Atomic Games announces new FPS "Breach"

ATOMIC GAMES ANNOUNCES NEW FIRST-PERSON SHOOTER

Game based on the elite CIA Special Activities Division officers.

Atomic Games, a pioneer in covert action simulations and military action games, today announced the development of Breachâ„¢, a multiplayer title for consoles and personal computers.

The game features so you've managed to decode this section to reveal the classified information. Come on! Did you really think it was going to be that easy? Yes, we do work for military and intelligence organizations. Yes, we are creating a game that will blow your mind. Yes, some of it was actually redacted. Yes, many of us have security clearances. So what that all means is I can't tell you anything more than is in this release until it's okay. Until then, we are high-speed, low-drag and ready to work. Molon Labe!

More information will be released as it becomes declassified by Atomic.

Well after months in hidden limbo we finally announced and showed the press the game I've been working on over here at Atomic Games.

Breach Hands-on

As for Six Days in Fallujah well that's something I can't comment on. Breach should be a fun one, let me know what you all think. It's not GR but still should be fun.

thanks,

-pat

[Admin Edit: Merged with the existing "Breach" discussion thread]

Edited by Pave Low

So when are we gona see more about Breach?

From the sounds of it this could a be a good game to use Fan support as a good advertising tool.

Will it be more GR, R6 or BF2 type gameplay?

[Admin Edit: Merged with the existing "Breach" discussion thread]

Edited by Pave Low

Check out some of the gameplay footage. I would say we're more of a mix of R6 and BF2 but focused a bit more on destruction and fairly fast paced. We'll be changing and tuning things so what's shown isn't set it stone.

Here's a link to some of the video walkthrough of the game as well as some of the actual gameplay:

Breach Walkthrough Videos

thanks,

-pat

Wow! Looks very interesting. I have been looking forward to a game which does destructable environments. BFBC2 does it to a point, but you can't blow up every building in a level.

Looks like Breach's gameplay sets it apart from the rest of the shooters. Looking forward to seeing more about this game and glad to see it is coming out on the PC too!

Anyways, lots of Breach goodness popping up on the interweb today ... check out this interview that reveals Breach and Atomic Games is funded by the CIA! :ph34r:

http://bitmob.com/articles/atomic-games-on...ng-from-the-cia

It does say in the first post...

Atomic Games, a pioneer in covert action simulations and military action games, today announced the development of Breachâ„¢, a multiplayer title for consoles and personal computers.

and in the "hands on"

Breach's most talked about feature during our hands-on time with the Xbox Live Arcade and PC first-person shooter

and this is the PC Gaming Forums ;)

Yea the no peek can be frustrating at times especially when I know where an enemy is coming from but I have to expose my entire body to do anything about it. Assuming you are talking about BC2 not BF2.

• 3 months later...

Bad news: The game has been delayed until January, 2011.

Good news: They delay means they can add "hardcore mode" and do simultaneous PC and Xbox 360 releases.

Money quote:

"I've always said, we don't make simulations for the public and we don't make games for the government. However, we have come to realize there is a growing segment of the gaming population that wants to test these simulation systems out for themselves, which is why we're adding features, like a Hardcore mode, to Breach."

http://breachgame.com/atomics-game-breach-delayed/

Edited by MeanMF