BF: BC 2 - PC Trailer - "Valparaiso Talkthrough (Redux)"

Pave Low

For the first time, DICE shows PC-specific Battlefield: Bad Company 2 features in a trailer.

Producer Anders Gyllenberg talks you through the various perks of playing on the PC,

as well as showing off Valparaiso, a previously unseen Rush map:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 PC Trailer (available in HD or SD)

While the idea of not being able to go prone at all is off putting. I have watched videos of the gameplay and am trying to find reasons why I shouldn't buy this game. (Yes, I need to try the demo yet.) This video in particular (SP mind you!) has me completely dumbfounded. Check out 1:25.

Yes, that's an enemy on fire, screaming as he burns to death. I cannot believe how this gameplay looks.

Does anyone know what modding support will be available?

Q.

Does anyone know what modding support will be available?

A.

Gamestar: What about modding? Is there going to be an editor or other mod tools?

Patrick Bach: The player can change settings on the dedicated server but there won't be modding tools included in the retail game.

The reason is the same as coop mode. That is, we decided to focus on other aspects because we want to achieve the highest levels of quality possible, rather than a buggy game with average gameplay but with modding possiblities.

Theoretically we could still add mod support after release, we just don't know yet. But it's out of the question for the retail version.

Q.

While the idea of not being able to go prone at all is off putting

A.

Gamestar: Are players going to able to use prone in hardcore mode? Some players did complain about the fact that it isn't possible in the game.

Patrick Bach: No. We know that some players think that this is a big problem. Our decision is based on realism. Former soldiers explained to us that they don't lay down. Only snipers lay down and then they stay on a hill for a week. And our game wouldn't be more fun because of that.

Gamestar: So you don't like snipers very much?

Patrick Bach: We have no problem with snipers in general, we just don't like campers. The gaming speed in BC2 is pretty high. We want players to move. The game shouldn't see everyone hiding in the bushes, instead it should offer a dynamic battlefield with a "rock paper scissors" system. Most snipers don't see a problem in this, except the ones who want to hide in the bushes for the whole round.

Having played a lot of the beta, the game is really, really good. It's an action game, but it's an action game with a lot of depth and tactical options. And most of the griefing ###### are gone thanks to no prone -- its a lot harder to find glitchy, cheap ways to move around and camp without prone availible.

you know, for a game like this I totally agree.. :) a game like original GR prone is a must, slow & tight, in this one it seems wide & fast, plenty of cover and plenty of destructible objects to keep the terrain varied.

I think I will be a contender on the 5th march (UK release) something to fill in the year ;) and I hope to see Rocky there too.... FTW.

Customized PC controls, dedicated servers with an integrated browser, wow, it's almost like he was trying to talk about all the things Modern Warfare 2 removed. :P

Dedicated servers are not for general release use, meaning EA will run them with partners, you can rent them and have a dummy terminal on a rented server but not on your machine or your own private server.

The game as far as I know will not come with dedicated server files.....

]The game as far as I know will not come with dedicated server files.....

Is it basic dumbed down admin control on ranked servers?, there are unranked servers seen in the beta so why have ea/dice not given us the option to use our own servers?, why would anyone pay for unranked servers?. No mod tools as well, tight fisted lot :D

Customized PC controls, dedicated servers with an integrated browser, wow, it's almost like he was trying to talk about all the things Modern Warfare 2 removed. :P

LOL, I also think he did that on purpose.

Yeah, this game looks awesome. Will be fun to drive around tanks, choppers etc. again.

So I hope all of those who complained about the deficiencies of MW2 PC pay for a legit version of BFBC2 and show the PC is a viable and lucrative platform. And if EA happens to earn a billion bucks from this title, good for them.

So I hope all of those who complained about the deficiencies of MW2 PC pay for a legit version of BFBC2 and show the PC is a viable and lucrative platform. And if EA happens to earn a billion bucks from this title, good for them.

What is it the cool kids say, +1?

:thumbsup:

Now lets make sure we find some decent servers to game on.

I suggest you to go on a clan server where punkbuster is on.If punkbuster is off then it's at your own risk (zoo) mean that any cheater can enter at will and make the law on your head :(...I know that there's is already a hack available :wall: so watch out specialy in hardcore servers.This is just a friendly warning :yes: ...have fun! :o=

RPGhard,

Now lets make sure we find some decent servers to game on.

I suggest you to go on a clan server where punkbuster is on.If punkbuster is off then it's at your own risk.

I'm sure there are many decent honest servers out there, it's just finding them :D . You could try =MGUK= they say they have streaming to PBbans.com with MD5 checks etc.

streaming.jpg