Computer Peripherals Not Coming On...

squad_e

Hi everybody, I came back from London, I went away for the weekend. Then I come home and I see that my PC, powers up. But my :

Keyboard (Genius brand)

Logitech G5 Mouse

HANNS- G "19 TFT Monitor

Does not.

Nothing seems burn't out..

I went through the typical checks, like cables. I moved them around unplugged them and plugged them back in. I even checked my internals like cards to see if they wernt moved or nudged out of place.. Checked the internal power leads.. you name it, i've checked it.

At college i took the time to check on google to see what the hell is going on, went on computer forums and it seems like a real common problem, many people have posted this issue.... But no Joy.. Nothing usefull came out of it.. From my wee search...

Right now i'm using a laptop, so i can at least continue my project work study :S I hate it..

Pleaaaase anybody help...

Thanks in advance.. :thumbsup:

Does the harddrive start up? If not you could try using a live linux distro.

Good question, do you hear the power supply fan running?

Can you start the PC, press F8 and start the pc to a command promt, or vga mode?

*Does the monitor have a green or orange light after trying to start it?

If you are sure you have checked all cables and connectors, power cable to motherboard sometimes comes loose. Testing the monitor first on your laptop would be best.

Otherwise maybe trying the video card in a friends PC? :unsure:

Possibly motherboard if everyting else works. Do the m&kb lights flash at any stage, can you hear the windows tune?

hmmm... no not yet.. But me needs to find a VGA adapter for my graphicscard.. To test it on my dads TFT screen..

I had a similar problem with what I thought was my monitor back along. After a long process of elimination, it turned out to be a burned out graphics card.

My monitor kept saying 'no input signal' - it had an input signal, it just wasn't displaying a pic because of a seemingly dead graphics card.

with theses answers im a give it a proper check on my day of tomrow (wed). I'll be well gutted if it's my 9600GT gone down...

I still have my old GFX Card, i'll wack it in and give it a try...

Thanks for the great help so far :) apreciate it ... :thumbsup:

with theses answers im a give it a proper check on my day of tomrow (wed). I'll be well gutted if it's my 9600GT gone down...

I still have my old GFX Card, i'll wack it in and give it a try...

Thanks for the great help so far :) apreciate it ... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Remember the older graph card may not support the resolution the monitor is set too at present. May need to start in vga mode and adjust it first.

Update.

Here is what i did, i replaced a different monitor, with an AVG adapter and no result. :(

I replaced my 7600GT, with my 9600GT, no result... :( (using my normal HANNS-G)

I don't hear a BIOS beep at the start as you would do normally when a PC starts...

My Motherboard is an ASUS M2N SLi deluxe ...In-case u wanna know .

Where's the best place to pick up a BIOS battery?.

EDIT: I tried the monitor on my laptop, via VGA connector and it works, ok great stuff, now i know my peripherals are fully working.. Thanks to evilDucky for the hint..

Now this thread needs a different title, is it my power supply or my motherboard?.. yay or nay?..

Thanks everyone so far ;)

Edited by squad_e

The good thing is that you are now able to rule out some of the possible problems. I'm not quite certain though that not hearing a bios beep at start up is a major concern or even an indication of the problem. I read this thread here where the guy has the exact same issue as you and someone stated that not hearin a beep doesn't always indicate a problem,

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/No-Beeps-Start-UP-t98064.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like his situation got resolved either.

Edit: I have been looking some more and it looks like others who had this issue were generally able to fix it by either taking out their Ram and re-seating it, or just making sure it was securely in place. Check this link out and try it's recommendations:

http://www.troublefixers.com/no-beep-at-st...-does-not-boot/

Edited by dporter

squad_e,

I read this thread so far and my contribution is:

Your system needs a psu, motherboard, Memory, CPU & GFX card to boot. Unplug everything else.

From power on the first thing that happens is the BIOS post boots the system and confirms this with a single BLEEP from the onboard or attached pc speaker.

IF you don't get the bleep, the post boot has failed.

If you get a series of bleeps then find out what the bleeps mean: depending on BIOS type

No Beeps = Short,No power, Bad CPU/MB, Loose Peripherals

One Beep = Everything is normal and Computer Posted fine

Two Beeps = POST/CMOS Error

One Long Beep, One Short Beep = Motherboard Problem

One Long Beep, Two Short Beeps = Video Problem

One Long Beep, Three Short Beeps = Video Problem

Three Long Beeps = Keyboard Error

Repeated Long Beeps = Memory Error

Continuous Hi-Lo Beeps = CPU Overheating

No bleeps, psu, motherboard, bios, or cpu

Check PSU connections , remember unplug all equipment not needed, if there is a fault on one and they are pulling the PSU line voltage down then that will be removed.

Post your results.

No picture on Monitor is to far down the line to draw a conclusion.

viii

you forgot to mention the famous one Long MotherFBeeep start betch... :thumbsup:

No beep or any kind of beep at all at the start.. :yes:

thanks tho viiiiiiper.. :thumbsup:

*update*

The PSU seems good..

Got my bro to check it out too, even he's confused in a dayz.. We tested out the BIOS battery by taking it out and using a meter my dad has .. The Battery has power.. It was reading 3. somthing, i cant remember now ..

I Put the battery back in, even knowing it would reset the BIOS and now i am positive that the motherboard is a gonner... Good thing is, my ASUS M2N SLI has a 3 year warrantee and i've had it for only a year and a half ..

And i've not played anything for a week :zorro::wacko:

Edited by squad_e

I Has found the needle in the heystack

This means i found my reciept from Ebuyer Uk that has the order code and the rest of the bits with it, now i can finally send of my motherboard to ASUS and with my proof of purchase and get me a free motherboard back..

Slow progress but gettin there.. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...