[ Game listed at Play.com ]

methz68

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some can say that our expectations are too high is absurd. But to have a truly "open" tactical shooter, the objectives have to be completely open to complete them in any order. military missions don't go down as we would want them to. that being said, many commanders have had to alter the order of objectives due to murphy's law or other unforseen matters.

so open objectives are important which GRAW/GRAW2 could never deliver

When GR4 becomes a reality and the platforms are known, the forum will be split to the 2 platforms, PC and console. For now, this one forum will be used for everyone, no matter what they play on.

Still, GR.net is historically a PC game fansite that opened up to give those who like this game on consoles a place to find out info and meet other like minded gamers as the PC gamers have had the ability to. Stick around and enjoy what we have to offer.

i got a question.... is everyone on these forums for PC cause i'm console only. All my opinions on the GRAW series I said before were based on the console games.

Both, on the news page there is tabs for console users, and in the forums there are console specific forums too. For unreleased titles we have one big forum for both platforms, then once it gets busier, we split the forums into platform specific :thumbsup:

@ BamBam

I don't understand why people are all over the Ghost Recon series and how it's gotten worse. I got Ghost Recon 2 for original xbox and loved it. When I got my 360 GRAW was my first xbox live game and I LOVED IT, i thought the campaign was also really good too. I also felt GRAW 2 was a pefect sequel. I felt these were the best games on 360 and i played them more than any other game.

You choose = [Ghost Recon].

Ghost Recon 2, the little I played of it was totally linear - go this way, move there, kill that.

That is as far from [Ghost Recon] as you can get - the whole point of GR was you could tackle the mission the way you wanted to tackle it. Go North and eliminate camp, then head East and destroy Communications Tower... then rescue hostages.

No wait, maybe it would be better to knock of the Comms Tower first, then rescue hostages and kill any reinforcements that come from the camp.

GRAW on 360 was better graphically but the same linear gameplay with a disgusting hud and pink diamonds - and an annoying commander who would pop up on screen every 5 minutes saying that the mission had suddenly changed - this does not make the game open and unpredictable. It make the game linear and more annoying.

GRAW on PC was somewhere between and personally, could well have been the next GR had they stuck to the GR principle - you choose how to complete the mission. If they had made the game open and not linear it would almost have been perfect imho.

The insertions in GRAW were second to none - the game play immersive - but the linearity unbearable for a GR diehard.

YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND GHOST RECON UNLESS YOU HAVE PLAYED THE [Ghost Recon] ON PC AND ISLAND THUNDER AND DESERT SIEGE....DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR. FIND THE GAME AND PLAY IT - :P ...GET IT.

Edited by Tinker

I keep hearing about "pink" diamonds... first of all, adjust the color on your monitor (they were blue, yellow or red). Second, the PC is over rated (point click point click arrow etc.) I played GR and IT on the xbox and they were quite satisfying... and I didn't have to run a virus scan afterwards ;)

I game on my console. I work on my Mac. My wife uses the PC.

The above is not meant to offend, discourage or upset anyone. Just smile :)

Ah, the old compromise- give up some control for the relative safety of console (read: virus-free) gaming! I've got no problem with that. My personal preference in game controls, in most cases, is the keyboard/trackball setup. Hence I game on PC. Butyou do have a very good point there- console gaming is, for the time being, much safer.

On the other hand, you just KNOW there's some overweight 12 year-old in his bedroom right now trying to write a trojan horse for XboX Live or something. It's only a matter of time...

Pink diamonds... Must... revive... GRAWtrix... undead... helicopter...................

<scurries off to laptop to retrieve... something....>

WHY has this thread turned into a "discussion" about PC versus console gaming???

I know I have heard the arguments over and over and over...

They invariably lead to flaming. I'm NOT saying that anyone is flaming.. but I just hope it doesn't turn into that.

Al Gore has now outlawed the use of CO2 fire extinguishers and I sure don't want to pour water on the PC to put out the flames.

Al Gore has now outlawed the use of CO2 fire extinguishers

I think I am gaming too much.

Seriously, at first I read the above as "Al Gore has now outlawed the use of COD5 flame throwers." :huh:

Hehehe...

They emit Carbon Monoxide and stuff... They're bad, m'kay?

I keep hearing about "pink" diamonds... first of all, adjust the color on your monitor (they were blue, yellow or red). Second, the PC is over rated (point click point click arrow etc.) I played GR and IT on the xbox and they were quite satisfying... and I didn't have to run a virus scan afterwards ;)

I game on my console. I work on my Mac. My wife uses the PC.

The above is not meant to offend, discourage or upset anyone. Just smile :)

Don't go there again. In the words of John Sonedecker, console gaming is now just like PC gaming. There is no longer the ability to just put the disk in the box and play, not with game updates/patches, installing to a hard drive and console firmware/driver updates.

PC gamers can use controllers to play games, if they so choose and have a wide variety to choose from from high end HOTAS to low end joy sticks to yokes (used for flight sims) to rudder pedals (flight sims again) to steering wheels with gear shifters for racing games. It is not all just about a mouse and keyboard and add in something like TrackIR, you get 6 degrees of head movement.

With mods just starting to be created with console map edit programs, even now the console is taking advantage of something that was only in the PC realm even just a couple of years ago, not to mention internet connectivity (coupled with the hard drives the reason for patches and driver updates).

People game on their respective platforms for a reason. You have yours, PC gamers have theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on the phone to the nice people at play.com, and asked why the listing was removed, I mentioned that I preordered it and thought it strange the listing is no more. he put me on hold and upon his return said they are waiting to update the listing in Janauary with "more" information.