CAPD2: Ghost Legacy (hd actor + upgrade for capd2)

MrMoon

Out of an abundance of frustration and the need not to have delivered a lemon, this morning I went through and reset every extraction zone in all of the missions with one. KRP56, can you PM me so I can send you the missions only (by email) to see if the changes worked?

Rocky, I want to solve this new problem before putting a bigger announcement out there. Thank you to everyone who has been helping me!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Checked ModDB where MrMoon would post quite a bit about his work.
I found this at ModDB:
Creator
Mr-Moon Mar 13 2016
Will have a big update to my projects soon but this mod as it stands currently is dead and going to have its assets combined with another.

Ashame because he did such great work scripting, texturing and character skins.

Thumper's Clear and Present Danger 2 is a top notch mod.
I found very little wrong with it other then the last two maps which have an issue
with the vegetation which the AI can see through.

Edited by wombat50
Removed link. Newer version next post.

@die7,

I believe on page four, of this thread, is a link to MrMoon's Thantos Ghost Legacy-demo https://www.mediafire.com/?ofljcfic3gd1ede
Five new missions in the MrMoon style.

On page five is a link to CAPD2(Version 2) which is the latest version of Thumper's mod. I don't know how this got by me but I have not seen it before.
So I'm not sure if it contains MrMoon's skins, tagging fixes to vegetation on Trafic and Colombie maps. I do know he has included four additional missions to go along with Version 1's 19 missions. Link: http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1285

KRP did mention troubles at the extraction zone on some missions but I believe it was a beta version and that had been addressed in the final version.

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

I have played some of CAPD2(version 2) since I downloaded it yesterday.
The missions are locked so only appear in the CAPD campaign. I wanted to test so with a text editor I unlocked the missions to appear in Quick Missions.

I had trouble with Mission 14, Dark Alleys. The enemy AI did not see the Ghosts or shoot at them. In Igor, I changed Allies undetectable in the Startup block to POW-1, POW-2 and Informant undetectable. Enemies now shoot at the Ghosts. I have attached the .mis file. Make a backup of the original for orders sake.
zeta14.mis

Trafic and Cartel map vegetation is still not correct and I am having difficulties correcting that. At the moment I'm not sure what the issue is. At one time I had these maps corrected for vegetation tagging.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wombat50 said:

Trafic and Cartel map vegetation is still not correct and I am having difficulties correcting that. At the moment I'm not sure what the issue is. At one time I had these maps corrected for vegetation tagging.

I tested these missions a bunch of times and had changed just about all the extraction zones to get them to work better but when I got to these 2 maps I pretty much gave up because their not very playable.:x Up to that point the campaign was a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I think I have got the vegetation fixed on the Cartel and Trafic maps and a couple more fixes.
I will upload a patch when I get it all done.

So far:
-Mis 14: Changed Allies undetectable in Startup block to POW-1, POW-2 and Informant undetectable.
 The way it was the enemy did not see the Ghosts.
-Changed tagging on fv_grassclump.rsb(fishing map) to grenade & gunshot transparent and foliage
 As it was you could not shoot thru the pampas grass.
-New sound for e_rain_grass1.wav
-Overwrote .map, .sht and textures files for Cartel, Trafic and Lvov maps.
 Fixed issues with vegetation where the AI was able to see thru it and bullets would not pass thru it.
-Revamped command maps by adding numbered grids as needed.
-Mis 18 two patrols were unresponsive. Changed their alertness to locked combat

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

Link to CAPD2 V2 Patch:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r5o2i1wcdgwpo6j/CAPD2_V2_Patch.7z/file

Specifically to be used with CAPD2 Version 2.
http://www.ghostrecon.net/files2/index.php?act=view&id=1285

For now it is meant to be run as a mod at highest priority. If there are no issues maybe later Rocky can add it as a patch in the download section. Contains a change log and credits text. Primarily addresses the vegetation issues on mission, 06, 18 and 19.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hello Guys!

Could anyone help me? I downloaded the CAPD2 mod from the GR net download list, and started playing it. In mission 1 the game keeps going even after I checked all the houses etc. the campsite & house objective doesn't want to end. I've seen other people had this exact problem, but I didn't find answers for this issue.

Not sure about the cause of the issue but the quick solution is this:

-Start the mission in single player.

-Open the console by pressing enter on numpad. If on a laptop remap the key.

-type  unlockhero

-press numpad enter

-type autowin

-press numpad enter

-press esc

GR should move on to mission 2

• Like 3