a new Total Conversion Mod "Sabotage"

pz3

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I decided I will go ahead and make this public. Real life issues keep me from persuing a finished product anytime soon and I thought I would go ahead and let everyone give it a go.

Sabotage Alpha

https://docs.google....ZkNPREhGdkVFcEU

It may get abandoned due to GRs aging graphic system and my future modding endevours. This future has been an idea I tossed around for some time. It would be a community effort to create an asset archive for tactical gamers. Bringing the ARMA, GR, TAKEDOWN, and other modding communities together. Having a dipository of models graded on their authenticity. From Characters to vehicles, props, and even sounds.

The community mod asset will be well underway in the next couple months when I launch the website. Encouraging everyone to join the effort.

Have fun with the mod as it sits and If anything hope it can inspire others to create their own masterpieces ;)

Edited by pz3

I had a look and was impressed. Music, shell menus, and sounds were all topnotch and welcome addition to the stock game.

Good start on the map with excellent textures and modeling.

Sorry to hear this may not be completed but understand about not having the time or want to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just a note for everyone. Work continues on this mod in my spare time. I am still set on completing it at some time in the future. I will be posting updates off and on.

Anyone willing to work on this mod in their spare time is always welcome to help out. :)

post-5611-0-99734400-1380333277_thumb.jp

This list is rather large but im not rushing anyone if they do help.

Texture Artists:

-Skyboxes

-Finishing Models

Modelers:

-Levels

-Props

-Vehicles

-Characters

-Weapons

Animators:

- Replace GR animations

- Work on intro / outro rendering

Sound Artists / voice actors:

-Theme music

-Effects

-Voice Recordings

Mission Scripters:

-Setup all levels with single player campaign / fire fights / mp game modes.

Coder:

-Checks on all mod code for errors

I finalized a terrain creation method too (excuse the textures it will be more similare to the pic in the last post). Specifically this was for russian. I'll be doing a tutorial on it soon as well.

post-5611-0-19955700-1380337515_thumb.jp

Re-read most of the thread.

I'd do the kit icons.

Also, map and plant textures if you were pressed for time or just wanted a different idea.

I can upload a map I re-textured to give an idea.

You are very good at every aspect of making a mod. Just a matter if you want to get it out the door

in a timely fashion or work by your self and take a lot longer to complete.

If I submit anything I don't expect it to be used.

It could be made very quick but it wouldnt reflect the quality I want. The biggest mod killer i know of though is it just gets boring. Strangely I have found any part of the sabotage concept boring so I will be at it for sometime. I may doreleases sparodically to see what people think of the content. Not full mods but little functional ones

i've got BLACKHAWK S.T.R.I.K.E vest textures that fit to the ghost rifleman, demolitions, and support characters, a couple of heroes too if you are interested, The same ones were used in project novo.

I've got an Alicia Diaz model also backed up and ready for use in Ghost Recon as well.

I'll do what I can with the character textures in my free time as if you need it

DOH! asked about the vests ages ago sorry dude still up for the offer though!

Edited by Zeealex

Finally hammered out all the light editor / map issues I was having. Easy fix suprisingly but didn't realise it.

So this test level so far has served its purpose.

Pics of the test level

post-5611-0-68257600-1380852101_thumb.jp

Here is a rough draft of the play area for one of the levels. 400x400meters respectfully. The borders of the level will be altered slightly.

400x400.jpg

Edited by pz3