Dynacomp Download

Parabellum

Well, six years later, here it is. Sort of. The campaign is incomplete, but otherwise, the mod was largely finished. Here then, is what we finished. DYNACOMP. I stress again, the mod is NOT COMPLETE. Please keep that in mind, and enjoy the mod for what it is.

If anyone reputable within the community tries the mod, and feels compelled to finish it, send me a PM. I have no intentions of doing any more work on the mod than what is in the download; it has been uploaded simply so that people may enjoy the work as-is. The entire DYNACOMP team worked very hard, and honestly, it's been so long that I can't even remember everyone who helped out. I can tell you this though: Keep your head down on that first mission. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been playing the first campaign mission (on "Elite" setting - have not tried the .exe yet) for some time now - super-intense firefights with extremely aggressive OpFor! Enemy AI feels "human" in a very creepy way! I don't remember getting my ass handed to me like that in a while! Every time I think my position is secured, some bad guys show up in an unexpected location and teach me otherwise. And forget about creeping up on an enemy from behind - they keep checking their six regularly! Lots of fun!

Some new features: Menu screens, music, actors/characters wearing redesigned BDU's with new attachments, weapons, weapon ballistics, adjusted combat model, weapon sounds, reticles, maps, missions (obviously), cinematics, no soul-switching (in first campaign mission), to name but a few.

The story line, which is briefly touched in the ReadMe, reads like the intro to a Tom Clancy novel and hints at what may be the reason for the many surprises I encountered during the first campaign mission (although I may be wrong on this). The concept behind the campaign is just brilliant, the story introduction makes me want to know more - much much more!

Although this is unfinished work, the premise of the campaign and the suspense encountered in the first mission alone captured me right away. This mod needs to be finished! The little glimpse this preview provides is more than enough to wipe away any doubts about it - and I've only just played the first mission! Para, I'm sorry - but I think you have to quit your job and keep working on Dynacomp!

Initial impression? Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cool! Glad you're sharing it with us.

I noticed in the main menu there was a picture of a desert-y looking map, but all I can find in this distribution are the obstacle course and the canyon highway. Did this other map not make it out the door?

any1 got it to work...I click on the Dynacomp exe, selected the weapons (slot 1 & 2)...just hangs :unsure:

did I skip something?

dang forgot its not complete :wall:

any1 got it to work...I click on the Dynacomp exe, selected the weapons (slot 1 & 2)...just hangs :unsure:

did I skip something?

dang forgot its not complete :wall:

You'll have to ask DonMiguel about that one. Just play the mod in-game. :)

I'll install fresh to lessen the mod clutters...here's a ss:

dynacompgn1.th.jpg

did a fresh install, patched 1.4, extracted Dynacomp into Mod folder, and nothing happened.

IKE crash log

Did you enable the mod? :P

On a more serious note I just finished to download the 80MB mod (it tooks around 5 hours), tried and I have to agree with Apexmods that the work is very good with some excellent tweaks.

Definitely a mod somebody should finish!

Did you enable the mod? :P

I guess I left myself open on that one :lol:

anyhoo, I uninstalled GR...blasphemy!...turned off PC...reinstalled GR...ran so far....went to work...100x blasphemy!!!...now reading board... :wall:

tonight!!! I can't wait till tonight :yes:

any screenshots? :whistle:

unfortunately there's 2 problems I've had

a) the .exe doesn't run in Vista (was never built for Vista though)

b) the .exe was hardcoded to take the player certain places at certain times based on the design of the campaign. This was never completed due to missions never being finished. You'd have to kill the mydynamod.sgm files and start from scratch to make it work and it won't work that way cause the .mis files for the training are missing.

As Para said, just load the missions in quick mission and play it. The whole dynamic process is what the .exe did and that really isn't here or there as the mission flows never were completed (making the .exe somewhat useless).

As Para said, just load the missions in quick mission and play it. The whole dynamic process is what the .exe did and that really isn't here or there as the mission flows never were completed (making the .exe somewhat useless).

So extract to Mod Folder....restart game...go to Quick Missions?

or

Extract to separate folder....load the missions into Quick Mission Folders in GR folder?

ARRGG!!!! 3 MORE HOURS before I punch out :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

If you download the mod, please let us know what you think, even if you think it sucks.

I downloaded the mod, set it up, and tried the mission where you secure the 'embassy'. Then, the mod blew out the power for thousands of people here, and I didn't get power back until late tonight.

It could have been a coincidence, though. :blink:

Yeah, bad timing. I'm still interested in checking out the missions. When it's warmer.

If you download the mod, please let us know what you think, even if you think it sucks.

I downloaded the mod, set it up, and tried the mission where you secure the 'embassy'. Then, the mod blew out the power for thousands of people here, and I didn't get power back until late tonight.

It could have been a coincidence, though. :blink:

Yeah, bad timing. I'm still interested in checking out the missions. When it's warmer.

I told you that mission's tough, hehehe. :P

It sucks alright! :o 1. That I haven't been on my PC the last couple of days so I could download it. 2. Now that I know it's out I still can't download it because I'm stuck at work. :wall: Thanks Para for letting us in on what was finished on this mod. :thumbsup: