Ghost Recon: Heroes Unleashed

ApexMods

So I've just downloaded this mod and very excited to try it out tonight.

Regardless of how it goes, I have to take my hat off to you Apex for this staggering mod - I consider myself one of the original GR diehards but this is next level. :D 

I will report back after I've had some fun!

• Like 1

On 24/05/2018 at 01:48, ArmedLightning said:

HU - No Auto-Save

Touching on a prior topic buried long ago, I've never been a fan of the auto-save function as each save  (last checked in v1.00) weighs in at several MB each and can quickly add up. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a miser when it comes to SSD space. After some brief reading, I dived into Igor (having never touched it before) in an attempt to isolate the script function related to the auto-save. Fortunately, "Apex" was consistent in his work so isolating it was pretty easy. The hardest part was the tedious slog through each .GTF and .MIS file to excise the applicable block. At any rate, for those who are still interested, here are the files that I've modified. I've only done limited play testing, so if any mistake was made along the way it's unlikely I'd catch it due to the sheer volume of missions available. Currently it's based on the v1.01 update and packaged as on unofficial add-on. Others have expressed interest in this feature, so rather it never see the light of day, I wanted to share it here. Hopefully some of you find it useful. Finally, it would be nice to see the auto-save eliminated from future updates. If i recall correctly, I think Apex himself said he wasn't partial to the feature in a response to another post. Let the players spam Quick-save if they choose. With tools like AutoHotkey, Logitech Gaming Software, etc.,  they can setup similar behavior if it's really that important to them.

HU_No_Auto-Save_1.01.7z

Nice work! 🙂

Yeah, I'm ambivalent about the auto-saving. Maybe will include a way to disable via add-on mod in the future.

On 25/05/2018 at 11:12, Lightspeed said:

So I've just downloaded this mod and very excited to try it out tonight.

Regardless of how it goes, I have to take my hat off to you Apex for this staggering mod - I consider myself one of the original GR diehards but this is next level. :D 

I will report back after I've had some fun!

Thanks, mate. Looking forward to your feedback!

On 26/05/2018 at 20:37, AceFan84 said:

Just wanted to say my brother and I finally had a chance to try this again together post patch and it worked great!!!  Thanks a lot for your hard work Apex...really an amazing job!

Thank you. Always nice to hear. 😊

Soon... (and by soon, I mean after I get done using the reskinner tool on 180 files)

unknown.png

EDIT: a quick test where I modified a .chr file with Notepad ++, saved it, and then undid the change and saved it again actually worked. Went ahead and used it's bulk editing capabilities to save lots of time (hopefully).

EDIT 2: Nope, stuff broke. Guess I have to do things the hard way.

EDIT 3: Things just came up and looks like I'll be gone for the next 3 weeks. Got to take care of those, so probably not for a while.

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

Quick question - I don't see a list of Credits anywhere and the one inside HU just has variations of your (Apex Mods) name.

So did you create all of the content including maps, skins, weapons, etc?

If you created all of the content then hats off to you, but if you're using content created by others, do they get a shout out?

• 2 weeks later...

WIP of Heroes Unleashed skin upgrade pack, Tertia Optio. Nowhere near completion, still got plenty of work to do. Rifleman have been completed, made a fix to the magazine pouch issue on coyote brown vests.

Picture Batch 1 (mostly Multicam, DCU 3 Color Desert, and M81 Woodland)

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Picture Batch 2 (mostly M81/Multicam combination, Desert Tiger Stripe, and M81/Tiger Stripe combination)

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1
  • Tier 1 Post 1

Thanks, more of it has been completed. Rifleman and Demo skins are complete, so more than halfway through using the reskinner tool (8 rifleman skins, 4 demo, 4 support, 4 sniper, 9 model files per character). Have a look at some of the demo guys. Need to redo face assignments though since the same face set is used on the same character each time instead of mixing and matching. Only effects the sniper and demo guys due to how I have it setup.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

has anyone here tried the No Crosshairs Add-on mod? i cant seem to get it working and i've tried both the 16x9 and 16x10 options. 

to clarify I'm trying to get rid of the red crosshairs and use only the reticles in the optics; i assume that is the function of the no crosshairs mod..

I Have tried using the No Crosshairs Add-on mod with version 9b but had no luck.
The only files contained are mask_sr.rsb and mask_sr-nv.rsb
I always thought the pips or red bits were in the reticle file.

I have seen this in another mod where they were changed to no pips using a batch file and changed back with a different batch file.
It would involve allot of files for HU if I'm correct.

@Jack Wachter in MP do i have to use a particular kit restriction for the skins to show using the Heroes Unleashed Skin Upgrade: Tertia Optio Mod? 
Outstanding work Jack. 

Edited by wombat50

@wombat50 The regular Ghosts are replaced, so just use any of the kit restrictions with them. I didn’t mess with the actual kits themselves because I’m lazy and have other things I want to do (like finishing Cloak-and-Dagger v1.4 where you’ll get to play as different enemy factions including some from the main campaigns).

• Like 2

Thanks Jack!

@shakealeg1212 Did a little more looking at the original files and the replacements in No Crosshairs Add-on Mod.
The reason it did not initially work for me was because I had another mod activated that was interfering. :oops: 

The original files (and these are masks not reticles) have a cross hair that should overlay the reticle. It is a very subtle continuation of the reticle.
I assume it should work for all scoped weapons. The files in the No Crosshairs Add-on don't have this overlay crosshair.
I think what you would like is not to have the red pips show and this is done by editing all the reticles files by blacking out the pip in the lower RH corner of the alpha channel. This is do-able. I haven't counted the total number but it is about 200 reticle files located in the \Heroes Unleashed\shell\art\reticle folder. This is the 9b version but I looked at the HU version one and it is setup the same way. 

Edited by wombat50
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So some of the PvP game modes have weird scoring. Mainly play with Siege and Hamburger Hill gamemodes using AI backup.

Siege: killing the defense team doesn't result in an automatic victory for the attacking team according to the game. It would also be interesting to have the time needed to secure the defense extended from 5 seconds to around 15-30 seconds. This would transform the game into more of a "take and hold" situation. Not sure how it works with 3 or 4 opposing teams, but a way to decide a winner would be to get points for each kill so that in the event the defense team is killed, the attacking team that inflicted the most damage is rewarded.

Hamburger Hill: as is (at least in 1 team vs 1 team), I could take control of the point for 1 second and suicide my team and still "win." Perhaps adding points for each kill would make things interesting. Something like 10-20 points a kill (each second controlling the hill is 1 point). This would introduce a dynamic that killing the enemy could result in a win unless that enemy has controlled the hill long enough and inflicted enough damage to make up for dying.

Seems the common thread here is to make the lives of your team members matter more. Could also introduce a loss of points for each death on your team (not sure if possible). Thinking probably make that value less than getting a kill would. Just some ideas to put out there.

Hello. I'm just now starting to get into Ghost Recon for the PC and I dived right in with Heroes Unleashed. Simply astonishing work. It really sets the game apart from the original. I have a question about the platoon set up. Unlike in the original vanilla game, I can't figure out how to give my soldiers the skill points they've earned. In Heroes Unleashed, was the feature removed? Or controlled automatically?

Cheers

Pretty sure that feature was removed. The read me (IIRC it’s called the operator’s manual or something like that) should have more info about it. I’ll check later when I get home and see what I find.

EDIT, looked in the Operators Manual and found this: "Participation in campaign missions no longer results in additional combat points for individual soldiers, and no extra combat points are given out in quick missions anymore, either.  All soldier stats are completely reworked for improved character abilities and AI behavior, so the combat point system would no longer have any effect."

Edited by Jack Wachter
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jack Wachter said:

Pretty sure that feature was removed. The read me (IIRC it’s called the operator’s manual or something like that) should have more info about it. I’ll check later when I get home and see what I find.

EDIT, looked in the Operators Manual and found this: "Participation in campaign missions no longer results in additional combat points for individual soldiers, and no extra combat points are given out in quick missions anymore, either.  All soldier stats are completely reworked for improved character abilities and AI behavior, so the combat point system would no longer have any effect."

Oh nice. That makes more sense as well. Thank you for finding that one out

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. I’m playing through it and love every minute of it. I’m on the 10th campaign mission now. Trying to beat Blue Storm without any casualties 😵

This brings back great memories of a time when I played the original. You made the game new again! Thank you. :)

• Thanks 1