubt that I will...I'm still young so I have no idea what i'll be doing. But in the end I will probally end up in the Canadian Armed Forces. But my idiol was a Ranger, and besides I love to go onto army sites and read about certin opperations that have taken place that were closed to the plubic.

But yeah I think I just made myself look like a ######...even though I am so i'll just shut up now and wont speak for a bit. :wall::wall::wall:

There are valid reasons for moving to another nation and enlisting, in all due fairness.

I'm a Naturalized Canadian, and emigrated here from northern England with my family in 1977. My brother is a career RCAF firefighter. That's not why we came to Canada, but it's an example of how what you described could have a certain merit or situation that wasn't stated.

Still, if you decide to become a member of your nation's military, there are practically only two reasons that I would personally consider suitable:

• A driving desire to serve your nation as a representative
  • A highly structured career choice, purely for it's own merit

Both very different reasons, which may combine nicely into a larger reason, but still stand quite respectably on their own.

You are young, certainly, but don't feel foolish for inquiring. After all, one can't learn unless they ask questions, right?

But yeah I think I just made myself look like a ######...even though I am so i'll just shut up now and wont speak for a bit. :wall:  :wall:  :wall:

You don't look like a ######. There is one person on this forum who believe it or not is even more dedicated to leaving his country to join a foriegn force than you - and he takes great pride in keeping us up to date with his progress - or more often than not, lack of it!

There are numerous members posting here who are serving in the forces, stick around and you'll soon see them, and hopefully benefit from their knowledge.

There is one person on this forum who believe it or not is even more dedicated to leaving his country to join a foriegn force than you - and he takes great pride in keeping us up to date with his progress - or more often than not, lack of it!

That would be me mate :rocky:

Welcome to the board Lawn Gnome. Its true, I'm a Yankee but I am seriously considering attempting to join the British Army. Specifically the Irish Guards Regiment. I see nothing wrong with serving in a foreign army, as long as it is not hostile to your homeland.

I suggest you look into the British Army mate :)

After all, to join the US Army you will need your green card. However, you can apply to join the British Army as an overseas applicant since you are Canadian. So I think it may be easier for you to join the British Army and sign up for the Paras or try for the SAS than to move to the States and try to join the Rangers. If you're interested in the British Army, check out www.army.mod.uk you can even enter a chat room and talk one on one with a British Army recruiter.

All I can say is good luck mate! :)

yeah like everyone else is saying, Gnome, do whatever you wanna do. dont let other people hold ya back from your dreams. i too hope to join the U.S. Rangers but im a born citizen of the US so i guess i wouldnt have as much trouble as you. but anyway, good luck man.

Edited by ETMC_PRODIGY

Personally I think that regardless of whether you choose to server in the US, Canadian or British Military anyone should in an of itself be considered an honour and a priviledge. Having served in the US Navy myself I would simply say that regardless of the decision you make do it with pride and honour. Reguardless of your decision I feel that you will be serving your country in no small way by protecting everyone's freedom.

Stout Hearts

Warhawk

I agree 100% Warhawk. Im just curious why these guys dont want to serve there own countries. That's all. I wish them the best of luck and much happiness, no matter which they choose, and have the utmost respect for them regardless. I have had this talk with Ty already, a long time ago. I just dont understand an urge to serve another country before you would serve your own. Im in no way knocking anyone, just trying to understand. Im extremely old fashioned.

I know I want to become a U.S. ranger but in the end i'll probally join the Canadian Armed forces and talk to my recruiter about joining a Canadian speical forces.

You can always join the Canadian Military and try for a slot in US Army Ranger School. A far cry from serving in a Battalion, but compleating Ranger school is a huge acomplishment.

Well ty I actually was thinking about the Brittish army and SAS...my friend and I were tlaking bout that yesterday. But now that i've seen this forum and talked to you guy (for some reson that sounded like I was quiting the forum... :wacko: but i'm not :D) anyways I think I will stick with the idea od joining the Canadian Armed Forces, but Piccolo made a huge point and I think that iswhat i'll end up doing :) thanks man..by the way is there anyone eles that is thinking of joining an Army?

Hehehe, Tradition is paramount with the brits, Early wake up calls, Bergens on ya back, An a nice TAB in country side :wacko: "Only 6 miles at 0300hrs" they say :wacko: "Then a visit to the dentist cos we dont want ya fillings exlpodeing in ya mouth at high altitudes" Such nice people, But we get through it ay, Nothing like a boiled sweet from the old ration pack to boost the morale :thumbsup: