Windows 10 Installing Ghost Recon

Willmore

Disc or Steam? Also, GR has a force-on-start resolution of 640x480, which some recent systems won't even try to do anymore, and this could be the problem you're having. I don't have any help for you, unfortunately, and I can't say this is the problem you're having.

Thanks to everyone....I am trying to load from disk not from Steam-version .....

I cannot change my resolution to 640x480 ....is that because of Windows 10 or Video card geforce 8080gt ?

Do I need to be able to do set my resolution to 640x480 with the steam version? 

windows 10 basically banned use of disc based games that used safedisc/securerom (which is almost every game from the last 15 years) GR gold uses safedisc which means it wont play. the only work arounds are finding an old OS, digital version, or cracked version.
i'm bothered that most PC gamers are in the dark about this. when this news was released last year it got little attention. i hope more people learn what happened and begin to criticize microsoft for this move. 
they are essentially punishing those who already legally bought a game and their solution is for us to re buy the game with more restrictive DRM than what the original disc game had. its really ruining the whole backwards compatibility aspect of PC gaming.

• Like 1

If the game never starts there will be no options.xml. It is written the first time the game launches.
I have Win7 and tried to install GR with the discs from the Gold Edition. The game never would launch.
With win XP the game installed and played with no problems. I don't know if that is the case with WinVista but it definitely is an issue with Win7.

The Steam version is the best chance as the DRM has been disabled. But that still is not a guarantee.

Don't worry about trying to run the game in 640x480,
GR will do that for the menus but when the game goes to a mission the resolution can be anything available in the options from the main menu.

I have the legal Gold version and I use a [Thing that should not be spoken of here IAW Forum Rule 3.7] to get it to run. Apparently, the Steam version has no problems whatsoever.

Same here, and most people I know have had to do the same for W7.

my gold edition never had any kind of DRM, i installed it to my external hard disk, and can run it with no disk in the drive, I've not had to do anything unspeakable in the process. 

but honestly, it's cheap on steam and it works on my windows 10 PC with no issues. 

If you want to try the resolution fix just let me know I'll slide an options.xml for you to paste into the main folder on monday evening