Future Soldier pushed back to FY2012

Deosl

bigdownload: Ghost Recon Future Soldier won't make first quarter 2011 release date

Ghost Recon Future Soldier, the upcoming and latest game in Ubisoft's tactical shooter series, was first announced for a fall 2010 release and then pushed back to a first quarter 2011 timeline. Now Ubisoft's latest financial press release have announced that the game won't make that release date after all.

Instead Ubisoft has decided to move Ghost Recon Future Soldier to sometime in the publisher's 2012 fiscal year which in calendar year times starts on April 1, 2011 and ends on March 31, 2012. There's no word on why the game has been delayed yet again but at least the first quarter is a bit less crowded now.

IGN: Ghost Recon, Driver Delayed Again

Ubisoft has again delayed the release of Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier for Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 and Driver: San Francisco to the publisher's 2011 fiscal year, which begins this coming April.

Both titles were previously scheduled to ship in the fourth quarter of Ubisoft's 2010 fiscal year, between January and March of next year.

No reason for the delays was provided.

joystiq: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Driver: San Francisco delayed

Ubisoft's latest earnings release brings news of delays for both Driver: San Francisco and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver: San Francisco, which were previously planned for release in the fourth fiscal quarter, will now be included in the 2011-12 line-up," the report notes. Ubisoft's fourth fiscal quarter runs from January through the end of March 2011, putting the releases of both games somewhere in April 2011 or later.

Both Driver and Ghost Recon had already been delayed into the previous "early 2011" timeframe, making this the second announced delay for both titles. At this rate, Ubisoft is going to have to change Ghost Recon's title to "Ghost Recon: Soldier."

gamespot: Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Driver: San Francisco delayed

To finish off the disappointing news from Ubisoft, the publisher also had two game delays to announce. Both once slated to arrive during the first three-months of 2011, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver: San Francisco have been pushed out of Ubisoft's in-progress fiscal year. The publisher now expects to release both games during its next fiscal year, which runs April 1, 2011 to March 31, 2012.

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is being delayed until our next fiscal year. We are working to make the game the best it possibly can be, and we’re taking this extra time to do just that. You haven’t heard much from us lately because we’ve been hard at work improving the game, and we’ll share new details with you soon. The GRFS beta is still in the plan, and it will be happening closer to the new release date.

kimi_

Community Developer

i can imagine it isnt a financial thing, its probably just giving it touch ups and full compatability with Kinect. i could see allot of modelling glitches present in the playable demo in E3.

but that is my view dont kill me if im wrong

Edited by zeealice

Ubisoft's delayed Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Driver San Francisco.

Both games were due to be released some time in the first three months of 2011. Now, they are included in Ubisoft's 2011-12 line-up, which runs from the beginning of April 2011 to the end of March 2012.

No explanation was provided by the French company in its first-half 2010-11 financial results.

It did say, however, that H.A.W.X. 2 and R.U.S.E. "performed below expectations".

For the first six months of the financial year, Ubisoft made a net loss of €89.8 million - 34.5 per cent worse than the loss it made on the same period last year. That sounds bad, but sales were up an impressive 57 per cent to €260 million.

Of those sales, both Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2 and R.U.S.E. performed "below expectations", as mentioned, but Wii smash hit Just Dance fuelled solid back catalogue sales.

And Ubisoft enjoyed a twofold increase in digital sales off the back of Scott Pilgrim on XBLA and PSN, downloadable content and sales of PC games.

Looking forward to the rest of the quarter, Ubisoft pointed to its impressive release slate of games it reckons should rake in the cash.

There's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, due out this week. Just Dance 2 is already doing the business. Then there's Raving Rabbids Travel in Time for the Wii, Michael Jackson The Experience for the Wii, DS and PSP, Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, MotionSports and Fighters Uncaged for Xbox 360 Kinect.

CEO Yves Guillemot said: "Ubisoft's outlook is extremely encouraging for the upcoming Christmas period. Just Dance 2, launched in mid-October, is the Wii phenomenon of the moment, with sales up 75 per cent.

"Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has the potential to outstrip the exceptional performance of the previous episodes, with pre-orders up 25 per cent over Assassin's Creed II. The initial reviews have been extremely positive, praising the breadth of the single-player experience as well as the game's revolutionary multiplayer mode.

"Michael Jackson The Experience and Raving Rabbids Travel in Time are also expected to contribute to our success in the coming quarter, which looks set to see record performances. We are also encouraged by the very positive early performance of Kinect and the good showing of our games for this system, especially Your Shape: Fitness Evolved which is the best selling third-party game for Kinect in the United States."

Buried within its financial results press release is a mention that Ubisoft is "taking measures to adapt its structure to the major changes in the industry by reorganizing the roles and operations of its studios, which has resulted in the termination of certain projects".

It fails to mention which projects have been cancelled.

Source: Eurogamer.

I'm very surprised by this since it was just rumored/leaked that the 2011 COD installment is going to have a futuristic sci-fi theme just like GRFS. Does that mean they'll push it all the way back to March 2012? Or are they going to cut their losses and dump it during summer 2011? I can't imagine they'd want to go head to head with COD.

Guys, gotta say it: love this site. Y'all are the best. Keeping the faith for GR is tough & you guys are doing it. This post is a mixed one. It either spells the end of GR or a new beginning. Ubi sent a good chunk on the live action trailer but waiting to release has been a tough move & they're paying for it especially after laying off 38 red storm employees. It Ubi fumbles, I hope those guys (red storm) start their own company!!!!!! The shake up at the top is expected after laying off 38 great employees. Sounds like Ubi was living to high on revenues and debt.

But if Ubi actually listens to us, a winner can be pulled out. I've played Battlefield BC 2 and it's scripted A LOT and gave me the feel of FS that I've seen on YouTube videos. So Ubi has got to do better than this and learn from their competitors else they are dead. Being a BFBC or MW or COD look alike just won't do.

I'd say post on Facebook GRFS page & let ubi know what we think makes a successful GRFS. They need to know from us who love this game. All I can do is hope for the best.

The game was delayed because they are changing the content of the game. No other explanation fits. This is a good thing as GRFS sucked ass. The Ubi Paris team have no clue what GR fans want. And this proves it. Hopefully they brought in someone who:

A : Cares about the Ghost Recon franchise.

B : Knows what they are doing.

C : Can listen to the community and not twist it to suit themselves. Ie we want a guille suit, hey lets give them a stealth cloak. Same thing.

Edited by BS PALADIN

Isn't this the exact same thing that happened to SC: Conviction? When it was first unveiled it got lukewarm reception and UBI kept delaying it to supposedly to "improve" it but turned out they changed the game quite abit from. GRFS got a pretty lukewarm reception as well in it's unveiling and not it's been delay after delay........

The near-total info blackout does smell like changing content. My guess would be that whatever new stuff they're adding won't be ready for the 2010 holiday sales, so they're moving it to the next slot where good sales can be expected. I'd be surprised if the game ends up being dramatically different from what we've already seen.

We can only hope...My fear is that they'll instead try to "keep up" with the COD series by making it even more like those games. But hopefully they've realized by now that they have a unique property and they don't need to try to clone other games to be successful.

they don't need to try to clone other games to be successful.

yeah especially crap ones ugh CoD makes my blood boil love the fish, hate the game, so inaccurate.

but CoD is trying to rip off GR now and im not very happy, first the "ghost" character and now rumoured future warfare

Actually at the time they even denied that the delay was due to a redesign. They even used the word "polishing".....

May 20, 2008: http://www.eurogamer...iction-redesign

May 29, 2008: http://www.eurogamer...erfect-says-ubi

Polishing/improving are the basically the same thing. ;) Either way as long is it continues to be a "Future Soldier" game it's not for me. Go watch GI Joe, the resemblance that GRFS has with it is astonishing and sad.

but CoD is trying to rip off GR now and im not very happy, first the "ghost" character and now rumoured future warfare

You'll be pleased to hear that [neither] Ghost [nor Roach] will not appear in the next Modern Warfare game in the franchise, due to certain circumstances within the MW2 SP story. Besides, wasn't GR primarily USSF? Ghost [the character from CoD: MW2] is UKSF.

You'll be pleased to hear that [neither] Ghost [nor Roach] will not appear in the next Modern Warfare game in the franchise, due to certain circumstances within the MW2 SP story. Besides, wasn't GR primarily USSF? Ghost [the character from CoD: MW2] is UKSF.

oh good, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

yeah but they still ripped GR off. :rolleyes:

Let's put it this way, when it comes out on PC, they are just going to call it "Ghost Recon: Soldier." ;)

hehehe

sorry i had to! :P